By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

Zarx changed his avatar again. Thoughts?

Noice 248 61.39%

So soon? I just got used to the last one 14 3.47%

it sucks 22 5.45%

Your cropping skills are lacking 13 3.22%

Too noisy, can't tell WTF it even is 14 3.47%

Meh 32 7.92%

Total:343
green_sky said:

The more Intel delays their GPU launch. The more their 3070 Ti card equivalent becomes a 4060 Ti competitor.

In other news, the stonk and crypto market recently though. All that money printed, inflation in the name of saving stock market. Most have hit pre pandemic levels.

If the GPU prices normalize before Intel's Arc actually comes out, then I think Intel will be in big trouble against Ampere/RDNA2 let alone Lovelace/RDNA3. Since Intel is going with TSMC's 6nm while only managing to keep up with a 3070 Ti, Nvidia can always aggressively price down Ampere since Samsung's 8nm is much cheaper to produce. If priced the same, I highly doubt most people will choose Intel of Nvidia and realistically, the reason Intel's Arc would have been a success is because of the shortage. Take away the GPU shortage and what would be the reason to choose Intel over Nvidia?

But then again, it might be too soon to get our hopes up for a scenario like that lol.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
green_sky said:

The more Intel delays their GPU launch. The more their 3070 Ti card equivalent becomes a 4060 Ti competitor.

In other news, the stonk and crypto market recently though. All that money printed, inflation in the name of saving stock market. Most have hit pre pandemic levels.

If the GPU prices normalize before Intel's Arc actually comes out, then I think Intel will be in big trouble against Ampere/RDNA2 let alone Lovelace/RDNA3. Since Intel is going with TSMC's 6nm while only managing to keep up with a 3070 Ti, Nvidia can always aggressively price down Ampere since Samsung's 8nm is much cheaper to produce. If priced the same, I highly doubt most people will choose Intel of Nvidia and realistically, the reason Intel's Arc would have been a success is because of the shortage. Take away the GPU shortage and what would be the reason to choose Intel over Nvidia?

But then again, it might be too soon to get our hopes up for a scenario like that lol.

If that were the case, they wouldn't rise the price of their RTX 3xxx series in Europe, yet that's what they're doing.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

If that were the case, they wouldn't rise the price of their RTX 3xxx series in Europe, yet that's what they're doing.

Well that's because of the on going GPU market  situation. Nvidia mainly just wants more money hence the price increase but if the GPU situation normalized and Intel comes out with something competitive, then Nvidia should be able to lower their prices to match. Realistically, TSMC is still the more expensive option.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

Well that's because of the on going GPU market  situation. Nvidia mainly just wants more money hence the price increase but if the GPU situation normalized and Intel comes out with something competitive, then Nvidia should be able to lower their prices to match. Realistically, TSMC is still the more expensive option.

But if Nvidia wants more money, why not a global price hike instead of doing it just for Europe?

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

But if Nvidia wants more money, why not a global price hike instead of doing it just for Europe?

Idk, someone at Nvidia doesn't like Europeans?

Around the Network

Yeah, it's a hate crime.

Stop Saying This (There are no bad products, only bad prices)

Everything I read a comment with that nonsense, I cringe. We have seen many products that starts fires for example and they are telling me that those aren't bad products? I wouldn't even have those if they paid me. GN video has a ton more examples.

Yea bizzaro world. Buying multiple gpus to make a few dollars a day.

Just buy the stock you shit coin miners. https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/NVDA/

Stock is down 27% in last month. Nvidia has lost $200 billion in market cap. Funny thing is now that everything is on sale in stock market. No one has money to buy them except hedge funds. Maybe eventually gpus become the same. They drop in price and demand is lower too. Maybe just maybe.

More good news with Crypto finally crashing.. large improvements in substrate capacities by mid 2022. We can finally see a lot more GPU's shipments this year. WCCFTech.

"On the supply side, improving ABF substrate shortages will allow smooth shipments of new graphics cards starting after February, the sources noted. ABF substrate shortages are expected to be greatly reduced after mid-2022, which will further boost the overall graphics card shipments this year, the sources said."

https://www.digitimes.com/news/a20220124PD205.html

hinch said:

More good news with Crypto finally crashing.. large improvements in substrate capacities by mid 2022. We can finally see a lot more GPU's shipments this year. WCCFTech.

"On the supply side, improving ABF substrate shortages will allow smooth shipments of new graphics cards starting after February, the sources noted. ABF substrate shortages are expected to be greatly reduced after mid-2022, which will further boost the overall graphics card shipments this year, the sources said."

https://www.digitimes.com/news/a20220124PD205.html

Just in time for Lovelace/RDNA 3. Hopefully Nvidia does implements LHR from the beginning and a more aggressive LHR as well. It really shows it's benefits with lower tier GPUs where the hashrate is generally low and cutting it even lower typically results in them being unprofitable. The problem is, by the time LHR actually got implemented with Ampere, it was already too late.