By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Lot's of sources claiming that new chip for the 3070Ti to counter Big Navi. Looks like Nvidia is a bit worried about it and the impact it can have over the 3080.

At least tomorrow we'll get to know the real performance of the 3070, as reviews will go live.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Looks like things are heating up in the GPU front. Likely a like a cut down 3080/lower binned as teased before.

6800XT and 3070Ti/3080 SE will be competing for my money over the next few months. Lets see who comes up as top.

^ Probably the one that's on stock XD.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

In that case I'm probably SOL. UK stock is usually terrible in that regard :P

hinch said:
In that case I'm probably SOL. UK stock is usually terrible in that regard :P

Well, the sample is quite small (one retailer) and the country, Denmark, isn't big, but UK doesn't seem to be the only market with stock problems:

https://videocardz.com/newz/proshop-update-206-geforce-rtx-3070-cards-received-from-aibs

NVIDIA is slowly preparing to launch its GeForce RTX 3070 graphics card, the 499 USD model designed for 1440p gaming. Due to a very uncertain situation with Ampere availability, we have been regularly checking on the Ampere availability report from a Danish retailer ProShop. The retailer lists how many cards have been ordered from factories, how many have shipped to customers, how many have shipped to ProShop from AIBs, and more importantly, how many are already in stock waiting for first orders.

Asked 4330 cards, recieved 206 with another 553 coming for a card that launches in three days. Better than the 3080/3090 situation, but still leaves a lot to be desired.

Around the Network

758 for one retailer isn't too bad. Still going to be madness trying to get a card this year.

If can't get a card this year I won't be too upset *cries in his PS5*

Meanwhile at AMD

Watch Dogs Legion benchmark got leaked... Ain't looking too pretty even with a 3090!

Can't hold 4k 60 RT OFF DLSS OFF

4k 30 FPS RT Ultra DLSS OFF is doable

4k 60 FPS RT Ultra DLSS Performance is doable

With a 3090...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Ubisoft optimisation for you 4K30 on consoles. Found a comparison with RTX on and off.

Going to go out on a limb here and say most of the time it doesn't make that much of a difference outside a few select scenes. Think I'd leave the RT off in this case for more fps. Not that I'm getting a 3090..  game looks arse either way.

JEMC said:
Lot's of sources claiming that new chip for the 3070Ti to counter Big Navi. Looks like Nvidia is a bit worried about it and the impact it can have over the 3080.

At least tomorrow we'll get to know the real performance of the 3070, as reviews will go live.

But will that really be a 3070Ti or a 3070 Super?