By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Steam finally fixed their GPU stats! Now DX12 GPUs aren't "DX8 or older" anymore! 70.22% of the Steam systems are now DX12-compatible, 83.83% are DX11-compatible.

The Intel HD 4000 chip fell from second to third place, in April it probably fell to fourth place, since GTX 970, 960 and 750 Ti all had big gains:

Around the Network

Steam ranking of DX12 GPUs: mainly Nvidia, but the R9 series (200 + 300 are couted together) should go up a few places in the next months:

It's nice to have those charts again. Thanks Conina .

I find that 70% of DX12 compatible cards surprisingly high, although many will only barely meet one of the tiers.

And I'm now part of the 0.25% that have a 5000 series card. Although I'll upgrade when I can.

And talking about upgrading...

AMD Polaris 11 and Polaris 10 GPUs pictured?

http://videocardz.com/59487/amd-polaris-11-and-10-gpus-pictured

AMD has just added a new website dedicated to Polaris architecture. You can even sign up to be notified when new Polaris GPUs will become available. However what got my attention were new pictures published on this page.

To make sure that this picture is in fact not showing some old processor I have compared it against many existing GPUs (even going back to HD 5000) and I’m quite confident this GPU was not shown before. It’s really hard to say how big this processor really is, as we do not know how big is the package. However assuming this is Pitcairn/Bonaire replacement then size is comparable to Bonaire.

These are the two pics, but they're almost useless, unlike the GP104 pics that leaked some weeks ago.

Polaris 11

"Polaris 10"

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

zero129 said:

Lol, my fear is if i wait too long to get a new MB i might not be able to find one at all lol xD.

If you want to improve emulator performance then I would definitely recommend upgrading your motherboard ... 

JEMC said:
Conina said:

I doubt that your CPU is the bottleneck, just upgrade your GPU.

That, and the 2500K is a socket 1155 chip. I don't know how easy or hard will be finding a compatible motherboard that also allows overclocking.

You could stick with Socket 1155 and go Ivy bridge instead, find an old 3770K second hand, Sandy will clock higher though.

With that said... A 2500K should have a few years of life left in it still, games are starting to become better threaded and better optimized thanks to Direct X 12, which lessens the need for the best CPU.
Sink everything into the GPU and if you haven't... An SSD.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
JEMC said:

That, and the 2500K is a socket 1155 chip. I don't know how easy or hard will be finding a compatible motherboard that also allows overclocking.

You could stick with Socket 1155 and go Ivy bridge instead, find an old 3770K second hand, Sandy will clock higher though.

With that said... A 2500K should have a few years of life left in it still, games are starting to become better threaded and better optimized thanks to Direct X 12, which lessens the need for the best CPU.
Sink everything into the GPU and if you haven't... An SSD.

He was talking about a new mobo, tho.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I've known this issue for a while now but I;m glad someone else is bringing it to light on YT. I can't say I;m happy with having to clutter my desktop with icons and launchers, in fact I largely prefer to have a max of 3-4 launchers pinned to the taskbar and no other icons littering the desktop let alone the start panel.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

BasilZero said:

O.o

I never use/launch a game through the launcher. Always through Steam or Origin.

Cant imagine using or placing them on the desktop or taskbar either xD

If you watch the vid you'll know he's talking about pubs and other devs specifically not having their games on a single client where most games are like Steam, in a way that pubs are now starting to just come out with their own launchers/clients which makes playing games or getting to play them to being that bit more tedious.

I have 4 clients tabbed to the taskbar since my star menu is always kept empty and the desktop too (I like my wallpapers =P).

Really I'd just like it if most if not the vast majority of games werre sold on Steam because that's where the majority of my library is, only for the very slim few games do I have to resort to using Origin and in cases Battle.net (though that is still technically a network, not born as a client). I just find having a few titles stuck to a pubs client can get to be tedious for me because it means I have to download and install their client, put up with their shenanigans and mistakes being made over and over along with less deals being thrown my way, all while having to clutter up some visible space on my PC in order to launch all of them.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I admit my desktop is a bit messy, with almost 40 icons for launchers, files that I put there to have easy access and other stuff.

But I don't have game specific launchers. When given the option, I always refuse to install them, and if they don't ask me and simply create them, I just delete them.

Chazore said:

I've known this issue for a while now but I;m glad someone else is bringing it to light on YT. I can't say I;m happy with having to clutter my desktop with icons and launchers, in fact I largely prefer to have a max of 3-4 launchers pinned to the taskbar and no other icons littering the desktop let alone the start panel.