By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tretton: “To Force Every Consumer” To Have a Camera “Ends up Coming up a Little Bit Short”, “It Should be a Choice”

naruball said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
When Comparing a massive Failure for two straight generartions to an Industry success.... You should claim that you don't want to force the third iteration of said failure to your customers....Maybe Third time is the charm?....Well Maybe not since it has no games....

Massive failure? Really?  I've noticed that you never post anything positve about Sony and that's fine, but this is really pushing it. It's as crazy as calling eyetoy and move massive success. If anything, both did decent, but not great. There's a huge difference between a product failing to meet a company's high expectations, but still selling tons of copies (e.g. Tomb Raider, Hitman 3, L.A. Noire) and an actual "massive failure", such as "Fuse" or even "Sorcery".

Do you even know how many EyeToys or Moves have been sold/shipped?

I say it's a massive failure due to it's lacks of games...from sony and third parties...I can't even remember any game for it on PS3...And Move Is is a controller..Unless you need to eyetoy to use move which makes it even worse..

Around the Network

good choice

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

NintendoPie said:
At least Sony is nice enough to not force a camera down our throats. (Yuck, what a nasty image.)

Still, what's with that PS+ subscription being necessary for multi-player? Isn't that a tad "forceful"?

Honestly I think they need to make it necessary to turn a profit at all with the market so crowded, and plus its been confirmed it will stay $50 and not be $60 like xbox live.  Plus you get Drive Club with it so you basically save $10 on that.

Zizzla_Rachet said:
naruball said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
When Comparing a massive Failure for two straight generartions to an Industry success.... You should claim that you don't want to force the third iteration of said failure to your customers....Maybe Third time is the charm?....Well Maybe not since it has no games....

Massive failure? Really?  I've noticed that you never post anything positve about Sony and that's fine, but this is really pushing it. It's as crazy as calling eyetoy and move massive success. If anything, both did decent, but not great. There's a huge difference between a product failing to meet a company's high expectations, but still selling tons of copies (e.g. Tomb Raider, Hitman 3, L.A. Noire) and an actual "massive failure", such as "Fuse" or even "Sorcery".

I say it's a massive failure due to it's lacks of games...from sony and third parties...I can't even remember any game for it on PS3...And Move Is is a controller..Unless you need to eyetoy to use move which makes it even worse..

The move was cool for shooters like Killzone and Bioshock. I can't trust the "better with Kinect" banner on most xbox games that support it.

Why can't I have the choice of being able to play online for free without having PS+ shoved down my throat?

I agree with Tretton, but since you have to pay for online for the PS4 he contradicts his statement.

Around the Network

yup MS droped the ball they should have never put a kincet in every xbone box its dumb

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

gooch_destroyer said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
naruball said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:

The move was cool for shooters like Killzone and Bioshock. I can't trust the "better with Kinect" banner on most xbox games that support it.

I'm not really a fan of Kinect and never tried it...But it sure has alot of games for it..I guess I will find when I get Xbox one

AgentZorn said:
Why can't I have the choice of being able to play online for free without having PS+ shoved down my throat?

I agree with Tretton, but since you have to pay for online for the PS4 he contradicts his statement.

Back when PS+ was something to get and had nothing to do with online paywall I agreed it was a great deal..No it's just sugar coated paywall..

NintendoPie said:
At least Sony is nice enough to not force a camera down our throats. (Yuck, what a nasty image.)

Still, what's with that PS+ subscription being necessary for multi-player? Isn't that a tad "forceful"?

Damn skippy it is!

I'm still dissapointed about that because i don't play online that much but i do love me some Fat Princess online. I 'll have to pay to play the next Fat Princess on PS4..

I was actually going to buy PS Plus because i heard that it was a greater value that Sony created for themselves. I heard that it was better than "other" online paid gaming services so i was going to buy it just because i had the choice.

And now it's holding my Fat Princess online hostage

I still don't know how i feel about that..

Zizzla_Rachet said:

What are you talking about??