By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best New IP Last Generation?

Best New IP?

Mass Effect 58 12.69%

Uncharted 121 26.48%

Gears of War 21 4.60%

The Last of Us 140 30.63%

Assassin's Creed 17 3.72%

LittleBigPlanet 17 3.72%

Bioshock 26 5.69%

Other 57 12.47%

Total:457

Gears of war
Lost Odyssey

Around the Network

Why isn't Valkyria Chronicles on this list? Furthermore and unless I'm mistaken, Mass Effect is the gen before...

SvennoJ said:
Demon/Dark souls.

Theres some XBL/PSN/indy games I could say but when it comes to "proper" games the Souls series is the only game to make me Play 200+(and counting) hours since the Smash Brothers games.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

My top three:

1. Mass Effect
  2. Gears of War
  3. Dragon Age

ryuzaki57 said:
Why isn't Valkyria Chronicles on this list? Furthermore and unless I'm mistaken, Mass Effect is the gen before...

You're mistaken, also I think the OP chose franchises that had 2 games over 90 on metacritic as a guide for his list.

Around the Network

1. Uncharted
2. LittleBigPlanet
3. The Last of Us
4. Bioshock

pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:
AndrewWK said:

When you say "very good" you mean "OK" right? Like in its a OK game but without the God of War license nobody would give a fuck.

No, I mean the game is very good. The best gameplay in a God of War title, the best graphics. Everything else is still decent to good.

"Best" gameplay? Well you sure as hell must have played a different God of War Ascension game then I did. 

In mine I had fill up some stupid meter to be able to make the same combos I did in God of War 3. I mean that was crazy  My whole gameplay was "hit hit dodge, hit hit doge, hit hit ahhh fuck" and again "hit hit dodge, hit hit doge" until I reached the trials of archimedes then it was all "dodge dodge dodge ahhh fuck, dodge hit dodge fuck"

Tell about this God of War you have played sounds mighty amazing 

You must've started out in God mode or something lol

The highest difficulty I play all God of War games on the highest difficulty, but thats not the point. The point is the changes they have are making the game worse then the 3rd which is one of my top 10 games of this gen. Yes change is a good thing but if the changes decrease the quality of a game then I say thanks but no thanks.

pezus said:
ryuzaki57 said:

What do you mean? Mass Effect 1 came out in 2007 on 360

Sorry I thought the first one had released on the 1st Xbox. I was indeed mistaken.

Besides, the girl in your sig, is that Alizée the French singer?

I vote Lost Odyssey

Wait.....not an option, well then It's a toss-up between Gears of War and Mass Effect for me. I think Mass Effect 3 had more potential, but they ended it poorly. The original Gears trilogy has a really interesting story, and it got me into third person shooters. Plus it helped characterize how a lot of shooters would play in the future. It make cover and horde mode popular, and I think overall it was an interesting game, with a solid ending.

So I vote Gears of War

---

Uncharted was good, but it's not really my genre. The Last of Us is my genre, and by the makers of Uncharted, but I have yet to play it . I don't think anything can top Lost Odyssey for me, it's a true turn based JRPG in a time where shooters dominate. Assassin's Creed started strong, but after AC2, I felt the plot just got washed out and plain.

---

Hey no option for Fallout? That would have been my #4, and I know a lot of people love it.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Mine is the Batman Arkham games, I loved the second one so much, I don't een know how many times I beat it.