By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

You both realize that you're talking about the same SE that launched that mess called NieR Automata on PC and did nothing to fix it during 4 years until they launched the game on GamePass, right?

And you expect to fix something in less than a month?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Yea but that's kind of the point. For quite a while, SE had decent enough ports where we didn't need immediate patches to fix them. With FFVIIR, we are back to the Nier Automata days where the port is so shat that it may as well be unplayable by default. Of course, thanks to modders, we can go to the PC gaming wiki and fix it ourselves pretty easily in less than 5 minutes which in itself is pretty sad when you think about it.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Yea but that's kind of the point. For quite a while, SE had decent enough ports where we didn't need immediate patches to fix them. With FFVIIR, we are back to the Nier Automata days where the port is so shat that it may as well be unplayable by default. Of course, thanks to modders, we can go to the PC gaming wiki and fix it ourselves pretty easily in less than 5 minutes which in itself is pretty sad when you think about it.

You know i both love and hate that we have PCGamingWiki.

Love it because it's a database full of wonderful fixes and tutorials on how to improve/fix games.

Hate it because I always resort to looking at it for virtually every big game that comes out on PC, because I've practically lost all faith in AAA not fucking up PC ports these days. 

It's a great site, but I shouldn't have this train of thought if AAA pubs weren't this bad at doing their job.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

You know i both love and hate that we have PCGamingWiki.

Love it because it's a database full of wonderful fixes and tutorials on how to improve/fix games.

Hate it because I always resort to looking at it for virtually every big game that comes out on PC, because I've practically lost all faith in AAA not fucking up PC ports these days. 

It's a great site, but I shouldn't have this train of thought if AAA pubs weren't this bad at doing their job.

Yea it's very rare that I have to go there but when I do, I put the publisher into the walk of shame list. But I suppose, that's every publisher at this point.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

BasilZero said:

But its still weird how SE does releases.

-They delist The Last Remnant on Steam and release the remaster on Playstation/Switch
-They release Chrono Trigger exclusively to PC
-They release the FF Pixel remasters exclusively to PC
-They release Dragon Quest 1, 2 and 3 remakes exclusively to Switch
-They release FFVII Remake exclusively to Playstation console wise and EGS exclusive on PC
-They release Babylon's Fall and Forspoken multiplat across console and PC
-They release Secret of Mana on Playstation and PC but not Switch
-They released Star Ocean First Departure on Playstation and Switch but not PC
-They release Dragon Quest Builders 1 and 2 on Playstation/Switch but only 2 on PC
-They release FFXV Pocket Edition on consoles and PC only on Windows Store.
-They release Kingdom Hearts collection on PS/Xbox normally, Cloud on Switch and EGS Exclusive on PC.

Wish they were more consistent lol.

They likely have a few bean counters advising them on making these choices, but for some reason they come off to us as illogical, but probably make sense to them.

I personally don't think it's good nor consistent for them to just pick and choose what to release, where and when, because we end up hearing of SE being "disappointed" in some game IP sales over the years, and there's us wondering why the hell they haven't thought of the insanely smart idea of just releasing their games on as many platforms/storefronts as possible. 

We know they aren't a mom & pop company, they can most definitely afford to release everywhere they can, and I know they have people who can project what returns they could make, but I still like to think that reaching as many people as possible can both earn you a good rep and long-term customers, and eventually good money down the line, vs a selected audience that can be loyal to you, but in turn you're not netting many new customers over the years, because you've chosen to limit your scope to the same audience on the same platform for years. 

We've seen Sony being able to release on multiple storefronts at the same time, even for a dev like Kojima, it was possible to release DS on EGS/Steam, SE can afford to release the Pixel remasters everywhere else, even the consoles at the same time. I just think that the people calling the shots at SE are just short sighted or too old to understand modern marketing.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

*Sad GTX 1070 owner noises*

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

Everyone with that 1000 series cards had or have fond memories of them. With 3000 it is either nervous sigh of relief for getting them or fomo. 

Never cry in 1070. Was such a good time. Walk into a store and buy or heck even discounts on them. Could even compare which version of card you want. 

The joy of 1070. 

green_sky said:
JEMC said:

Everyone with that 1000 series cards had or have fond memories of them. With 3000 it is either nervous sigh of relief for getting them or fomo. 

Never cry in 1070. Was such a good time. Walk into a store and buy or heck even discounts on them. Could even compare which version of card you want. 

The joy of 1070. 

Oh, I'm quite happy with it. 5 years old and still perfectly fine for the games I have.

But it hurts seeing it at the bottom of most charts in new GPU or even game reviews, and that's if they bother to include it.