By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Captain_Yuri said:
Trumpstyle said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Just like how games were optimized for GCN during the ps4/x1 era... Oh wait...

Yep, in the beginning of PS4, Geforce 750 ti was equal to PS4 gpu in some titles (witcher 3, GTA5) but now PS4 is far ahead. But based on Dictator from Eurogamer says, RDNA2 can only do limited amount of ray tracing stuff.

I wouldn't even call those equals but the point wasn't to say consoles didnt age better but how little difference having gcn in consoles made in the pc gpu space when it came to Amd vs Nvidia.

I'm not worried at all, AMD will crush Nvidia very soon.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Around the Network
Trumpstyle said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Trumpstyle said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Just like how games were optimized for GCN during the ps4/x1 era... Oh wait...

Yep, in the beginning of PS4, Geforce 750 ti was equal to PS4 gpu in some titles (witcher 3, GTA5) but now PS4 is far ahead. But based on Dictator from Eurogamer says, RDNA2 can only do limited amount of ray tracing stuff.

I wouldn't even call those equals but the point wasn't to say consoles didnt age better but how little difference having gcn in consoles made in the pc gpu space when it came to Amd vs Nvidia.

I'm not worried at all, AMD will crush Nvidia very soon.

I suppose there's always next year with RDNA 3.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Mummelmann said:
vivster said:

Looks like there is really no point going for a 3090 or 6900. Both are gonna be easily outshone by next gen's 8 series cards. I'll have to assume Nvidia will have something ready to compete with SAM by then too. So really no reason to sway AMD right now. In fact I don't think there will be a reason to go with AMD within the next 10 years. I doubt AMD will ever have a 30% lead on Nvidia in the foreseeable future like Nvidia had on AMD.

Yeah, if there is indeed a 3080Ti coming in only a couple of months, this is bound to be close to a 3090 in performance, but it needs to be priced to compete with a 6900. Seeing as how it'll have more and arguably better features and probably vastly improved RT capabilities compared to 6900 (which is no small part of why one would shell out that much for a GPU right now), AMD is a no-go for me. Seeing them launch without a DLSS alternative, downplaying its relevance, while they're simultaneously actually working on one shows us that AMD isn't as prepared and steeled as we might think. Their very own products appear to have been a bit hasty (especially since the driver issues seemed to be pretty bad right now), probably just as much so as Nvidia's frantic avalanche of new cards they can't really deliver.

I'm still curious how Nvidia will solve the conundrum of not alienating 3090 and 3080 buyers though if they launch a 3080Ti with decent pricing and performance so soon after the first batch came out, it's bound to piss someone off. I expect quite a few canceled 3090 and 3080 orders after new year's if this is the case, there will probably still be a bunch of people who haven't gotten their cards yet after Christmas (stores here are basically telling us that the next two-three shipments are already gone for pre-orders).

I'm still impressed by AMD's improvements and efforts, but not nearly impressed enough to actually consider buying from them.

There is no possible way to alienate either 3080 or 3090 buyers. A XX80ti that's 10% better and even more expensive is par for the course. And no 3090 buyer would even want a 3080ti. People who buy a 3090 do not regard $500 as a price gap.

Trumpstyle said:

RDNA2 just doesn't look that good, it's not living up to its hype. Price/perf is the same or worse as AMPERE, Perf/W looks about the same except on techpowerup, there RDNA2 is much more efficient most likely a screwup from them.

Pretty sure there was only a single person here who was hyping up RDNA2.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Anyone excited to see what Intel has to offer with their GPUs? No? Okay

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Sure man. Can't hurt to see what Intel brings. If not good, can always just go for the legendary 5050 Ti.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

Yeah, if there is indeed a 3080Ti coming in only a couple of months, this is bound to be close to a 3090 in performance, but it needs to be priced to compete with a 6900. Seeing as how it'll have more and arguably better features and probably vastly improved RT capabilities compared to 6900 (which is no small part of why one would shell out that much for a GPU right now), AMD is a no-go for me. Seeing them launch without a DLSS alternative, downplaying its relevance, while they're simultaneously actually working on one shows us that AMD isn't as prepared and steeled as we might think. Their very own products appear to have been a bit hasty (especially since the driver issues seemed to be pretty bad right now), probably just as much so as Nvidia's frantic avalanche of new cards they can't really deliver.

I'm still curious how Nvidia will solve the conundrum of not alienating 3090 and 3080 buyers though if they launch a 3080Ti with decent pricing and performance so soon after the first batch came out, it's bound to piss someone off. I expect quite a few canceled 3090 and 3080 orders after new year's if this is the case, there will probably still be a bunch of people who haven't gotten their cards yet after Christmas (stores here are basically telling us that the next two-three shipments are already gone for pre-orders).

I'm still impressed by AMD's improvements and efforts, but not nearly impressed enough to actually consider buying from them.

Aye, the 3080 already looked like my choice of card, but the 3080ti is really hitting it for me that I'll likely end up waiting for it and grabbing it when possible. AMD just seems to be behind yet again (both DLSS and RT), which makes them a no-go for me either. Maybe next set of cards perhaps, but not now.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Captain_Yuri said:

The one thing that's clear is the more heavy the game is with RT. The bigger the lead Nvidia takes with RT.

6800 XT losses to a 3070 by quite a lot

I agree, in most cases Big Navi loses a lot compared to Ampere in Raytracing.

What I find curious in most of the raytracing tests, and most visibly in the Minecraft test, is that although the RX 6800XT is very severely limited in performance, it's minimum FPS are higher than with Ampere most of the time, and in this one even compared to a 3080 with DLSS. How come?

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

The one thing that's clear is the more heavy the game is with RT. The bigger the lead Nvidia takes with RT.

6800 XT losses to a 3070 by quite a lot

I agree, in most cases Big Navi loses a lot compared to Ampere in Raytracing.

What I find curious in most of the raytracing tests, and most visibly in the Minecraft test, is that although the RX 6800XT is very severely limited in performance, it's minimum FPS are higher than with Ampere most of the time, and in this one even compared to a 3080 with DLSS. How come?

Cause Linus being Linus

Captain_Yuri said:

Graphics cards? Nope.

iGPU? Aye, those be very interesting for Ultrabooks, NUCs and the like.

Also, how funny would it be if AMD was leading in CPU performance and Intel main hold on the market being due to a superior integrated GPU. Same situation as 5 years ago, just with the roles reversed...

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Graphics cards? Nope.

iGPU? Aye, those be very interesting for Ultrabooks, NUCs and the like.

Also, how funny would it be if AMD was leading in CPU performance and Intel main hold on the market being due to a superior integrated GPU. Same situation as 5 years ago, just with the roles reversed...

Yea AMD vs Intel is quite amusing with no positives for Intel in sight outside of iGPU but 5000 series notebooks + Navi gpus gonna kill em. Hell considering the efficiency, I wouldn't doubt if 5000 series + navi notebooks kill Intel + Nvidia due to how efficient AMD's combination is.