By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which Game Will be The Best Selling Game This Year?

ethomaz said:

I LOVE GIGGS said:

I don't think GT6 stand a chance against Pokemon. At least not in the first three months.

How much do you expect GT to sell in 2013? Do you think people moving to PS4 will hurt it?

6-7 million in 2013

PS4 won't hurt it.

When will it be released?

I was expecting it to be released in November and sell 4-5m in the first two months. If it can sell 6-7m it has a chance to beat Pokemon.

I should have looked at the release date for these games. 

Around the Network

I LOVE GIGGS said:

I was expecting it to be released in November and sell 4-5m in the first two months. If it can sell 6-7m it has a chance to beat Pokemon.

GT5 launched in the last week of November and sold 5.6m... I'm looking for a early November launch this time.

ethomaz said:

I LOVE GIGGS said:

GT5 launched in the last week of November and sold 5.6m... I'm looking for a early November launch this time.

Wow. I don't remember it launch to be that good! 

You're right. GT6 has a good chance to be the best selling exclusive of the year. I think it depends on the release date for both games.

Best selling game ending Jan 31 or of games releasing this year which will sell better all time?.. Smartassery aside GTAV for sure, both on 360 and PS3 but it will sell more on the 360 by a million(just a guess). COD and Pokémon sell like crack but GTA is a juggernaut.

Call of Duty: Ghosts on X360. MW3 sold over 10m in just 4 weeks, there is just nothing that will beat it. I also expect the PS3 version of GTA V to outsell the X360 version, back in the day of GTA IV the X360 hade a 50% larger install base than the PS3 but it only outsold it by about 25%-30% that year.

Around the Network

Hard choice. It will be close.

I don't think CoD will win, I expect a fairly large decline again this year. It'll be either Pokémon X/Y or Grand Theft Auto 5. GTA5's PS3 version will probably win, PS3 has the bigger install-base now and it was basically a tie already with GTA4. Gran Turismo 6 will be a good fourth, I think it'll reach the same sales as it's predecessor, because the generation ends, which won't be enough to beat any of the others. Animal Crossing has no chance.

Because of Pokémon's worldwide release, it being the first game of the new generation and it's likelihood of giving the series a sales boost due to it being the first 3D Pokémon game, I think it'll win. Barely:

#1 Pokémon X/Y
#2 Grand Theft Auto 5 PS3
#3 Grand Theft Auto 5 360
#4 Call of Duty Ghosts 360
#5 Call of Duty Ghosts PS3
#6 Gran Turismo 6
#7 Animal Crossing New Leaf

Pokémon x/y is my guess

1. Pokemon X & Y (3DS)
2. Grand theft auto V (PS3)
3. Cod Ghosts (360)
4. Grand Theft auto V (360)
5. Cod Ghosts (PS3)

1. GTA V (PS3)
2. GTA V (360)
3. CoD Ghosts (360)
4. CoD Ghosts (PS3)
5. Battlefield 4 (360)
6. Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)
7. Battlefield 4 (PS3)
8. Fifa 14 (PS3)
9. Fifa 14 (360)
10. Ass Creed 4 (PS3)

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

dukerx2 said:
Best selling game ending Jan 31 or of games releasing this year which will sell better all time?.. Smartassery aside GTAV for sure, both on 360 and PS3 but it will sell more on the 360 by a million(just a guess). COD and Pokémon sell like crack but GTA is a juggernaut.

It doesn't have to be released this year. It is the game that sells the most from 1/1/2013 to 31/12/2013.

For example, Animal Crossing released last year in Japan. We'll consider it although we won't consider the amount it sold last year.