By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Will Happen If My 3DS Breaks/Is Lost!? <(T_T<)

MDMAlliance said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Viper1 said:
You can re-download any game you've purchased.

Contact Nintendo if you can't re-establish your Nintendo account on a new 3DS.

How would you go about doing that in the first place, re-establishing your account on a new 3DS I mean?

There's a transfer software on the 3DS if you change 3DS'.  If you change SD cards, all you need to do is transfer the data from SD card to SD card. 

If your 3DS breaks or gets lost, as long as you have all the proper information/stuff, you will most likely be able to recover everything.  Having just the SD card wont be enough.  Eventually Nintendo is going to implement the integrated Nintendo Network ID stuff so you may have to wait some time before you can feel completely safe from bad news.  

Nintendo may be late to the party, but they are coming around.

When are they gonna do the Nintendo ID thing? That would certainly make me worry free!

@Viper1:
Guess I should get a Club Nintendo account then! And would writing the receipts down really work? Seems like anyone could do that, even if they didn't actually buy the game, but I never really looked at the receipts so maybe they have unique information on them only Nintendo can decipher.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
BasilZero said:
Isnt there an account or something to act as proof that you own the game and can redownload it?

I mean I'm sure people dont just buy the games digitally and then keep them there....or you can only download it once?

(Would like to know this as well since I am planning to get a 3DS soon).

You're asking me this lol?

You can download as many times as you want once purchased.

Ah ok o.O

And ya asking cause I dont have a 3DS and was wondering about this....hmm I guess I'll go full physical copy just in case....as I do with all my console/portable gaming lol.

Oh, you're right, I should know that lol. Well I don't think it does. Don't have to make an account or sign-in for anything like on Playstation Network or Xbox Live, but maybe that's cause they're consoles which usually have different peoples playing it. Basically idk. :L

@Mr.Khan:
Nah, even if I couldn't get my games back, I'd be able to move on with me life.

Ask Smeags, he should know.

And be careful with roller coasters, they're great at making 3DSs disappear.

Player2 said:

Ask Smeags, he should know.

And be careful with roller coasters, they're great at making 3DSs disappear.

I'm asking everyone n anyone, and don't worry I wont be going on any roller coasters for some time.

You link your eshop with your clubnintendo account, and it registers any downloaded games.
Then when you get your new 3DS you contact Nintendo and tell them and they will sort things out so you can access your downloaded games again.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Around the Network
Cleary397 said:
You link your eshop with your clubnintendo account, and it registers any downloaded games.
Then when you get your new 3DS you contact Nintendo and tell them and they will sort things out so you can access your downloaded games again.

I heard somewhere that it'll only register digital games right when they're bought, so if that's the case Club Nintendo wouldn't help me much at this point. Hopefully I heard wrong?

Einsam_Delphin said:

@Viper1:

Guess I should get a Club Nintendo account then! And would writing the receipts down really work? Seems like anyone could do that, even if they didn't actually buy the game, but I never really looked at the receipts so maybe they have unique information on them only Nintendo can decipher.

The recepts are very detailed.  A time stamp, transaction ID, Serial number, payment method, amount, zip code of the account and more.

Practically impossible for someone to guess the transaction ID number and serial number and have it perfectly match the time stamp.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Einsam_Delphin said:
Cleary397 said:

I heard somewhere that it'll only register digital games right when they're bought, so if that's the case Club Nintendo wouldn't help me much at this point. Hopefully I heard wrong?

No, you are not. Any games you downloaded before you connected your Club Nintendo Account to your 3DS won't be registered. I learned that 3 days ago T_T

Viper1 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

@Viper1:

The recepts are very detailed.  A time stamp, transaction ID, Serial number, payment method, amount, zip code of the account and more.

Practically impossible for someone to guess the transaction ID number and serial number and have it perfectly match the time stamp.

Ah I gotcha, but when does this Nintendo ID thing come out? If it's soon I don't think I need to write the receipts down.

KHlover said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Cleary397 said:

No, you are not. Any games you downloaded before you connected your Club Nintendo Account to your 3DS won't be registered. I learned that 3 days ago T_T

Bummer, so I guess getting a Club Nintendo account would be fruitless at this point. =[