By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

Zarx changed his avatar again. Thoughts?

Noice 248 61.39%

So soon? I just got used to the last one 14 3.47%

it sucks 22 5.45%

Your cropping skills are lacking 13 3.22%

Too noisy, can't tell WTF it even is 14 3.47%

Meh 32 7.92%

Total:343
zero129 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

One of the reasons why I like Guardians of the Galaxy. No microtransactions or any of thst nonsense. Just a solid single player game.

Too bad Halo Infinite has such a shitty battlepass system. Leave it up to 343 to goof up such a simple formula.

In all fairness GotG is a paid game. Halo multi player is f2p (Still got a shitty battlepass for people who is into cosmatics) and plays great without the cosmatics since imo Halo was never about that in the first place so since i never had that shit in older Halo games i can just play it as i always have with my default set of armor and still feel like im losing no enjoyment from not having a bunny helmet xD.

Yea but they should do it XP based like everyone else. Call of Duty Warzone is also f2p and the battlepass is XP based.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Chazore said:

Nick?, I'm confuzzled.

Your nickname, the name you've decided to use instead of, for example, Chazore.

But don't worry, my curiosity about that has already faded.

oooh, you mean on Steam?.

That's my general name I've been using since 2017 outside of this forum. Chazore is basically my real name, based from some Dragon name translator. 

Doko is the short form of Dokolus. It's a handle I plan to use for when I get back to drawing. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

JEMC said:

Gonna be honest, a lot of that stuff in the bottom pic is why I buy less and less AAA games. I've been less interested in PVP games, hence why I'm not bothering with Halo Infinite's F2P mode, and the BP really helps in further putting me off that portion of the game. 

With it's co-op also delayed, I'm probably just going to wait it out until Halo Infinite SP goes on sale in the future. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
JEMC said:

Gonna be honest, a lot of that stuff in the bottom pic is why I buy less and less AAA games. I've been less interested in PVP games, hence why I'm not bothering with Halo Infinite's F2P mode, and the BP really helps in further putting me off that portion of the game. 

With it's co-op also delayed, I'm probably just going to wait it out until Halo Infinite SP goes on sale in the future. 

You do know you can play Halo as you always have since Halo first came out and not worry about the cosmetics or the battlepass right?. I mean thats exactly what i have been doing and i think its why i been enjoying it a lot more then some of the people who care about skins. I dont know maybe im just old school but as long as a game doesnt give an advantage to battlepass holders and its just skins etc i dont care.

zero129 said:

You do know you can play Halo as you always have since Halo first came out and not worry about the cosmetics or the battlepass right?. I mean thats exactly what i have been doing and i think its why i been enjoying it a lot more then some of the people who care about skins. I dont know maybe im just old school but as long as a game doesnt give an advantage to battlepass holders and its just skins etc i dont care.

Well you know I'm not really into PVP these days, from my post quoted, but I'm also not fond of BP systems, because of the way they are designed (with FOMO in mind).

I'll probably still grab Halo SP, but at a much later date.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
JEMC said:

The original one, with Netflix and then all the streaming sites makes sense because they're all subscription based. That one about the different game stores, which lack the Windows Store (understandable) and GOG, is far from being at the same level. It's more like a nuisance than a problem, and it mostly affects nitpicky people, at least in my opinion.

I mean, it makes sense for GOG to be there since it's the store that goes against all this bullcrap to begin with. It's the only one where you buy a game, download it, and that's it. No need for a launcher, you can just play it and own it forever. I've seen a few Steam games that work this way and it's a godsend, but GOG is the only place where you know for sure it's always like that.

Never mind all the other stores. It's like buying a license to play something.

I agree with all you say. Still, the comic talks about going from one, central, store to have lots of them and the problems (if they can be called that) it brings. And that first store was Steam, with GOG coming five years later and then all the others.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
mZuzek said:

I mean, it makes sense for GOG to be there since it's the store that goes against all this bullcrap to begin with. It's the only one where you buy a game, download it, and that's it. No need for a launcher, you can just play it and own it forever. I've seen a few Steam games that work this way and it's a godsend, but GOG is the only place where you know for sure it's always like that.

Never mind all the other stores. It's like buying a license to play something.

I agree with all you say. Still, the comic talks about going from one, central, store to have lots of them and the problems (if they can be called that) it brings. And that first store was Steam, with GOG coming five years later and then all the others.

I think it shows those because those are the ones that created the problem, which is needing to have multiple accounts for multiple stores that require specific launchers and internet connection just to start playing a game that is exclusive to them. GOG never required the launcher or online connection, and there is very little on it that isn't also on Steam, so it's just an extra option.

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!
my top 50 games

I cant wait for the joanna dark armor for 50$ oh the meltdowns

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

I cant wait for the joanna dark armor for 50$ oh the meltdowns

Me and you need to be drinking when that happens xD

Too much complaining these days. Yes, the battlepass progression thing is slow. Atleast kids don't have to beg their parents for xbone plus game plus xbox live. Download off steam or their old xbox and shooty.

Cosmetics do tend to target people with fomo and anxiety. Well they have bigger issues irl than game doing that. I had like 400 unopened lootboxes just sitting in Overwatch. Who cares how you look if you are having fun. If you are not having fun, no amount of cosmetics is going to do that. (I think around $1600 to max the season pass battle thing they have in Halo if you want to just buy)

TLDR: These new systems are not perfect but they are lot better than old days. Although with their own little annoying nuisances.

Last edited by green_sky - on 26 November 2021