By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has A Game Ever Grown On You, Or Won You Over The Second Time Around?

Kingdom Hearts (1), thanks to some recommendations i bought it, played it for like an hour (until you get to traverse town) and absolutely hated the game's mechanics, horrible camera, horrible combat, aah... never touched it again until more than a year after when a friend came home, we were playing he saw that i had the game said he was a big fan and blah blah we started playing it and got like 4 hours or so into it, i went on from there, i wanted to see how the game's story ended and in the end i was satisfied. Today i still think the combat and camera are horrible but the game also has may great things.

A similar thing happened with Final Fantasy X, but it took me less time to replay it (and there were no friends involved ha), also a good game.

Around the Network

ghosts 'n goblins. its so hard but so good. gameplay is in a league of its own.

CassiePrich

enrageorange said:

Mass Effect. I had just rented it originally and thought it was just average. I stopped playing during the first vehicle level when I got stuck on a rock. Just a few months ago I decided to dive into the series again mainly because I've become a huge fan of scifi. I actually payed attention when people were talking and roleplayed a bit and had a lot more fun. 

I've learned to appreciate WRGS in general a lot more than when I was younger. 

Wagram said:
Mass Effect 1. The first time I played it I utterly hated it and then quit. I was at a friends house at the time. I bought the game for $20 years later and I was fairly happy with it, it wasn't perfect but it got me into the series. Glad I bought it because 1 and 2 were amazing.

You know, I picked it up on rental some years back, and I'd heard about how good it was, but it just didn't click for me. Hearing you two talk about it, though, I'm thinking I might give it another chance.

If I were to pick it up, which system do you think I should get it for? PC or 360?

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

I guess for me it would be "Resonance of Fate" that battle system took some getting used to, hated it the first time around. The grinding was killing me but I gave it a second shot and once I got a hang of the battle system. I was able to finish the game and I do enjoyed Vashyron's dialogues.

Around the Network

mario galaxy- was bored the first time playing it through, when my dad smashed my wii on the floor i was forced to play to play it again, fell in love with it

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword could be an example of this for me. The first time I played it I found it frustrating and annoying. The second time I played it I found it a little less frustrating... so now I actually like it.

Persona 3 FES, hated it at first because I don't really like dark games but after the first boss I fell in love.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

I didn't really like Uncharted the first time I played it. I just couldn't get past the "lol, dude raider"-ness of it all and quit pretty early on. When I finally gave it a fair chance some months later, I was pretty amazed at how great it really is.

Nope