By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

vivster said:
Captain_Yuri said:
So amazon prime now gives you 20% off of all new games and game pre-orders...

Goodbye retail pre-ordering

There were already plenty of reasons to not preorder at retail.

But the more important thing, Amazon Prime now includes Twitch Prime. I may have to make a thread about this since nobody seems to care.

Mhmm, make it during the day so it don't die since most people are zzz atm

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
vivster said:

There were already plenty of reasons to not preorder at retail.

But the more important thing, Amazon Prime now includes Twitch Prime. I may have to make a thread about this since nobody seems to care.

Mhmm, make it during the day so it don't die since most people are zzz atm

I know but I'm gonna do it anyway. If necessary I'm gonna bump it to heavens.

Incidentally I recently had a talk with a certain site admin about this situation and to my surprise he actually proclaimed his love for Hot Topics killing threads within minutes. I responded with some more reasons why Hot Topic is cancer but I haven't heard back again.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Conina said:

I just found this gold nugget of Steam data in another section: real DX12-systems (DX12 GPUs + Windows 10) and DX11-systems (contains DX12-GPUs with older Windows versions). Here is no cut at all, so we can see not only the RX400 series but also the rare Fury and Titan GPUs, which never made the 0.15% or 0.30% cuts:

It's Steam Stats Time again!

And thanks to my find above I could add some data for GPUs with a percent share below 0.16 (Titans, Furies, RX 460, RX 470...), which are put into "Other" in Valve's "All Video Cards" list.

The new "Direct X11 Systems" list leaves out all DX10-GPUs (and older) and all Windows versions older than Vista, but the percent shares keep almost the same as in the "All Video Cards" list:

That data is good enough to show the trend of GPUs below the 0.16%-threshhold, since even the differences for the most popular GPUs are 0.01% or lower. So we can see new GPUs earlier and can keep track of older GPUs which fell under 0.16% and expensive flagships which never overcome that threshold.

According to SteamSpy's estimates the growth of Steam accounts has slowed down last month to less than 1 million. But the Steam growth in the month before with over 5 million seemed too high (normally it is 3 - 4 million per month), so they probably just corrected that.

Windows 10 adoption also slowed down according to the Steam data... all 64-bit versions gained a bit from the Windows-XP decline and the decline of other 32-bit versions.

I may have to buy a new secondary display soon. The stutters in games when watching videos on the secondary monitor definitely come from the 2 display setup and most likely the disparity of attributes on both. Main gaming display is 1440p 144Hz G-sync and the other some office Dell monitor at 1440p60.

Or is there anything I can do to decouple the monitors so that the secondary won't affect the main display?

edit: So I tried plugging the secondary monitor into my 750ti beside the 1070. That made it much much worse. I sadly don't know about how GPUs, displays and OS work together so I don't know how to fix it. I can only hope that once I only have 2 identical monitors together it will be better.

edit2: WTF now that I built it back to what it was the issue has gone away. I swear everytime I boot this PC it's a dice roll if the driver will work or not.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Thanks for the new data, Conina, and that's a very useful info you've found.

The GTX 1060 doubling the numbers of the 480 is very worrying, and it shows quite clear that AMD didn't handle the production/distribution of the cards as well as they should.

Also, it saddens me that there's more people with Titans (whichever one minus the Z) than people with 460 or 470. Combined. At least the trend has changed and there's now more people with 1070 than with 1080, which would worry me a little bit.

@vivster: I haven't dealt with multi monitor configurations, only a couple of times to watch E3 conferences on one display and posting on the site with the other (I only did it a couple of years as it's a nightmare). Maybe Pemalite will be able to help you as he's more used to multi monitor setups, albeit with AMD cards.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

I'm getting another 24 inch monitor FHD 144Hz(overclockable to 180Hz) in 4 weeks, yes, it's Acer Predator monitor.

QUAKECore89 said:
I'm getting another 24 inch monitor FHD 144Hz(overclockable to 180Hz) in 4 weeks, yes, it's Acer Predator monitor.

Will that be the 2nd or the 3rd one?

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
QUAKECore89 said:

It will be the 2nd. Two monitor is enough.

The new one which is overclockable to 180Hz will be main display & the old one will be secondary display.

QUAKECore89 said:
JEMC said:

The new one which is overclockable to 180Hz will be main display & the old one will be secondary display.

Ok.

I hope you don't have the same problems as vivster.

JEMC said:
QUAKECore89 said:

Ok.

I hope you don't have the same problems as vivster.

I won't.