By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

One way that I am thinking of doing with windows 10 is that... Have windows 10 as the main OS for gaming but have windows 7 as a virtual machine either through VMware or through Hyper-V (which comes free with windows 10). Like shouldn't that eliminate privacy issues?

Essentially just have windows 10 for gaming but run a windows 7 virtual machine for yaring and u can of course transfer files between your main machine and the virtual machine if u need to...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Speaking of Windows 10 - fricken MS sent out another new push of the GWX/Windows 10 installer.

KB3150513 is the culprit. Hide that bish ;(!

I'm gonna get Windows 10 eventually - more than likely my new PC build will have it.

Keeping 7 on my current desktop and 8.1 on my laptop though.

Ever since the last update last year I've set my updates to manual and pick and choose my updates, though I hardly update as much because it's obvious that MS now wants to force you in many ways to their will.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
JEMC said:

Is there any Vulkan game out?

I don't know if there are any "exclusive" vVulkan games being supported, I just said I'd like to see games getting Vulkan support as I along with others out there have no desire to use Windows 10 which entails DX 12. It would be really awesome for PC gaming if we had two or more options rather than just one.

I doubt we'll get any OpenGL or Vulkan exclusives in the future... unless they come from Valve.

After looking a little bit, the only Vulkan game I could find is The Talos Principle. And the "quick look" that Anandtech did showed potential, but it was still far from DX11 level: http://www.anandtech.com/show/10047/quick-look-vulkan-performance-on-the-talos-principle

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Chazore said:

I don't know if there are any "exclusive" vVulkan games being supported, I just said I'd like to see games getting Vulkan support as I along with others out there have no desire to use Windows 10 which entails DX 12. It would be really awesome for PC gaming if we had two or more options rather than just one.

I doubt we'll get any OpenGL or Vulkan exclusives in the future... unless they come from Valve.

After looking a little bit, the only Vulkan game I could find is The Talos Principle. And the "quick look" that Anandtech did showed potential, but it was still far from DX11 level: http://www.anandtech.com/show/10047/quick-look-vulkan-performance-on-the-talos-principle

I wasn't really wanting games to get exclusive Vulkan support, I just want games that support Vulkan rather than exclusively supporting only Windows 10.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
JEMC said:

I wasn't really wanting games to get exclusive Vulkan support, I just want games that support Vulkan rather than exclusively supporting only Windows 10.

I'm not optimistic in that scenario either.

It's already hard enough to get good ports from consoles to DX11, to now add DX12 AND OpenGL/Vulkan. And the number of SteamOS/Linux games hasn't increased much, 2117 according to Steam (and 3210 on Mac OS, but I don't know what API they use).

I'd say that only Valve and Firaxis (of the big ones) care enough to port their games to other APIs.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

I'm not optimistic in that scenario either.

It's already hard enough to get good ports from consoles to DX11, to now add DX12 AND OpenGL/Vulkan. And the number of SteamOS/Linux games hasn't increased much, 2117 according to Steam (and 3210 on Mac OS, but I don't know what API they use).

I'd say that only Valve and Firaxis (of the big ones) care enough to port their games to other APIs.

I'm not the hopeful type, I just don't like to use something I don't like using, if everything goes MS's way then good for them but bad for me, I'll just stick with what I have.

Friends already bought gtx 980 ti, i told them gtx 1080 is officially coming on May 27th & it's better than Titan X, then they punched me...

^You know what to do: Payback time!

Or just laugh at them, that also works .

Chazore said:
JEMC said:

You'll be happy to read this:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Runs Doom With Vulkan API – Achieves Up To 200 FPS With Ultra Settings at 1080P

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-doom-vulkan-api/#ixzz480Oz1MDz

Demos of the GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card are pouring in from NVIDIA’s special event in Austin. It looks like NVIDIA did a surprise demo of Id’s next generation DOOM which will for masses to play next week on 13th May 2016. The game was not only shown running on the recently announced GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card but it was doing so with the Vulkan which is the latest API from Khronos Group.

The DOOM gameplay demo shown by NVIDIA was running at 1080P. Why 1080P? Because that’s the limitation of the video wall NVIDIA was using at their event as reported by TweakTown. Bethesda surprised by coming to the stage and gave a live demo of DOOM first running at around 60 FPS with OpenGL which is what even current cards can do pretty easily.

The shock came when Bethesda switched to Vulkan API that pushed the game up to 200 FPS. The game was running at Ultra settings with average FPS of 140-150 FPS. You can read PC requirements for Doom here.

JEMC said:
Chazore said:

You'll be happy to read this:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Runs Doom With Vulkan API – Achieves Up To 200 FPS With Ultra Settings at 1080P

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-doom-vulkan-api/#ixzz480Oz1MDz

Demos of the GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card are pouring in from NVIDIA’s special event in Austin. It looks like NVIDIA did a surprise demo of Id’s next generation DOOM which will for masses to play next week on 13th May 2016. The game was not only shown running on the recently announced GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card but it was doing so with the Vulkan which is the latest API from Khronos Group.

The DOOM gameplay demo shown by NVIDIA was running at 1080P. Why 1080P? Because that’s the limitation of the video wall NVIDIA was using at their event as reported by TweakTown. Bethesda surprised by coming to the stage and gave a live demo of DOOM first running at around 60 FPS with OpenGL which is what even current cards can do pretty easily.

The shock came when Bethesda switched to Vulkan API that pushed the game up to 200 FPS. The game was running at Ultra settings with average FPS of 140-150 FPS. You can read PC requirements for Doom here.

Though I won't be egtting DOOM till it's much cheaper, I can say that does make me happy, more games should support Vulkan like this.

Lol at the controller comment, it's true though, they wouldn't be seen being able to pull off most of what was going on in that video, hence the weapon wheel and slow down of time being added to the game.