By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

That's awesome the Dead Space remake won't require Origin! Idk why EA doesn't do that for every game they have on Steam. Apex Legends doesn't even need Origin. That requirement is what's stopping me from getting the Mass Effect: Legendary Edition still holding out hope that they'll eventually drop that requirement.

The thing that irks me, is that EA is actually being smart about this, but the rest of the other clients aren't.

Ubi is still pushing for users on PC to sub to their client and use their network, despite the fact that it is still smaller than Steam, still less used than Steam, and then you have Epic trying to get devs to enforce "crossplay", which in turn has a good chunk of games on Steam enforcing stupid online requirements for that crossplay to even perform it's function, and in some mistaken cases, require an EG account to run.

I just wish every other client got the memo and stopped trying to enforce and just let us buy what we want, without having to make multiple accounts for data gathering purposes (because that's all it ends up being at the end of the day).

Sony making PSN sign ins optional is an alright start, but I really hope they do not eventually reach that path, where they will start enforcing it, or worse, create their own "launcher" that will attach itself to Steam and require it to be installed, just to launch games on Steam (much like Ubisoft and R* and even 2k require now). 

We shouldn't need extra launchers from a publisher within an existing client, those pubs should know that race was over and done with 10+ years ago. Steam isn't going anywhere, stop trying to move us to a smaller, more inferior garden, that offers next to no benefits for being herded into them. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Valve re-uploaded the video but instead of including Yuzu, they switched it out with Portal 2

Nintendo lawyers ain't having any of that

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

Yep. With the economy fears and the energy prices we have right now, it's not the best time to renew your systems. Even more so if the new hardware is more expensive and also uses more power.

That may be one of the many reasons Zen4 isn't selling as well, and also why it will be interesting to see how many Ada cards does Nvidia sell at those prices.

I think one of the main differences is Nvidia is purposefully making the 4080s essentially unsellable in order to get Ampere stock cleared while Zen 4/Raptor Lake are serious launches. Once Ampere stock clears out, I think we will see the real prices of the 4080s which I think will be after AMD shows the prices of their RDNA 3 cards. Of course the worst part would be since both Nvidia and AMD are down in the stock market while TSMC is charging them a hefty price, they may both just try and enjoy the markups but hopefully not.

Considering some rumors about the stocks of NVidia and the state of the second hand market, this could take until the end of next year before Ampere stocks are finally out.

And if AMD could manage to undercut NVidia by a more substantial amount, this could get even worse for them.

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

Valve re-uploaded the video but instead of including Yuzu, they switched it out with Portal 2

People in the twitter just scared Valve off in October, Nintendo doesn't sue Valve over Switch emulation anyway lmao

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I think one of the main differences is Nvidia is purposefully making the 4080s essentially unsellable in order to get Ampere stock cleared while Zen 4/Raptor Lake are serious launches. Once Ampere stock clears out, I think we will see the real prices of the 4080s which I think will be after AMD shows the prices of their RDNA 3 cards. Of course the worst part would be since both Nvidia and AMD are down in the stock market while TSMC is charging them a hefty price, they may both just try and enjoy the markups but hopefully not.

Considering some rumors about the stocks of NVidia and the state of the second hand market, this could take until the end of next year before Ampere stocks are finally out.

And if AMD could manage to undercut NVidia by a more substantial amount, this could get even worse for them.

Yea we will have to see. The main thing about Nvidia is they don't like to sit around and take the L. They will respond if they see something that can hamper their leadership. They won't ever undercut AMD cause they know people will chose them due to their feature leadership that AMD won't be able to catch up to so they have 10-20% pricing above AMD leeway based on what we have seen with Ampere.

And AMD isn't exactly a charity either these days. With their Guidance being down by $1 billion (Nvidia has also lowered their guidance this year by a lot), the investors won't be too happy if AMD massively undercuts Nvidia as well. So most likely, AMD will see Nvidia's prices and maybe lower by 10-20% even if they could potentially go down by 30-40% below Nvidia thanks to their chiplet design.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Attention, guys. This could be of interest to some of you:

2K Games and Rockstar Hacked, Malware Sent to Gamers
https://www.techpowerup.com/299646/2k-games-and-rockstar-hacked-malware-sent-to-gamers
Late September, the customer support system of 2K Games and Rockstar Games was hacked according to the game studio. Both studios are owned by Take-Two Interactive. This support desk had access to every gamer registered with 2K, and so the hacker was able to use the vast mailing list to send out malware to gamers, which could steal credentials and compromise their security. 2K discovered this hack, and is sending out e-mails to gamers warning them about the incident, to apprise them of what it's doing, and to help them avoid this malware. 2K Games in the e-mail to gamers said that it's working with Law Enforcement to identify and bring to justice the people behind this hack. In the meantime, they warned gamers not to click on unknown links in e-mails and to use reputable antivirus programs.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Eventually companies will continue to discover that letting Steam handle being the launcher for 30% will be less costly than them managing their own launcher with security holes and other shat.

Captain_Yuri said:

Eventually companies will continue to discover that letting Steam handle being the launcher for 30% will be less costly than them managing their own launcher with security holes and other shat.

This is precisely why I dislike using other launchers within an existing client, because often than not, those companies hardly bother with higher security values, they often care more for data harvesting so they can boast about that shit on twitter (like "look at how many players killed X enemy/completed Y missions).

I would love nothing more than for this to reach court case status, so R* and 2k can drop their shitty launchers (ubisoft included) and just go back to what works: Steam, or hell, better yet, GoG.

I shouldn't have to change passwords and sort out scams via my email inbox, because a multi million dollar company is incredibly lazy and selfish as fuck to not care about customer security. 

I do find it funny though, how R* went so damn hard to find that minor who leaked GTA VI shit, but they aren't going well out of their way to find the hackers who constantly compromise their security for their client/launchers. I find that the minor who leaked GTA VI is less damaging than millions of accounts being fucked over, personal bank accounts and social details included (which could lose you millions more if a court case was ever taken up, because the EU *will* side with the consumer in that fight). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"