By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will Microsoft's next generation controller look like this?

Its doubtful, it looks almost exactly like the Wii's remote. Plus, I for one, like the current controller and wouldn't want a remote type controller.

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:
Its doubtful, it looks almost exactly like the Wii's remote. Plus, I for one, like the current controller and wouldn't want a remote type controller.

You mean you'd rather use a joystick to aim with?

Neophobe! 

Legend11 said:

Kind of looks like my profile pic, only it stinks of desperation and looks to be whoring itself.

^ They are both ugly, your Avatar and that pic.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Typical cash-in attempt by a third-party controller developer. I knew it would happen eventually. Shortly after the NES pad came out, you saw similar controllers pop up for PCs. After the N64 and DualShock came out, so too did PC controllers with analog sticks. This is just history repeating itself.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network

why isn't there an analog stick?

man i would hate if microsoft also went motion sensing

put a vibration pack on it and at least the wife will like it anyway

that is a horrid controller, no need to change from the one they have, no everything needs motion control

I think it'd be better if both controllers actually melded with a person's hand, at least a bit. Imagine holding a wiimote that curved with where your fingers are placed. Wouldn't that be so much better than any of these straight 'remotes'?

The BuShA owns all!

Well their full of bs if they think the wiimote relies on IR. They also didn't mention if this would support IR, which I thought was needed for pointing (do light gun games need one?).

They also point at one game (tiger woods) as proof that the wiimote can't be used for simulations. I'm not a golfer so I'llleave it to other people but what about that japanese golf game that requires you to hold the wiimote 2 handed in a more realistic fashion?

Pricing it at $99 also kills it as a product as well as the inviteable lack of game support.