By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

Zarx changed his avatar again. Thoughts?

Noice 245 61.40%

So soon? I just got used to the last one 13 3.26%

it sucks 22 5.51%

Your cropping skills are lacking 13 3.26%

Too noisy, can't tell WTF it even is 13 3.26%

Meh 32 8.02%

Total:338

Looks like Samsung's first PCIe 4.0 NVMe drive wasn't ready and they rushed it. Even if they fix it soon, it's something that people, and reviewers, will keep in mind when Samsung launches the next drives.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Yea the SSD should perform close to normal unless it's near full or doing large file transfers, specifically writes. Of course, none of these issues affects gaming since that's all about reads. Still, a bit lame. Hopefully Samsung comes out with a firmware update soon to fix it.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

My 980 pros seem to be doing fine.

(The waifu edition makes the test faster)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

RDNA 3 rumours:

AMD Navi 31 rumored to be dual 80CU chiplet design, up to 10240 cores?

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-navi-31-rumored-to-be-dual-80cu-chiplet-design-up-to-10240-cores

RedGamingTech is claiming 2.5x over RDNA 2

https://youtu.be/dq9_wMMS7ac

All of it is a rumour for now so take it with grains of salt. But while I do think RDNA 2 was a bit meh overall, I think RDNA 3 might really bring it. If Nvidia doesn't up something up their sleeve, AMD might take the Raster crown at every resolution this time around. We shall see though!

Intel rumored to announce 12th Gen Core Alder Lake-S in September [Rumour]

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-rumored-to-announce-12th-gen-core-alder-lake-s-in-september

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Ok, let me start with this: RDNA 3 rumors? Already? C'mon, give me a break!

Ok, with that out of the way, let me say that I don't belive it. At least not unless AMD is stupid, insane or the MCM design doesn't really work well. After all, the whole concept is to break down the monolythic chips into smaller parts that make it not only more scalable, but also cheaper to produce because you can get more of them from each waffer, right?

Well, if that's the case, why, oh, why, would they go with a chiplet the size of the full Navi 21 chip? Where's the benefit of that? How can you scale it down from there to the x600 and x500 series?

As I said, it doesn't make sense to me. Therefore, and until someone proves me wrong, I'll think that this is false.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

ofc its redtechgaming jezus the man simps more for AMD than hus did for sony

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Captain_Yuri said:

All of it is a rumour for now so take it with grains of salt. But while I do think RDNA 2 was a bit meh overall, I think RDNA 3 might really bring it. If Nvidia doesn't up something up their sleeve, AMD might take the Raster crown at every resolution this time around. We shall see though!

From a raw hardware point I think RDNA2 already showed us AMD can compete again in high end GPU's but the problem is they haven't got their own answer to DLSS where Nvidia cards can pull away from them by large amounts in games that support it.

AMD got one thing right by offering a good chunk of vram which I feel Nvidia messed up with the low vram on the 3000 series cards especially the 3070 at 8GB isn't going to age very well infact if both had stock and I could buy now at MSRP the 6800 would be pretty tempting over the 3070 due to how I think they will age.

WoodenPints said:
Captain_Yuri said:

From a raw hardware point I think RDNA2 already showed us AMD can compete again in high end GPU's but the problem is they haven't got their own answer to DLSS where Nvidia cards can pull away from them by large amounts in games that support it.

AMD got one thing right by offering a good chunk of vram which I feel Nvidia messed up with the low vram on the 3000 series cards especially the 3070 at 8GB isn't going to age very well infact if both had stock and I could buy now at MSRP the 6800 would be pretty tempting over the 3070 due to how I think they will age.

In Raster I agree but there's more to GPUs these days than Raster and AMD really needs to get Ray Tracing improvements with RDNA 3. Once they do that I am confident they will have a pretty big leap in RT performance in RDNA 3 vs RDNA 2, then I'll be impressed and consider them a true competitor as more and more games are getting Ray Tracing support.

The Vram is always a bit of an interesting thing as there's always more to Vram than capacity. The recent DF analysis with Hitman 3 showed how important memory bandwidth can be at high resolutions. Imo having 16GB of slow Vram is no different if not worse than having 10GB of very fast Vram cause for all of the games that don't use the extra capacity, it's useless. Maybe there will be a game at some point that will show a difference but I have a hunch that far more games will need the bandwidth that G6X provides over the capacity that RDNA 2 cards have.

But I do agree that 8GB on a 3070 feels too low.

Captain_Yuri said:

RDNA 3 rumours:

AMD Navi 31 rumored to be dual 80CU chiplet design, up to 10240 cores?

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-navi-31-rumored-to-be-dual-80cu-chiplet-design-up-to-10240-cores

RedGamingTech is claiming 2.5x over RDNA 2

https://youtu.be/dq9_wMMS7ac

Intel rumored to announce 12th Gen Core Alder Lake-S in September [Rumour]

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-rumored-to-announce-12th-gen-core-alder-lake-s-in-september

Sounds to me more like an Arcturus successor (the AMD Instinct MI100), so CDNA2 instead of RDNA3. Arcturus had 120CU on 750mm2, so going up to 160CU seems like the logical next step here.

However, if AMD manages to pull that off with RDNA3, then woooh boy will NVidia be in trouble.

Wonder if AMD will release RDNA 3 Q4 this year and get the jump ahead of Lovelace (Ampere refresh).