By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

hinch said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I really hope it doesn't just have 341 zones or something and instead have a lot more. I wish Samsung made an Ultrawide with their mini-LED tech. With the current mini-LED monitors like the Asus one, they have black crush problems which is very urghh worthy. But Samsung somehow managed to make their Neo G9 not have any black crush issues and such but 49 inch is a tad too big.

I am tempted to jump the gun with the monitors we have now but man, it feels like I should wait until next year before getting a monitor upgrade.

Yeah its a little disappointing and will no doubt show some level of blooming that we won't see (as much) as with some of the high end monitors have with a lot more dimming zones. Especially considering its a 34" ultrawide. At the same time, if the price is right hopefully we can get more reasonably priced FALD monitors. And this will no doubt be a huge step up from regular LCD monitors. Next year I'm guessing we're going to have a lot more mini-LEDs coming though with more premium manufacturers like ASUS/Samsung offering the very best. I'd love to see what LG could do as well should they jump on the bandwagon.

But yeah it does seem like new tech is breaking out in the PC space with new technologies and even TV's with OLEDs getting smaller too it might be worth considering that too xP I'd say if you are happy with what you have now there's no harm in waiting. May be worth going into Best Buy and checking out something like Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 and see if its worth the wait or investment.

Yea it's not that I am happy per say but rather I don't have a monitor that really speaks to me just yet. My alienware monitor is good for my PC but it's terrible for consoles and I don't really want to get OLED anymore since Samsung proved that Mini-LED can get pretty close to OLED without having those burn in issues. Grr yea I think I'll just have to wait until next year. Once a Mini-LED PC monitor that comes out that has similar quality to Samsung, it would probably be the monitor that will last a long time.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
EricHiggin said:

If AMD were to have Zen 3D from the 5600X and up, or even just the 5800X and up, I don't see any prices changing much. I'd assume they'll use the 2017/2018 Intel, as well as GPU market excuse of, 'we have the halo performance parts and therefore the crown so you can pay more for the entire line up, regardless of mid and low tier performance, period'.

Even if AMD only has the 5900X and 5950X as Zen 3D, I don't personally see them lowering the mid tier prices much. Either that or they'll drop mid tier prices so they're borderline acceptable, then they'll add another $100 to the those 3D parts assuming they take the crown back overall. Just offset the mid tier losses by increasing top tier pricing. Intel got away with murder when it came to insane top tier pricing, so little reason why AMD can't either.

I think they will drop the 5600x/5800x by a good amount tbh. If they have a 5600X/5800X with V-cache, they should still drop the regular 5600x/5800x by a pretty good margin. Micro-Center and some other retailers are already giving pretty deep discounts for 5800X. You can get a 5800X for only $300 for example which is the price of a 5600X:

https://www.microcenter.com/product/630284/amd-ryzen-7-5800x-vermeer-38ghz-8-core-am4-boxed-processor-heatsink-not-included

I don't think AMD can go Intels route of not dropping prices even if their Halo products end up being faster. The only reason the 5600X/5800X didn't get a price drop until now is because the 5600X was still faster than a 11600K and same for 5800X vs i7. But now that an i5 12600K can beat AMD's entire lineup, we are already seeing those much needed discounts come in. And if Vcache doesn't come down to mid tier CPUs, then the 5600X/5800X will still get discounted because otherwise, there is little to no reason to get either of them over an i5 12600K/12600/12400 let alone the i7. Intel gives you a better platform and better performance.

Depends on whether AMD will stop with the old SKU's once they have a 3D version. That could also explain the cost reductions. Even if it were only 3D from 5800X up, I wouldn't be surprised if AMD kept the 5600X price high-ish to try and upsell the 3D 5800X. Though they could in that case make the 5600X extremely competitive while considerably increasing prices on all 3D SKU's assuming they retake the lead in their performance range, even if that were only or mostly for gaming.

Also depends a lot on whether or not AMD thinks they can hold the crown overall in general going forward. Even if Intel takes it back for a few months every year, or remains closely competitive in the mid range more so, if AMD is confident they can always take it back soon after, especially in the top tiers, then there's not near as much reason to be as competitive with pricing across the board. In this case I'd definitely think AMD would push the top tier pricing up as high as they can get away with, though I still don't think they would go for price parity or undercut Intel in the mid range. That makes AMD look weak and makes them less money. I'd guess they'd keep expecting a premium at every tier, though more of a premium as you move up the stack. I agree, at this point, AMD can't get away with the insane prices Intel once had, but they should still be able to get away with more than they are now, assuming their performance leadership continues. If AMD thinks their goose is cooked, then yes, all prices will come down now and when Zen 3D launches.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 07 November 2021

Captain_Yuri said:
hinch said:

Yeah its a little disappointing and will no doubt show some level of blooming that we won't see (as much) as with some of the high end monitors have with a lot more dimming zones. Especially considering its a 34" ultrawide. At the same time, if the price is right hopefully we can get more reasonably priced FALD monitors. And this will no doubt be a huge step up from regular LCD monitors. Next year I'm guessing we're going to have a lot more mini-LEDs coming though with more premium manufacturers like ASUS/Samsung offering the very best. I'd love to see what LG could do as well should they jump on the bandwagon.

But yeah it does seem like new tech is breaking out in the PC space with new technologies and even TV's with OLEDs getting smaller too it might be worth considering that too xP I'd say if you are happy with what you have now there's no harm in waiting. May be worth going into Best Buy and checking out something like Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 and see if its worth the wait or investment.

Yea it's not that I am happy per say but rather I don't have a monitor that really speaks to me just yet. My alienware monitor is good for my PC but it's terrible for consoles and I don't really want to get OLED anymore since Samsung proved that Mini-LED can get pretty close to OLED without having those burn in issues. Grr yea I think I'll just have to wait until next year. Once a Mini-LED PC monitor that comes out that has similar quality to Samsung, it would probably be the monitor that will last a long time.

Ah yeah I get you. I was a similar situation with console and monitor combo with my old monitor that had no upscaling and its wasn't ideal for the PS5. Though tbf the panel was dying (was seeing streaks/lines on pixels on the edges). I only recommend waiting because the jump from regular/edge lit LCD and mini-LED jump will be massive in terms of picture quality. Like with local dimming, even on my 8 zone edge lit Odyssey G7 is quite impressive I can imagine a FALD monitor being mind blowing as we're finally seeing TV quality contrast in monitors and proper HDR.

Idd while OLED's while they are great for consuming content like on TV's and phones/tablets they aren't really set for long usage like on PC's. If I got an OLED for use as a monitor I'd always feel conscious of issues like burn in and that tbh its not (for me) worth the hassle. And true, with a good monitor you could use it for several builds. Like some people are still rocking Sony FW900's!

Last edited by hinch - on 07 November 2021

Canadian Retailer Lists Alder Lake Intel Core i5-12400F For 249 CAD (200 USD)

https://wccftech.com/canadian-retailer-lists-alder-lake-intel-core-i5-12400f-for-249-cad-200-usd/

It's ironic that out of all the companies in the world, we look to Intel to give us budget CPUs with insane performance. If the GPUs stabilized by now, we would have had a killer budget PC with an i5 12400F + 3060 Ti for $800sh. But alas, maybe one day.

Rockstar shows off Nintendo Switch GTA Trilogy screenshots

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/rockstar-show-off-nintendo-switch-gta-trilogy-screenshots/

Looks pretty horrible...

Ubisoft Staff Call for Support as Company Continues to Ignore Harassment and Abusers

https://wccftech.com/ubisoft-staff-call-for-support/

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Elden Ring specs revealed. (Click on the tweet for the entire image)

More Rays getting Traced! Can't wait!

Around the Network

The Switch version of the GTA Trilogy doesn't look better or worse than the others, at least for me.

Also, Elden Ring specs? What specs? For PC there are no specs mentioned whatsoever, only that it will go up to 4K and that it's capped at 60fps (which is bullsh!t).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Yea there isn't too much info sadly. But I am glad to know it will get Ray Tracing. Hopefully it will be something meaningful.

Someone with better memory than I could remembercheck how have been the other FromSoftware ports to PC, to know if they actually put some effort on them or are pretty straightforward ports from the console parts. That would tell us what to expect.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Captain_Yuri said:

"up to 60fps"

I ain't even a Souls fan, but boy do FROM not fucking learn about frame capping.

Probably their engine, but why on earth is it so hard to try at least bypassing the cap for PC?. With RT, and that's if it is truly capped at 60, that would mean you're going to need a 3080/90 or you'll be getting crippled (Unless FROM have proficient use of DLSS, but that's stretching the hopium from a Japanese dev team). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

"up to 60fps"

I ain't even a Souls fan, but boy do FROM not fucking learn about frame capping.

Probably their engine, but why on earth is it so hard to try at least bypassing the cap for PC?. With RT, and that's if it is truly capped at 60, that would mean you're going to need a 3080/90 or you'll be getting crippled (Unless FROM have proficient use of DLSS, but that's stretching the hopium from a Japanese dev team). 

Yea it's the age old Japanese devs problem but they are getting better. I think the 60fps will be an engine level problem rather than a performance problem as their older games had the same issue and modders had to unlock it.