By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

Zarx changed his avatar again. Thoughts?

Noice 248 61.39%

So soon? I just got used to the last one 14 3.47%

it sucks 22 5.45%

Your cropping skills are lacking 13 3.22%

Too noisy, can't tell WTF it even is 14 3.47%

Meh 32 7.92%

Total:343

Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio hands-on: one weird, powerful computer

https://www.theverge.com/22686706/microsoft-surface-studio-laptop-design-specs-photos-hands-on

While I would have liked some AMD offerings as far as CPUs go and at least a 3060 instead of a 3050 Ti, for a 14.4 inch hybrid, it is interesting. Of course, it will cost an arm and a leg but least you get 120hz screen, Thunderbolt 4 and Microsoft's interesting engineering.

Vulkan Ray Tracing is now available to AMD Pre-RDNA2 GPUs through Linux Mesa software implementation

https://videocardz.com/newz/vulkan-ray-tracing-is-now-available-to-amd-pre-rdna2-gpus-through-linux-mesa-software-implementation

Now 480 owners too can experience the wonders of ray tracing at 1 frame per hour

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Thursday news, part two:

'Who knows what the future holds' for Titanfall, say people who know what the future holds for Titanfall
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/titanfall-3-still-doesnt-exist/
On a recent stream, Respawn Entertainment community coordinator Jason Garza responded to a community member's request for an update on the Titanfall series. "There's nothing there," he said.

Annoys me that EA always seemingly sitting on good IP's and doing nothing with them for 5+ years. It took them years to figure out people wanted sequels to big franchises like ME and Dead Space. But instead they release the same old stuff YoY and/or trying to cash in on FOTM games - with mostly disappointing results.

hinch said:
JEMC said:

Thursday news, part two:

'Who knows what the future holds' for Titanfall, say people who know what the future holds for Titanfall
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/titanfall-3-still-doesnt-exist/
On a recent stream, Respawn Entertainment community coordinator Jason Garza responded to a community member's request for an update on the Titanfall series. "There's nothing there," he said.

Annoys me that EA always seemingly sitting on good IP's and doing nothing with them for 5+ years. It took them years to figure out people wanted sequels to big franchises like ME and Dead Space. But instead they release the same old stuff YoY and/or trying to cash in on FOTM games - with mostly disappointing results.

Truth be told, the Titanfall games sold ok but not great, and EA was always after the next blockbuster like most publishers. Things seem to have relaxed a bit as of late, thankfully.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Its still a good series and did have a solid userbase. The real boneheaded decision was them releasing TF 2 in the same time frame as Battlefield and Call of Duty xP Sad because the second game was one of the best singleplayer FPS experiences I've had in a long long time.

But yeah, just dislike the decision to go for more live multiplayer games when there's an obvious want for singleplayer games that aren't the staple franchises. And idd they're improving and actually listening to what people want.  With ME remaster recently released, DS coming and more in the upcoming years, there's reason to be excited for EA games outside of games like Battlefield.

Last edited by hinch - on 23 September 2021

They're always chasing the new trends. Sometimes it works (Apex), other times they fail miserably (Anthem).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
hinch said:

Its still a good series and did have a solid userbase. The real boneheaded decision was them releasing TF 2 in the same time frame as Battlefield and Call of Duty xP Sad because the second game was one of the best singleplayer FPS experiences I've had in a long long time.

But yeah, just dislike the decision to go for more live multiplayer games when there's an obvious want for singleplayer games that aren't the staple franchises. And idd they're improving and actually listening to what people want.  With ME remaster recently released, DS coming and more in the upcoming years, there's reason to be excited for EA games outside of games like Battlefield.

EA wanted that to happen, because it ended up killing two birds with one stone, by using TF2 as a shield against CoD to allow BF1 to look better, and for another to further weaken Respawn's standing, allowing EA to buy them out with ease. It was a terrible idea and I still hate them for pulling such a stunt.

I still believe TF2's SP campaign was one of the best FPS campaigns I've played in well over a decade. I just want more Titanfall SP, heck open world even.

That what you get when you just have bean counters making decisions. Iirc there was a lot of marketing deals for it done already so the date couldn't be adjusted when BF1 was delayed - well that's the official story. In reality it was probably like you said they sent TF 2 to die.. which is a crying shame because it was a solid game and series.

And what they got out of that was them owning Respawn and Apex Legends >_>

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

im a degenerate most of the time i got those apps already installed hehe

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

hinch said:

That what you get when you just have bean counters making decisions. Iirc there was a lot of marketing deals for it done already so the date couldn't be adjusted when BF1 was delayed - well that's the official story. In reality it was probably like you said they sent TF 2 to die.. which is a crying shame because it was a solid game and series.

And what they got out of that was them owning Respawn and Apex Legends >_>

Exactly, it was almost a fool proof strategy if anything. By weakening their partner, they were able to absorb them into their own company (much like Activision has been doing with Blizz over the years, to a point where it has driven out all founding fathers, effectively making Blizz a full part of Activision).

I want the old guard removed (bean counters), but sadly new ones are born every year, that grow up with the same old tactics, so me hoping for that to change isn't likely to happen.