By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Pretty hyped for DS remake. Can't wait to get out the plasma cutter again.

@JEMC They did say this was more of a reimagining for the series - https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/eas-ip-revival-is-reportedly-a-dead-space-reimagining/ though still the same game. So possibly could end up akin to a the Demon's Souls type remake like; new engine, up-to date visuals, redone sound, tweaked controls and some new content.

Hoping this is good and does well enough to spur on more DS games. Just don't fuck it up EA lol.

Last edited by hinch - on 23 July 2021

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

AMD Ryzen 5000G listed early by first retailers at a premium

5000G?

I still don‘t have even 5G

Conina said:
JEMC said:

While I'm not a fan of the series (I tried the demo of the first one on my 360 and decided that it wasn't for me), and I'm sure EA will change it like they did with the sequels, I'm curious about this remake because, thanks to being next gen only, Motive can use Ray Tracing to improve the lightning and shadows of the game, making it quite an experience.

I loved Dead Space 1 & 2 and I‘m happy about the remake.

Talking about RT shadows and global illumination: where is my Splinter Cell remake, Ubisoft?

They're too busy making Assassin's Creed and Far Cry games to work on anything else.

hinch said:

Pretty hyped for DS remake. Can't wait to get out the plasma cutter again.

@JEMC They did say this was more of a reimagining for the series - https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/eas-ip-revival-is-reportedly-a-dead-space-reimagining/ though still the same game. So possibly could end up akin to a the Demon's Souls type remake like; new engine, up-to date visuals, redone sound, tweaked controls and some new content.

Hoping this is good and does well enough to spur on more DS games. Just don't fuck it up EA lol.

A reimaginning, yes, With more action and less survival.

Amd let's not start asking for impossibles, please. It's EA, it's pretty much a given that they'll fuck it up sooner rather than later.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Personally I find this more relevant:

Last edited by Zkuq - on 23 July 2021

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Zkuq said:

Personally I find this more relevant:

I'm stupidly guilty of both of these that it's not even funny anymore...

I guess my main gripes are, when I do get a new game and run it, I play it for a while, hit a roadblock and then fall back onto some of my older games I've already played a thousand times over, then forget the new game exists for around 1-2 years.

I miss when I was a lot younger and had the will to just slog through games, but as I got older I realise I just don't have the time for some mechanics or grinds. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 Series To Feature 5nm Ada Lovelace GPUs

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-40-series-to-feature-5nm-ada-lovelace-gpus-rumor/

Now there were some rumours before but the article basically consolidates all of them together. The key thing is that even kopite7kimi is agreeing with the TSMC 5nm who we know has been a very reliable leaker. Now this is gonna be hella interesting. I still believe RDNA 3 will take the crown in Raster by a pretty notable margin unless there's some crazy issues with it's MCM design. But I do think Nvidia will still lead the way in Ray Tracing games which at that point, I suspect almost every AAA game will have Ray Tracing as an option considering how many are getting them already.

[Rumour] AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT GPU Might Be Available For A High Premium Of Up To $646

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-6600-xt-gpu-might-be-available-for-a-high-premium-of-up-to-646/

Obviously due to chip shortage. The kicker with the 6600XT though is the fact that it's supposed to be AIBs only. So unlike their other series which you could buy them from AMD.com at MSRP if you were lucky... These lower end ones... Well... Let's just say you are better off waiting 20 hours at bestbuy to get an 3060 Ti at MSRP if you are lucky or get lucky and get a higher priced one from AMD.com. Of course, if you want a 6600 or a 3060, you are fucked either way as both are AIBs only I believe. But hopefully as the stock comes back, there will be some AIBs that will price at MSRP in the future.

https://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/joao-silva/amd-radeon-rx-6600-xt-expected-to-be-priced-over-e499-at-retailers/

Really sad times when the lowest end GPU will cost you $400 minimum if you are lucky

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 24 July 2021

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I'm having a hard time figuring out who will buy those 6600Xt cards at those prices, and the only answer I find is miners.

Those who should be the potential buyers, gamers, aren't going to pay those prices for them. They're the lowest end models within the mid-range market, or the highest ones of the low-end, and whoever buys those cards won't spend more than 250-350 $/€, half those prices. For them, it makes more sense to see if they can find last gen cards at good prices, switch to Nvidia or just wait a bit more until the next cards arrive and see what happens then.

So yeah, I can only see miners buying those cards at those prices.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

GPU-breaking scenario found, reproduced and tested - EVGA GeForce RTX 3080, RTX 3090 and (not only) New World | Tests | igor´sLAB

https://www.igorslab.de/en/evga-geforce-rtx-3080-rtx-3090-and-not-only-new-world-when-the-graphics-card-goes-amok-because-of-design-failures/

It seems to be a faulty fan controller raising one of the fans RPM to crazy levels. Now obviously in actuality, no fan can go that high but he does report that you can actually hear that one fan ramping up to 100%. The card also ignores the manual fan settings so even if you set it to 50%, it will still ramp up well above that. There is also this quite:

"However, it also happens in this game that the fans keep howling and you have to close the game immediately before a blackout and the well-known emergency shutdown happens shortly after. In this case, the only thing that can be done is to disconnect the computer from the mains and wait a few seconds to be able to boot it again. This in turn indicates an emergency shutdown by the power supply, which proves that the card must have demanded an abnormal amount of power in this situation."

Personally, after trying to read the article a few times, I am still not quite certain what causes the card to stop working. Since the article is translated from German, it's not the easiest thing to read. A fan controller reporting faulty numbers and fans ramping up to 100% shouldn't cause the cards to die. It could be due to abnormal amount of power but then it should be affecting other 3000 series cards as well to the same extent but we know that it's mainly the Evga FTW3 cards that are the issue. Could be that FTW3 has some terrible power delivery systems but it's hard to tell reading the article. Hopefully GN or someone will give us more clarity.

Yuzu Emulator | The Biggest Update in Years - Project Hades

One thing I will say about the switch that annoys me is that, as an owner of Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity, that game runs at 15-25 fps during most fight scenes. So when this version gets out of early access, I am gonna give it a go!

STEAM Deckl built-in FPS limiter. All steam games playable at minimum of 30 fps.

Neowin: Radeon RX 6600 XT MSRP is 349 USD, RX 6600 to cost 299 USD

https://videocardz.com/newz/neowin-radeon-rx-6600-xt-msrp-is-349-usd-rx-6600-to-cost-299-usd

Of course, it is still supposed to be AIBs only which if that is the case, the MSRP doesn't matter much as AIBs generally charge well above MSRP. But if true, at least AMD's intention with the MSRP is less wtf. I get the feeling that a 3060 Ti will continue to be the best bang per buck.