By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Slimebeast said:
JEMC said:

Intel claims i7-8700K to be 11% faster than 7700K
https://videocardz.com/72112/intel-claims-i7-8700k-to-be-11-faster-than-7700k
(original source_Chiphell: https://www.chiphell.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1765892&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D220)
Intel is hosting a training for retailers in China for upcoming Coffeelake 8th Gen Core series. According to the leaked slide, the upcoming i7-8700K CPU will be 11% faster than 7700K in single threaded operations.

The slide also confirms that for the first time Intel will introduce quad-core i3 series and six-core i5 series.

Both Core i5 and i7 series are to use 6-core configuration, although the i5 will not support Hyperthreading.

*leaked pic*

Intel 7th GenSingle/Multi-Thread BoostIntel 8th Gen
i7-7700K (4C/8T) +11% / 51% i7-8700K (6C/12T)
i7-7700 (4C/8T) +18% / 58% i7-8700 (6C/12T)
i5-7600K (4C/4T) +19% / 55% i5-8600K (6C/6T)
i5-7400 (4C/4T) +29% / 61% i5-8400  (6C/6T)
i3-7350K (2C/4T) +17% / 65% i3-8350K (4C/4T)
i3-7100 (2C/4T) +16% / 61% i3-8100 (4C/4T)

Now we ony have to wait and see if those single-thread numbers are real or not, and how much of that may come from higher frequencies.

10% perf increase in single threaded is pretty good, but in what time frame? When is these processors being relaesed? I'm interested in an i7-8600K. These extra threads are youthless, 6 cores is more than enuff for gaming and even have a browser and other programs running in the background.

As they say, ask and you shall recieve (or something like that):

Intel’s 8th Gen Core Processor to debut on August 21st
https://videocardz.com/press-release/intels-8th-gen-core-processor-to-debut-on-august-21st
On Aug. 21, Intel will unveil the 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processor family on Facebook Live. Watch as two exciting moments align: the Great American Solar Eclipse and the unveiling of Intel’s most powerful family of processors for the next era of computing. Hear from those who are at the center of creating this technology and from creators who are using the power of 8th Gen Intel Core technology in new and exciting ways.

And:

Intel Core 8th Gen Coffee Lake CPUs listed for back order
https://videocardz.com/72147/intel-core-8th-gen-coffee-lake-cpus-listed-for-back-order
It appears that all CPUs listed on the leaked slide can already be found at PCCanada. Unfortunately, none of the CPUs are in stock, but an estimated restock date is 16th September.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Slimebeast said:

10% perf increase in single threaded is pretty good, but in what time frame? When is these processors being relaesed? I'm interested in an i7-8600K. These extra threads are youthless, 6 cores is more than enuff for gaming and even have a browser and other programs running in the background.

https://videocardz.com/press-release/intels-8th-gen-core-processor-to-debut-on-august-21st
On Aug. 21, Intel will unveil the 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processor family on Facebook Live. Watch as two exciting moments align: the Great American Solar Eclipse and the unveiling of Intel’s most powerful family of processors for the next era of computing. Hear from those who are at the center of creating this technology and from creators who are using the power of 8th Gen Intel Core technology in new and exciting ways.

And:

https://videocardz.com/72147/intel-core-8th-gen-coffee-lake-cpus-listed-for-back-order
It appears that all CPUs listed on the leaked slide can already be found at PCCanada. Unfortunately, none of the CPUs are in stock, but an estimated restock date is 16th September.

Wait, is it me or have the prices gone up across the board?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

*pic*

And:

Wait, is it me or have the prices gone up across the board?

Well, you're the canadian, so you'll know better than us.

In any case, it could be that prices are a bit higher than usual because it's a pre-order and the price isn't officially set yet... or maybe because Intel is Intel and they're going to charge more for chips with more cores. After all, they've had to lower the prices of their high end CPUs because of Ryzen 7, so they need to get that money back from somewhere else.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

People talking about coffee lake lineup and Intel announced Ice Lake super early(that was back in June).... what the hell is wrong with Intel?

Outside gaming, i would like to share an efficient laptops(or Ultrabooks).

http://wccftech.com/intel-coffee-lake-u-15w-specs-performance-details/

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-vega-8-and-vega-10-mobile-spotted

Around the Network
QUAKECore89 said:
People talking about coffee lake lineup and Intel announced Ice Lake super early(that was back in June).... what the hell is wrong with Intel?

It's called fear. They're not used to have real competition.

JEMC said:
QUAKECore89 said:

It's called fear. They're not used to have real competition.

Hopefully a well made CPUs in the future.

Coffee Lake will be using "1151" pins. But won't be compatible with the "1151" socket.
That's going to confuse a ton of people.

Coffee Lake i5 8600K and i7 8600K should give Ryzen 5 1600/1600X a sound beating, not just in single threaded scenario's, but multi-threaded as well which is where Ryzen typically dominates.

The Core i3 8350K should beat the Ryzen 3 1200, 1300X, Ryzen 5 1400 and 1500X.

Don't be surprised if AMD cuts pricing and re-aligns their entire product stack.

The Core i5 8600K could be the next "5 year" CPU, just like the Core i5 2500K, Core 2 Quad Q6600 etc' ended up being, if you are running an older CPU, that is the chip to get in my eyes.

In the span of 6 months we have essentially seen performance jump 50% and prices drop across the board. All thanks to AMD.
This is why Competition is a good thing and being brand-loyal is not a good thing.

Also. Vegas pricing is garbage right now. Shame on AMD.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

Coffee Lake will be using "1151" pins. But won't be compatible with the "1151" socket.
That's going to confuse a ton of people.

Coffee Lake i5 8600K and i7 8600K should give Ryzen 5 1600/1600X a sound beating, not just in single threaded scenario's, but multi-threaded as well which is where Ryzen typically dominates.

The Core i3 8350K should beat the Ryzen 3 1200, 1300X, Ryzen 5 1400 and 1500X.

Don't be surprised if AMD cuts pricing and re-aligns their entire product stack.

The Core i5 8600K could be the next "5 year" CPU, just like the Core i5 2500K, Core 2 Quad Q6600 etc' ended up being, if you are running an older CPU, that is the chip to get in my eyes.

In the span of 6 months we have essentially seen performance jump 50% and prices drop across the board. All thanks to AMD.
This is why Competition is a good thing and being brand-loyal is not a good thing.

Well it looks like the RyZen train didn't last long ... 

As I said before, Zen was just an experiment that turned out terribly good and it's Zen 2 that should really bring the fight to Intel ... 

Zen is akin to AMD's K7 but to really see if AMD can keep up with Intel and hit another stride they need Zen 2 to be their next K8 ... 

As long as Intel holds a competitive advantage in performance AMD's marketshare isn't going to change and Intel did a good job of responding fast with Coffee Lake ... (Price only factors in for enthusiasts or high performance client users when you offer the SAME performance.)

fatslob-:O said:

Well it looks like the RyZen train didn't last long ...

People will keep buying Ryzen, it's still a solid product. And Intel will likely price itself higher as it has the faster product.

As I said before, Zen was just an experiment that turned out terribly good and it's Zen 2 that should really bring the fight to Intel ...

"Experiment" is a bit far-fetched.
It was the foundations of what would come after... And like you, believe that Zen+ should make up for allot of Ryzens inherant shortcomings.
But that is probably still a good 9+ months away.

As long as Intel holds a competitive advantage in performance AMD's marketshare isn't going to change and Intel did a good job of responding fast with Coffee Lake ...

Indeed.
AMD's marketshare was at it's zenith when it was soundly beating Intel for years.
Intels Anti-Competitive practices didn't help things though.

Price only factors in for enthusiasts or high performance client users when you offer the SAME performance.

Price is always a factor. Always. To what degree really depends on the market segment.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--