By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Captain_Yuri said:

Idk about yall but it always annoys the fuck out of me when SE (or anyone else) that has full caps on with their game titles in Steam.

Like is this really necessary?

Sometime they wanted do that from the fancy drawn titles.

>when SE (or anyone else)

STAR WARS, The Ultimate DOOM, Final DOOM, Masters Levels for DOOM II, DOOM 64, DOOM Eternal, POSTAL, DEATHLOOP, LIMBO, MURI, THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: Remake. Oh and with the dots: F.E.A.R. and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Around the Network

Just tried to file a refund for Killing Floor 2, because I tried to play it in offline mode (my net is sketchy atm), and it wouldn't allow me to thanks to EoS...

Turns out I'm denied the refund because I was past the two week limit, and this is the first time of me hearing this, because I had always thought that it was a 2hr time limit max for egtting a refund.

So now I'm sorta pissed that I cannot play a game I bought yrs ago, thanks to another company interjecting itself and saying I cannot play the game the way I want when I want, because they fobbed off the platform I played on yrs ago and come back now to fuck up my backlog with their shitty "crossplay" service.

I really don't care about what sort of excuse as to why it's allowed to exist on something I previously paid for, but I fucking hate how Epic is just weeding it's way into shit I own and fucking me about, telling me what I can/cannot do with my games. I really wish devs would stop using EoS and going back to cram it into their games. I tried to mod it for KF2 like I did with Dying Light, but it didn't work out the same way for KF2 like it did DL1, so now I'm fucked. 

Also I'm irked that Steam's refund system is like this, because 2 hrs isn't always enough time to find a game with broken bugs, and 2 weeks eliminates the 2hr time limit, meaning you can't get a refund even if you found bugs or the game breaks itself within the 3-10hr time limit. Again, the changes to the refund system since it's inception feel targeted towards retards trying to scam for a free gameplay session and devs who don't want to part with their money. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I'm sorry you've had to find about the 2 weeks limit this way, but both this and the 2 hour limit have been in place for yeats now. I'm not sure if they were implemented at the same time, but it wouldn't surprise me.

And both play the same function: to help you fix a mistake. In the case of the 2 weeks limit, the mistake is an impulse purchase that you may regret.

Now, when it comes to the 2 hours play limit, I completely agree with you that it's far from enough. Imagine judging a game like Mass Effect only by the first two hours. Ridiculous! The proper game doesn't even begin until way after that.

But the problem is that there are games that are extremely short, and with more than two hours there are several of those short games that can be completed. And we know that there are a lot of scumbags that will abuse the system if given the chance. And having different time limits would not only cause confusion, but also more troubles. How many times we've seen devs stating that their game lasts "between 10-12 hours if you only go for the story and up to 30 with all side quests, etc", only to find that some people can finish it in half that time if not even less while others take twice as much?

It sucks, but it's far from a simple situation for any store.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

It's just super annoying that I now have a game in my library that used to be able to play offline no problemo, but now it can never be played offline, because Epic wants to enforce crossplay that I never once asked for.

This is like the time MS was begging Sony for Crossplay, but because Sony was winning and had more users, they said no half the time. Now Epic is trying to do the same to siphon off of Steam, only I'm paying the price for it by having games I can no longer play offline. I feel like the devs and Epic are punishing me for this stupid shit and it's just making gaming more of on off putting hobby each year now.

I just wanna buy and play the games the way I want. I already accept games like WoW need an always online connection, but never for games that previously supported and allowed for offline play. There was nothing in Tripwire's EULA that stated "at some point in the future, we will turn KF2 into an always online absed game".

ppl are going around touting Epic as some saviour of gaming, when all it's doing is fucking me over, and then those fanboys just shrug at me getting screwed over =/.

Last edited by Chazore - on 18 June 2022

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:

It's just super annoying that I now have a game in my library that used to be able to play offline no problemo, but now it can never be played offline, because Epic wants to enforce crossplay that I never once asked for.

This is like the time MS was begging Sony for Crossplay, but because Sony was winning and had more users, they said no half the time. Now Epic is trying to do the same to siphon off of Steam, only I'm paying the price for it by having games I can no longer play offline. I feel like the devs and Epic are punishing me for this stupid shit and it's just making gaming more of on off putting hobby each year now.

I just wanna buy and play the games the way I want. I already accept games like WoW need an always online connection, but never for games that previously supported and allowed for offline play. There was nothing in Tripwire's EULA that stated "at some point in the future, we will turn KF2 into an always online absed game".

ppl are going around touting Epic as some saviour of gaming, when all it's doing is fucking me over, and then those fanboys just shrug at me getting screwed over =/.

How would you raid in wow without a online connection? sent 20 letters via the postoffice?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

How would you raid in wow without a online connection? sent 20 letters via the postoffice?

Organise the raid via myspace of course

I don't get it. Why has Fanatical fucked it up?

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

Ace Attorney is a CAPCOM IP.

Conina said:
JEMC said:

Ace Attorney is a CAPCOM IP.

Oh, that! I didn't notice it.

Thank you.