By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's big RPG announcement

whew... that is a relief... I am really hoping for a New RPG IP... I love FF... but it would be nice to get the same enjoyment out of a new series.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

>And kingofwale, you nintendo hater, always twisting things against nintendo, stop it its getting annoying.

for someone who owns a DS and plays Wii, excuse me for not too excited about Sonic RPG. if you want to dispute what I say, go ahead, leave your personal insult in the noob forum.

Anyway, Thank GOD it looks like this isn't the title. When will the next issue come out?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

@kingofwale

for being a person who owns a Wii and DS you sure do hate on Nintendo alot...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

>for being a person who owns a Wii and DS you sure do hate on Nintendo alot...

I don't hate Nintendo, I just hate some of the games... namely Chicken Shoot. And I try to focus my attention on hating crappy games, than being a certain company's fanboy.

I think it's Kingdom Heart III announcement, it's about time.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:

I think Kingdom Hearts too.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network

The next edition, the one we're all waiting for, should be out soon, within a week or so I think.

Let's make this a running gag, ok? Everyone that says Sonic RPG is the big announcement gets five vg$!

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

OOOHHH thanks a lot Gamerace, I heard about the new RPG announcement and this was the first time I saw that issue to Nintendo Power, thanks for correcting, I was pretty let down myself, now I can cheer up haha, we all make mistakes I guess.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I still hate the way they hinted it, there's no way any game will live up to that hype.

As much as I love Kingdom Heart series, it's not an "Epic" RPG by any stretch.

selnor
Episode 2:
kingofwale said:
I still hate the way they hinted it, there's no way any game will live up to that hype.

As much as I love Kingdom Heart series, it's not an "Epic" RPG by any stretch.

I'm inclined to agree, but let's give them the benefit of the doubt.  

Most likely it's whatever Monolith Soft is working on (Nintendo bought them over expressly to make a new major JRPG for Wii)