By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xenogears whos played it? Is it still good today?

Nem said:
ethomaz said:

tiffac said:

Both games were created by Tetsuya Takahashi. who left Square Soft (Xenogears) to become a founder of Monolith Soft (Xenosaga, Xenoblade)

I know Xenosage have relation with Xenogers... but Xenoblade too? I mean... storyline.

Officially, no. But you can connect the dots if you want. Xenosaga is episodes 1 to 3. Xenogears is episode 5 and mentions what was probably episode 4.

From the ending of episode 3 i understood the team wanted to delve into the creations of the universe. Unsurprisingly it seemed to have been the theme of Xenoblade, even though i never played it.

The saga was supposed to span 6 episodes. And from what i gather Xenoblade wasnt originally part of it. But, maybe someone who played it can shed light on this. I dont see how Xenoblade can be episode 4 though, since xenogears starts in the basis of an already established universe.

You have the right idea but you are technically incorrect. Xenosaga is not episodes 1-3 in the Xenogears universe. They actually are not officially connected. Xenosaga was seen as a reimagining of the Xenogears universe. I did a ton of research and read the Perfect Works (incredible read).

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Around the Network

Weak ass gameplay, music is mixed, story is awesome, though its delivery is very very mixed... overall worth it though. I reviewed it back in the day:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=124980&page=1

Iveyboi said:
Nem said:

Officially, no. But you can connect the dots if you want. Xenosaga is episodes 1 to 3. Xenogears is episode 5 and mentions what was probably episode 4.

From the ending of episode 3 i understood the team wanted to delve into the creations of the universe. Unsurprisingly it seemed to have been the theme of Xenoblade, even though i never played it.

The saga was supposed to span 6 episodes. And from what i gather Xenoblade wasnt originally part of it. But, maybe someone who played it can shed light on this. I dont see how Xenoblade can be episode 4 though, since xenogears starts in the basis of an already established universe.

You have the right idea but you are technically incorrect. Xenosaga is not episodes 1-3 in the Xenogears universe. They actually are not officially connected. Xenosaga was seen as a reimagining of the Xenogears universe. I did a ton of research and read the Perfect Works (incredible read).

Thats what i said. Officially no. :P

haven't beaten it yet b ut I'm enjoying it! love the battle system

also...you didn't like Xenosaga? you bastard!!!

think-man said:
rpgmaniac said:

The bullshit some little kids (obviously) spout around here is unbelievable, why the fuck do u try to give advices & recommend a game when u don't have idea for what u r talking about? Xenogears holds LEGENDARY status & it's the only game I put next to FFVII, it's by far one of the best JRPGs ever created & one of best JRPGs/Games I have ever play, & btw I play JRPGs the past 16 years & I have finish countless & for sure most of the good ones.

So "think-man" ignore any1 who make negative comments about this specific game because if u love old-school traditional JRPGs this is as good as it gets, there is nothing like it or will ever created, Xenogears is no brain one of best JRPGs of all time, go ahead & play it, I'm sure u will enjoy it immensely & know that I'm jealous of u, the experience to play a JRPG like Xenogears for the first time is something I crave to experience once again but that quality doesn't exist anymore in our days.

Thanks, Just started playing it today! the soundtrack is amazing and so is the game so far from what I have played.

The soundtrack is my all time favorite in any game ever!!! it was made by the genious Yasunori Mitsuda the guy who compose the music for Chrono Trigger, Chrono Chross, Xenosaga Episode 1 & more, also the final song for Xenoblade Chronicles which I have listen over 100 times after I finish the game, btw know that the amazing world map theme in Xenogears have a version with vocals & it's amazing! here a link to get a taste:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRRvMPHQDl4

The vocalist name is Joanne Hogg & the same person sing the last song when u finish the game but don't go & listen it before u finish the game be patient this momment will be magical as is the song ^__^

Xenogears is a MASTERPIECE Story/Music wise is one the BEST EVER, continue playing & be sure that u haven't see anything yet the game becomes so good as the story progress u wont believe it.