By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

TallSilhouette said:

My new Xbox Series controller arrived today.

- Improved bumpers that actually 'bump' more than click now
- Capture button!
- Triggers and sticks are as smooth as ever
- Accessories app and Game Bar seem fairly mature by now; easy update and config options

Neutral:
- Hybrid d-pad feels like a wash compared to previous controllers

Dislikes:
- Light up Xbox button is as distracting as ever; black sticker it is again
- Face buttons and d-pad seem more wiggly than ever; wish they tightened these up
- Prefer symmetrical sticks, personally
- No big new features like the DualSense

Over all, solid B. I'd be a bit tempted to tinker with a DualSense on PC, but the Xbox pad's native integration and compatibility is more peace of mind and less fuss. Probably not worth an upgrade over an XBO pad on its own unless you really want that capture button or need a new controller anyway like I did.

Playing wired, btw. Can't speak for any differences in wireless play.

Nice write up. The textured grips and better bumpers sound good. The One has awful and cheap feeling bumpers.

I'll probably replace my Xbox One controller when mine breaks otherwise sounds like a ever so slight improvement or side grade in ergonomics. The main gripe being is that they've made it smaller, which was already a really good size.

Around the Network

Congratulations on your new controller, TailSilhouette. I use an Xbox One controller and the light of the Xbox button has never bothered me, is the one in the new controllers brighter?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Not trying to alarm anyone, but the RAM I want is not in the QVL for my mainboard. There are other modules of the same speed and timings, so I should be fine.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

JEMC said:

Congratulations on your new controller, TailSilhouette. I use an Xbox One controller and the light of the Xbox button has never bothered me, is the one in the new controllers brighter?

Seems about the same. The button itself is a bit smaller and flush with the body now rather than raised like before. I tend to play in the dark and don't like a lot of RGB and such so it sticks out to me.

TallSilhouette said:
JEMC said:

Seems about the same. The button itself is a bit smaller and flush with the body now rather than raised like before. I tend to play in the dark and don't like a lot of RGB and such so it sticks out to me.

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think I would have a problem with it. I'll keep that in mind if I have to replace my controller.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Flagship ‘Big Navi’ Graphics Card Features 3.0 GHz Maximum GPU Clock Speed

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT Flagship ‘Big Navi’ Graphics Card Features 3.0 GHz Maximum GPU Clock Speed

In technical and professional terms, that is what's known as fast as fuck. Holy hell.

Mummelmann said:
Captain_Yuri said:

In technical and professional terms, that is what's known as fast as fuck. Holy hell.

The 6900XT Strix LC gonna be insane!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

It should have launched in September if not earlier.

Anyway, here's a clear example of how to pick a news story and present it as is, or twist it to make it more sensationalist:

Both are true, but the idea that those headlines transmit are quite different.

By the way, I won't be able to post the news at the usual time, so I'll do it later. And maybe it twill be the same tomorrow.