By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

And the second, and last, part:

NEW OVERWATCH HERO ORISA INTRODUCED
http://www.pcgamer.com/new-overwatch-hero-orisa-introduced/
Overwatch has introduced its 24th hero, Orisa, a robotic tank character with an ability called Fortify that temporarily prevents her from being crowd-controlled. She is intended to be a low-mobility, high-protection tank that can be an "anchor tank" similar to Reinhardt, which can be the center of a team composition.

G2A AND TINYBUILD BUTT HEADS AT GDC
http://www.pcgamer.com/g2a-and-tinybuild-butt-heads-at-gdc/
The ongoing tension between publisher tinyBuild and game key reseller G2A unexpectedly flared up in public yesterday during the "Fraud and Your Game Economy" panel at GDC. As reported by Polygon, tinyBuild chief Alex Nichiporchik told the audience during the panel that "platforms like Kinguin and G2A" are facilitating fraud by making it easy for anyone to sell stolen game keys.

THE FIRST CIVILIZATION STARTED OUT AS A REAL-TIME STRATEGY GAME SIMILAR TO SIMCITY
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-first-civilization-started-out-as-a-real-time-strategy-game-similar-to-simcity/
At GDC last year, game designer David Brevik revealed Diablo was almost a turn-based game instead of a real-time one, the implications of which are strange to imagine. Here's a lesser-known twist: at this year's GDC, designer Sid Meier said the opposite was true for the original Civilization, with it starting as a real-time game before finding its feet when they added turns.

BATTLEFIELD 1: THEY SHALL NOT PASS TRAILER REVEALS A MID-MARCH RELEASE DATE
http://www.pcgamer.com/battlefield-1-they-shall-not-pass-trailer-reveals-a-mid-march-release-date/
EA announced today that They Shall Not Pass, the first expansion for the First World War shooter Battlefield 1, will be available on March 14 for Premium Pass holders and two weeks later for everyone else. We've also got a new trailer to watch that showcases the fearsome, battle-hardened soldiers of the French Army, who are (finally) joining the fight.

GHOST RECON WILDLANDS SEASON PASS DETAILED, FREE PVP MODE COMING AFTER LAUNCH
http://www.pcgamer.com/ghost-recon-wildlands-season-pass-detailed-free-pvp-mode-coming-after-launch/
Ubisoft has revealed the details of the Ghost Recon Wildlands season pass, which will include not just one but two "major expansions," plus the Unidad Conspiracy missions and Peruvian Connection pack, faction-themed equipment packs, an exclusive "Bolivian minibus" vehicle, and permanent and single-use experience boosters.

THESE NEW AGONY TRAILERS SHOW DEMONS BEHAVING (VERY) BADLY
http://www.pcgamer.com/these-new-agony-trailers-show-demons-behaving-very-badly/
I'm really looking forward to the first-person survival-horror game Agony, even thought I'm still not entirely clear what it's all about. The new gameplay trailer released today doesn't to much to clarify things: The player, who is in control of a powerful demon, strides across the icky surface of Hell in search of the Red Goddess, who possesses the only means of escape.

UBISOFT SAYS ITS NEW AVATAR PROJECT WILL HAVE 'NO IMPACT' ON THE DIVISION
http://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-says-its-new-avatar-project-will-have-no-impact-on-the-division/
We learned a couple of days ago that Ubisoft Massive is now working on a brand-new game based on James Cameron's Avatar. That led immediately to two thoughts. One, why? And two, what might it mean for the future of The Division, the big-budget online shooter that's already under the stewardship of Massive? Even the timing seemed suspect: The Avatar project appeared on the same day that the final expansion to The Division, Last Stand, and the 1.6 update were released.

THE 'JC' IN DEUS EX'S JC DENTON REALLY DOES STAND FOR JESUS CHRIST
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-jc-in-deus-exs-jc-denton-really-does-stand-for-jesus-christ/
For 17 years, Deus Ex fans have speculated that the 'JC' in JC Denton, Deus Ex's cyborg protagonist, stood for Jesus Christ. Others suggested it might mean Just Another Codename. The ambiguous nickname made enough of an impression that the question still lingers. At Warren Spector's post-mortem at GDC today, a fan asked flat-out what the 'JC' stood for. And the answer? It really was Jesus Christ.

GTA ONLINE PROMISES WEAPONISED VEHICLES, ILLEGAL ARMS TRADE, DODGEBALL IN COMING MONTHS
http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-online-promises-weaponised-vehicles-illegal-arms-trade-dodgeball-in-coming-months/
Grand Theft Auto 5's ever-growing online component GTA Online has outlined its plans moving into 2017, which includes new stunt races, game modes, vehicles, and missions—the latter of which will involve players at some stage fighting "for supremacy in the illegal arms trade and wage war with the latest in high-powered military hardware."

Finally, like every Friday, it's time to take a look at what do GOG and Steam offer us in terms of sales:

+GOG

+Steam

And that's about it. Have a happy and gaming weekend.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Anyone else touched BOTW on Switch yet? I need to know if it's just me or if it really looks that horrible. All I see is giant pixels and aliasing. Usually I'd complain about the framerate the most but in this case all I'm seeing is just a mush of pixels which actually makes it hard to make stuff out.

It certainly looks closer to what the Switch hardware is capable of than what the trailers showed.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Anyone else touched BOTW on Switch yet? I need to know if it's just me or if it really looks that horrible. All I see is giant pixels and aliasing. Usually I'd complain about the framerate the most but in this case all I'm seeing is just a mush of pixels which actually makes it hard to make stuff out.

It certainly looks closer to what the Switch hardware is capable of than what the trailers showed.

I did. Yea I dont think there much AA but it does look way more clean on portable mode than it does on docked mode.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
vivster said:

I did. Yea I dont think there much AA but it does look way more clean on portable mode than it does on docked mode.

Probably because of the smaller screen. I'm currently playing on a 27" monitor. I dread to think how itwould look on my 65" tv.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

If you have Amazon Prime, you also have Twitch Prime included, where you get free PC games (similar to PS+ and GwG, but you can keep the games, even if the subscription ends).

Last week I got "The Banner Saga 1" and this week "The Banner Saga 2": https://blog.twitch.tv/twitch-prime-members-run-into-battle-in-the-the-banner-saga-2-for-free-1fee6dd7604d#.hp4s3qxp7

The only downside... just another game launcher. Now I have Steam, GOG Galaxy, Battlenet, Origin, Uplay, Win10 Store and the Twitch launcher for my PC games... and DOS-Box + ScummVM for my older PC games.

Around the Network

I can see us eventually going to 20 launchers and things will just go downhill from there. It's bad enough that I see a mate of mine who has his entire desktop littered with game icons, yet he uses Steam to launch them.

All my launchers are attached to my Taskbar, but even then that's already half filled =/.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

vivster said:

It's not a graphics powerhouse sadly. But it does have some good artistic flair.

Should be playable on PC eventually with the Wii U emulator gaining traction. ;)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Yeah honestly I avoid games that are not on Steam for the sole reason of wanting to keep my library unified. Why can't Microsoft put all their games on steam

Pemalite said:
vivster said:

It's not a graphics powerhouse sadly. But it does have some good artistic flair.

Should be playable on PC eventually with the Wii U emulator gaining traction. ;)

That would actually be a great solution. BOTW in 1440p and 60fps and an actually good controller would be pretty awesome. I try to enjoy the game but so far the graphics and the controllers are killing me. It's so sad that good games have to suffer like this.

Chazore said:
I can see us eventually going to 20 launchers and things will just go downhill from there. It's bad enough that I see a mate of mine who has his entire desktop littered with game icons, yet he uses Steam to launch them.

All my launchers are attached to my Taskbar, but even then that's already half filled =/.

I wonder why there isn't yet a unified 3rd party launcher yet. I mean that's what usually happens. Remember when there were too many instant messngers on PC? Suddenly you saw unified clients pop up to solve this issue.