By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

This is AMD's official response:

It reminds me of K6-2's driver 3DNow!.... Anyway, no wonder why they partnered with Bethesda for id software's id tech 6 engine with Vulkan API.

It's time to move on, Nvidia/AMD/Intel are focusing on DX12 and Vulkan.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
Idk, the Ryzen benchmarks seems to do pretty well. Yes it is lagging behind intel which shouldn't surprise anyone but its not exactly very far behind... Considering the price points and the value proposition that Ryzen brings, I think intel will respond with a price drop across the board one way or another. Most likely with their 8xxx series.

What I am wondering is whether or not it would be a good idea to sell people's current 6700k and etc while the price is still high before intel launches their 8xxx series and drops the prices.

The review I just read showed 1800X and even 1700X and 1700 to be worse than an i7 7700k in price/performance. Ryzen seems as if it was neutered by its own cores. If they'd just put in less cores and increased the clock instead they would easily be eye-to-eye with intel.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Idk, the Ryzen benchmarks seems to do pretty well. Yes it is lagging behind intel which shouldn't surprise anyone but its not exactly very far behind... Considering the price points and the value proposition that Ryzen brings, I think intel will respond with a price drop across the board one way or another. Most likely with their 8xxx series.

What I am wondering is whether or not it would be a good idea to sell people's current 6700k and etc while the price is still high before intel launches their 8xxx series and drops the prices.

The review I just read showed 1800X and even 1700X and 1700 to be worse than an i7 7700k in price/performance. Ryzen seems as if it was neutered by its own cores. If they'd just put in less cores and increased the clock instead they would easily be eye-to-eye with intel.

Well they do have their 6 cores and quad cores coming up so... Maybe then?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Steam Stats update:

JEMC said:

Zen/Ryzen is what Bulldozer should have been. At least it closes the gap between AMD and Intel enough to make AMD a compelling choice for more users than before. Also, those who use multithreaded applications but don't have the money for Intel's top chips, can now get one of this without remorse.

What's surprising is the gaming performance (I suggest taking a look at Guru3D review with several games). It looks like there's still some fixes to do in the Ryzen drivers.

Exactly. It is what Bulldozer should have been.

I doubt drivers will change much though, the good part is... AMD was not a viable choice for CPU's for the last several years, today that has changed where you can consider their platform from a performance and power perspective.

JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Ryzen is good, but not great as some expected/hoped.

Still, for gaming a fast quad CPU seems a  better choice. We'll have to wait for Ryzen 3 to see if they are worth competitors, but at least they'll be cheap.

Many thought this was going to be something that could beat Intels high-end for less than half the price consistently.
Whilst it does achieve that in some cases... It doesn't in allot of others where it can soundly loose to an Intel quad.

If you have a 6700K, I would personally hang on to it and see how Intel Reacts with pricing... Also would be good to see what Coffee Lake brings to the table.

QUAKECore89 said:

This is AMD's official response:

It reminds me of K6-2's driver 3DNow!.... Anyway, no wonder why they partnered with Bethesda for id software's id tech 6 engine with Vulkan API.

It's time to move on, Nvidia/AMD/Intel are focusing on DX12 and Vulkan.

Part of the issue though is that... Even though Direct X 12 and Vulkan bring some big benefits to Ryzen in gaming...
There are still allot of Direct X 11 and older games out there that just aren't heavily threaded, this is the exact issue that Bulldozer had. The promise of more threads to make up for potentially slower cores.

If you bought say... A 120hz/144hz/240hz monitor... And you play E-Sports games like Counterstrike, Overwatch, DOTA, League of Legends, StarCraft 2 etc'. Then you would be better served with an Intel CPU as those games need fewer cores, but extremely fast ones to make full use of those monitors high refresh rates.
The edge case to that is if you are running allot of background tasks, say xsplit, transcoding, encoding, playing music, virus scanner, torrenting, general streaming, browser with half a dozen tabs... And more, where the extra cores come in handy.

JEMC said:

AMD RX 500 series Launch April 4th with three rebrands
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-rx-500-series-launch-april-4th-with-three-rebrands.html
We talked about a possible rehash before, but it seems it's now more validated. AMD will be rebranding some of the 400 series graphics cards into the RX 500 series. Starting April 4 you sould see the Radeon RX 570 and RX 580, followed by Radeon RX 550 en RX 560 on April 11th.

The Radeon RX 580 would be a faster version of the RX 480 with a bump in clock frequency towards 1340 MHz. The 570 would be a 38 MHz faster model based on the RX 470. Both models will again be offered in a 4GB and 8 GB version.

The RX 560 is a 460 with 1024 stream processors abd a clock frequency of 1287 MHz. This would make the 560 substantially faster compared to the 460. The RX 550 would be Polaris 12 based, a new low-end SKU. Details on that one are missing.

VEGA will be released later, quite honestly expect that to be released end of May/June in the Computex time frame

I stated this was going to happen last year sometime.
AMD only made their GPU development teams a seperate entity about a year or so ago, it takes time for that to trickle down into the products being offered.
Plus Ryzen took allot of financial resources away from other developments.

Vega will be a high-end product drop on top of the existing re-badged stack.

AMD really needs to roll out it's new Vega architecture from top-to-bottom and take advantage of the architrectural advantages it brings, but we probably won't see such a shift untill probably Navi or Navi's successor.

AMD also needs a low-end, single slot, low profile, bus powered GPU based on Polaris/Vega.

QUAKECore89 said:

3D Now! Wasn't a driver though. It was a SIMD instruction set similar to MMX/SSE, sadly, AMD has thrown away such support and doesn't even keep it around for legacy reasons.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Neat tech demo for Borderlands 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkF4U4mNED4

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It looks like a lot of people upset with untrusted reviewers over Ryzen 7 1800/1700X results due to the bad built and poorly info, i told them check them out on Hardware Unboxed, Joker Productions and Tech City Ryzen 7 1800/1700X reviews.

I have Ryzen 7-1700X and a friend of mine who has my Core i7-6800K, we're getting similar to Joker's result with stocked, overclocked, high speed RAM and using high performance profile.

Edit: Ignore Joker production.

QUAKECore89 said:
It looks like a lot of people upset with untrusted reviewers over Ryzen 7 1800/1700X results due to the bad built and poorly info, i told them check them out on Hardware Unboxed, Joker Productions and Tech City Ryzen 7 1800/1700X reviews.

I have Ryzen 7-1700X and a friend of mine who has my Core i7-6800K, we're getting similar to Joker's result with stocked, overclocked, high speed RAM and using high performance profile.

I would trust Anandtech over any of them.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
QUAKECore89 said:

I would trust Anandtech over any of them.

Anandtech is the best, been reading this site since 1997.

Can you believe it's already Friday? That means these will be the last news of the week, yay!

NIER AUTOMATA IS COMING TO THE PC ON MARCH 17TH, OFFICIAL PC REQUIREMENTS REVEALED
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/nier-automata-is-coming-to-the-pc-on-march-17th-official-pc-requirements-revealed/
Square Enix has revealed – via its Japanese support site – that NieR Automata will be coming to the PC on March 17th. In addition, Square Enix has unveiled the official PC requirements for this brand new title.

>>Chazore has a thread about this.

FIRE PRO WRESTLING WORLD IS COMING TO PC IN Q2 2017
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/fire-pro-wrestling-world-is-coming-to-pc-in-q2-2017/
Spike Chunsoft recently announced a new Fire Pro Wrestling game at this year’s GDC. The game will apparently debut on Steam Early Access before coming out on consoles.

VISUAL NOVEL 428: SHIBUYA SCRAMBLE IS COMING TO PC IN SPRING 2018
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/visual-novel-428-shibuya-scramble-is-coming-to-pc-in-spring-2018/
Spike Chunsoft announced during their press conference at GDC that they would be localizing 428: Shibuya Scramble. 428 was a critically well received visual novel (Japan’s Famitsu gave the game a 40/40) that debuted on Nintendo’s Wii in 2008. 428 notably relied on live action footage and pictures for its presentation, in lieu of the more commonly used hand drawn art found in most visual novels.

GHOST BLADE HD IS COMING TO STEAM ON MARCH 8TH
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/ghost-blade-hd-is-coming-to-steam-on-march-8th/
Hucast Games announced today that Ghost Blade HD will be launched on PC via STEAM on March 8th. Ghost Blade HD is described as an intense bullet-hell shoot ’em up game, with a score-based gameplay, with its inspiration going back to the shooting games of the 1990s era.

NEW CO-OP TRAILER RELEASED FOR STYX: SHARDS OF DARKNESS
http://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/new-co-op-trailer-released-for-styx-shards-of-darkness/
Focus Home Interactive has released a new trailer for Styx: Shards of Darkness, showcasing how you and a friend can sneak your way through the game together, jumping, climbing, hiding, joking and killing together thanks to the game’s drop-in/drop-out coop mode.

NEW SCREENSHOTS RELEASED FOR KOEI TECMO’S UPCOMING DEMON-HUNTING RPG, TOUKIDEN 2
http://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot-news/new-screenshots-released-for-koei-tecmos-upcoming-demon-hunting-rpg-toukiden-2/
KOEI Tecmo has released some new screenshots for Toukiden 2, showcasing some of the demons that players will slaughter in this new upcoming action RPG.

DANGANRONPA V3: KILLING HARMONY IS COMING TO THE PC ON SEPTEMBER 26TH
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/danganronpa-v3-killing-harmony-is-coming-to-the-pc-on-september-26th/
Spike Chunsoft has announced that Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony will be coming to the PC on September 26th. In order to celebrate this PC announcement, Spike Chunsoft released a new trailer dedicated to the game’s Steam version that can be viewed below.

HALO 5: FORGE – NEW PATCH WILL FIX MOUSE ACCELERATION ISSUES, WILL IMPROVE RENDERING PERFORMANCE
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/halo-5-forge-new-patch-will-fix-mouse-acceleration-issues-will-greatly-improve-rendering-performance/
343 Industries has announced that the next patch for Halo 5: Forge, that will be released on March 7th, will fix the mouse acceleration issues with Spartan/vehicle/turret movement on Windows 10. In addition, this patch will greatly improve rendering performance on Forge objects with material swap.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.