By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

fatslob-:O said:
JEMC said:

HTC could be getting out of the VR business
http://www.pcgamer.com/htc-could-be-getting-out-of-the-vr-business/
HTC, makers of the Vive VR headset, might be getting out of the VR business according to a report from Bloomberg. After a poor 2016, where it posted losses of $513 million for the full fiscal year, the company have acquired a strategic adviser, resulting in a number of possible outcomes, including selling the Vive side of the business.

The Vive has carved a good install base despite facing the better known Oculus Rift and, in case of a potential sale, there should be a few companies interested in them. Let's hope that the consumers aren't affected by this situation.

Really sucks, hopefully they can find a buyer otherwise the customers that brought their product is shit out of luck in terms of future support ...

If my memory serves me right, the Vive has sold better than the Rift despite being more expensive, so it's the nº 1 VR helmet in the PC (gaming) market.

Surely that will make it a very compelling purchase for many companies trying to enter the VR business.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Well that's bad news for the Vive. I hope someone can support them, because I've been sitting back and waiting for the Vive to go down in price and for a future model to be released with refinements. Valve should just go for it since they are practically made of money.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

http://www.pcgamer.com/darkwood-creators-upload-the-full-game-to-the-pirate-bay-so-everyone-can-play-it/

This is unreal...

Chazore said:
Well that's bad news for the Vive. I hope someone can support them, because I've been sitting back and waiting for the Vive to go down in price and for a future model to be released with refinements. Valve should just go for it since they are practically made of money.

Valve could be a good choice. They were already involved in the development of the device, and they're working on some new controllers for it too.

But I don't know how compromised they really are with the hardware business. Yes, they promote the controller and Link every time they can but, at the same time, their support for the Steam Machines died pretty much the day after they launched. So I'm not sure if they're the best choice.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

Valve could be a good choice. They were already involved in the development of the device, and they're working on some new controllers for it too.

But I don't know how compromised they really are with the hardware business. Yes, they promote the controller and Link every time they can but, at the same time, their support for the Steam Machines died pretty much the day after they launched. So I'm not sure if they're the best choice.

The thing with the Steam machines was Valve simply handing off the idea to other hardware vendors, in turn vendors like Alienware ended up shoving as much expensive hw into a tiny box and then passing it off for 600-800+ dollars. Valve should have kept the Steam machines to 1-2, maybe 3 boxes tops and also keeping an eye on what went into them, rather than being completely off hands with the idea.

For Vive, they'd only need to push the games and the single headset itself, not 5 insane and silly vendored variations of a VR ehadseat like with Steam machines. Just keep it single and simple like the Steam link and gamepad. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
JEMC said:

The thing with the Steam machines was Valve simply handing off the idea to other hardware vendors, in turn vendors like Alienware ended up shoving as much expensive hw into a tiny box and then passing it off for 600-800+ dollars. Valve should have kept the Steam machines to 1-2, maybe 3 boxes tops and also keeping an eye on what went into them, rather than being completely off hands with the idea.

For Vive, they'd only need to push the games and the single headset itself, not 5 insane and silly vendored variations of a VR ehadseat like with Steam machines. Just keep it single and simple like the Steam link and gamepad. 

Yes, but Valve didn't bother making Steam Machines by themselves because that would have been a huge investment in the hardware business. With the Vive, they would have to do that, and I don't know if that's something they're willing to do.

QUAKECore89 said:
http://www.pcgamer.com/darkwood-creators-upload-the-full-game-to-the-pirate-bay-so-everyone-can-play-it/

This is unreal...

My country has blocked The Pirate Bay.

*Changes DNS to 8.8.8.8 and starts downloading*

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
QUAKECore89 said:

This is unreal...

My country has blocked The Pirate Bay.

*Changes DNS to 8.8.8.8 and starts downloading*

LOL

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

That's my friend's PC, it's crappy and slow without RGB boost. ._.