By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Coming In April 2014?

Jozu said:
I swear this is all Nintendo seem to do, there always seems to be another Mario, Donkey Kong, Pokemon or Zelda game coming out. There doesn't ever appear to be just one year where we don't get one of these games.

When was the year year Xbox didnt have Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza release? 2003

Or the last year Playstation didnt have a Gran Turismo, God of War, Uncharted, LittleBig Planet release? 2006

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Joza said:
"So what exactly do you hope to gain by pointing this out? That people stop playing Nintendo games? Surely you understand people are gonna play whatever games they want to and nothing anyone says can change that."

I never said I wanted to gain anything, I'm saying it as it is.

People say they milk AC or COD yet nobody will ever say anything about the multiple Mario games because it takes up most of the Nintendo libary.

Ok but why are you saying it? You're just stating the obvious, something everyone knows already. And plenty of people have pointed this out so your last paragraph is uber false. Oh, and nice alt account.

Do you guys think that Nintendo will have anything for January-March then? I could see Bayonetta 2 in march.

Account deleted ~ TruckOSaurus

They should release it April 8th.

Around the Network
Joza said:
When was the year year Xbox didnt have Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza release? 2003"

Both Xbox and PS3 have dozens of franchises to choose from, Nintendo has a few and thats it. has there ever been a year since the NES came out where a Mario game hasn't come out?

Umm last tile I checked nintendo has way more franchises than Sony and especially Microsoft. Outside the 4 u listed earlier, there is Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Goldrn Sun, Custom Robo, F-Zero, Kirby, Star Fox, Pikmin, Metroid, Earthbound, Extice Bike/Truck, Wii Sports/Fit/Play/Party/Music, Ice Climbers and many more. 

I agree that Mario is over used but the other companies do thr same thing too. Microsoft owns a ton of ips but there content to release Halo and Forza pretty much every year, I see no difference there or the fact that 3rd parties do the same thing as well with Call of Duty, Madden, Fifa, Just Dance, Assassins Creed all getting annual releases.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Can't wait. :/

It looks phenomenal. Will be worth the wait.

Jozu said:
"Fact is, the other companies have to create new ip's constantly cause they milk their franchises for 5 years and then nobody cares for it anymore."

No other people move on because they go for better things. Nintendo fans however just keep eating up the exact same stuff every year.

Nobody milks their franchises more than Nintendo, last year there was a Mario Tennis game, Olympics game, a Paper Mario ,a NSMB for the 3DS AND the Wii U.

I know, all different franchises. isn't it great that nintendo has dozens of them? this way they never get milked thanks to a couple of years between each game.

Joza said:
"So what exactly do you hope to gain by pointing this out? That people stop playing Nintendo games? Surely you understand people are gonna play whatever games they want to and nothing anyone says can change that."

I never said I wanted to gain anything, I'm saying it as it is.

People say they milk AC or COD yet nobody will ever say anything about the multiple Mario games because it takes up most of the Nintendo libary.

one 3d mario and one 2d mario for each console is milking, ok.

"Spring 2014". Said over and over again. April would seem to fit that.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.