By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

JEMC said:

So you can play Helldivers 2, that requires a PSN account, but can't buy or play other titles that ask for it? That's... curious. Now I wonder if you see Ghost of Tsushima, because that game requires a PSN account, but only for the multiplayer side of it (at least for now). It's like a schrödinger cat situation.

I don't really think Sony will launch their own PC store. They're not entirrely dumb and have seen how not only Ubisoft or EA have come back to Steam to get better sales, but also Blizzard has come to Steam after going solo since almost always. So no, I don't think they're dumb enough to do that and lowe their sales numbers even more.

With that said, I wouldn't rule out the chance of them doing a UPlay/UbiConnect or whatever thing, launching their own platform on PC while also keeping their games on Steam, forcing users to have to launch both platforms to play their games. But I don't see them going solo.

Didn't they drop the requirement after the backlash on HD2?. I haven't booted up the game since that debacle went down, but I can still visit the HD2 page on Steam, since I own the game. Me not owning a game that requires PSN just won't show up. 

If I manage to click on "Sony publishing LLC" tag on Steam, I am taken to their page that will show Until Dawn, Ghosts, and Ragnarock as I am showing you from a screenshot I just took:

As soon as I click any of them though:

Now I just figured out that for Helldivers 2 and HZD (OG one), there are "store pages" left up for me to see from my end, but clicking on them via Sony's publishing tag shows them as the screen above (the end result). 

I am still barred from the new games either way though. 

Yeah Sony will pull a Ubisoft, since they'll just play a very casual game of "wait to see how pissed off ppl get and just come to my store instead", and they are honestly in a better position than Ubisoft is right now to play that long game. I doubt they would go solo though, but I'm also not sure if they stick with Steam for decades to come. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"