By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One exec says Sony PS4 tech specs are "meaningless", games more important

Xbox One exec says Sony PS4 tech specs are "meaningless", games more important

Nintendo says the same, thats admiting they have inferior hardware..   yet Microsoft "games more important"   Sony's 1st party exclusives own Microsft in quantity and quality..    But even with an inferior hardware they forget mention they are the most expensive console starting at $500

I thinks is better to have a combination of both at a better price .       The Wii U is an expensive console for what it is at $350, its $50 short from a PS4.

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Not at all, you're just skirting your way around the truth.

We were never discussing who made the most new IPs nor is that how success is determined. That's is just some bullshit you crowbarred into the discussion.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Not at all, you're just skirting your way around the truth.

We were never discussing who made the most new IPs nor is that how success is determined. That's is just some bullshit you crowbarred into the discussion.

You and I seem to be at an impasse. I remember myself in the beginning saying games are Sonys forte and you refuting it by manipulating my post to be more convenient to your version of the truth. I bolstered my point by showing Sonys investment in new IP's and you're saying thats another discussion. 

Nice try, Pug Pug.

Mvp4eVa said:

Xbox One exec says Sony PS4 tech specs are "meaningless", games more important

Nintendo says the same, thats admiting they have inferior hardware..   yet Microsoft "games more important"   Sony's 1st party exclusives own Microsft in quantity and quality..    But even with an inferior hardware they forget mention they are the most expensive console starting at $500

I thinks is better to have a combination of both at a better price .       The Wii U is an expensive console for what it is at $350, its $50 short from a PS4.

That is a crazy six axis controller. Thank goodness the PS4 changed the triggers! Can't wait to see how they use the track pad as well.

lol, of course.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

You and I seem to be at an impasse. I remember myself in the beginning saying games are Sonys forte and you refuting it by manipulating my post to be more convenient to your version of the truth. I bolstered my point by showing Sonys investment in new IP's and you're saying thats another discussion. 

Nice try, Pug Pug.

Nah, I'm just having a good time with you. You on the other hand are desperate to win an argument.

Making lots of IPs doesn't make games Sony's forte. Great 3rd party support is Sony's forte, that pushes more hardware than Sony's 1st party games.

To the contrary, Nintendo's 1st party software has made their hardware a massive success. Games are their forte.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Nice try, Pug Pug.

Nah, I'm just having a good time with you. You on the other hand are desperate to win an argument.

Making lots of IPs doesn't make games Sony's forte. Great 3rd party support is Sony's forte, that pushes more hardware than Sony's 1st party games.

To the contrary, Nintendo's 1st party software has made their hardware a massive success. Games are their forte.

I think you're referring to Sonys PS1 and PS2 and failing to differentiate how they've grown as a first party brand in their third generation even though their first party was always good. Bias sucks, pug pug. Bias isn't your strong suit. Go have your Kibble.  Move along now.

Sony devs are considered amongst the top devs this gen.

Well...that and Sony has more highly rated exclusives than MS. Heh...yeah.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I think you're referring to Sonys PS1 and PS2 and failing to differentiate how they've grown as a first party brand in their third generation even though their first party was always good. Bias sucks, pug pug. Bias isn't your strong suit. Go have your Kibble.  Move along now.

Sony devs are considered amongst the top devs this gen.

Well...that and Sony has more highly rated exclusives than MS. Heh...yeah.

PS1... PS2... PSP... PS3... and Vita. Sony relies more on on 3rd parties to push their hardware than 1st party. Which is fine and is why I say great 3rd party support is Sony's forte.

Sony's devs are considered amongst the top. I know this because Sony fans keep telling me this.

Review scores often don't translate to top sales. Critics don't reflect all of consumers interest.

Recently Completed

Unfortunately, in this generation of retarded 12 years old "gamers", many people will be buying for the specs and da pwetty graffixx. 

If he thinks specification doesnt matter why are MS being so secretive about it. Also if spec doesnt matter why are the spreading so much FUD about cloud making there console 40x more powerful.

When 90% of games are multi platform, of course specs matter, no one wants to be playing the gimped version, especially when theyve had to pay more for the console.