By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

JEMC said:

For those of you that were expecting it **cough**Chrkeller**cough**, Intel has launched its microcode update and both Asus and MSI have new BIOS with it:

ASUS first to release Z790 BIOS with microcode update for Raptor Lake instability issue (link here - there are links to the BIOS, but they don't come from Asus, but rather Google drive. Use at your own risk)

MSI releases 0x129 microcode update for first Z790 motherboards, mitigates Intel Raptor Lake instability (link here - it's only a press release. Check MSI's site to find them)

Perfect.  I have a MSI motherboard.  Pretty sure it is the z790.  

Thank you.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network

As a general shout out to all who keep this thread active. Tons of great information; updates, sales, next gen hardware, etc. I wish I knew about this thread sooner. Very well done and one of the most helpful places on the internet. Thank you to all.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Let's have some hardware news, before we forget about them:

AMD reportedly preparing Navi 33 based Radeon RX 7400 and RX 7300 graphics card
https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-reportedly-preparing-navi-33-based-radeon-rx-7400-and-rx-7300-graphics-card

A bit late if they're real, but at least it's something. Let's just hope they don't suck much.

Lossless Scaling to receive 4x Frame Generation update this week
https://videocardz.com/newz/lossless-scaling-to-receive-4x-frame-generation-update-this-week

Feels a bit exagerated to try to have 4 times the frames, but it's certainly something to keep in mind if you are a peson that can only afford something like the mentioned above 7400 or 7300.

AMD’s new Ryzen & Radeon 7000 game bundle features “Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2” and “Unknown 9: Awakening”
https://videocardz.com/newz/amds-new-ryzen-radeon-7000-game-bundle-features-warhammer-40000-space-marine-2-and-unknown-9-awakening

Intel officially postpones Innovation 2024 event, leaving Arrow Lake launch timing in question
https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-officially-postpones-innovation-2024-event-leaving-arrow-lake-launch-in-question

They didn't want to spend all the money an event like this requires after announcing those massive losses and the layoff of so many people.

The launch of their Core Ultra 200isn't at rist, or at least that'swhat they said to OC3D.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

But wait, there's more! This time a couple of articles, with one that will make you facepalm yourselves and the other that will make you feel glad you're on WIndows (for once):

Landlords are so drunk with power they've started advertising apartments made in The Sims 4 on real estate websites
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/the-sims/landlords-are-so-drunk-with-power-theyve-started-advertising-apartments-made-in-the-sims-4-on-real-estate-websites/
Apartment hunting in 2024 is, to be frank, a barbaric experience. Scour through crusty ultra-compressed photos taken in panorama, make a two-hour trip for a 20-minute viewing with 50 other people and then pray to whatever god is out there that you emerge victorious from the gruelling application process that follows.

I went through it all this year, and trying to find an apartment that looked like its listing pictures was by far the hardest part. I dissected far too many images to see how much creative liberty the real estate agents were taking, but I can safely say that none of them were ever cheeky enough to supplement real pics with a vague recreation in The Sims 4.

The Spanish rental market must be doing things a bit differently, as one particular listing on Idealista started doing the rounds after a Twitter user—who said her husband spotted the ad while apartment hunting—pointed out that it was using screenshots from the life sim. Well, I say screenshots, but it's a case of the classic "take a photo of the monitor with your phone" that I love so much. The slightly fuzzy snaps are all from a bird's-eye view, containing all the classic all-white apartment furniture: sofa, television, fridge, random bedside table next to said fridge. They've even gone the extra mile and added some pizazz with a couple of books on the coffee table along with utensils and a kitchen roll on the counter.

>> As a spaniard myself, I feel both proud and ashamed by this. Kudos for being original, but man, that's lame!

Major browser providers scramble to patch an 18-year-old vulnerability affecting MacOS and Linux systems but Windows remains gloriously immune
https://www.pcgamer.com/software/security/major-browser-providers-scramble-to-patch-an-18-year-old-vulnerability-affecting-macos-and-linux-systems-but-windows-remains-gloriously-immune/
We Windows users are sometimes the butt of the joke when it comes to cybersecurity issues. Or at least, we often used to be. Still, if I receive one more lecture on why Linux or Mac systems are more secure, I'll at least have this article to point to. Not always, I shall say. Not always.

Oligo Security's research team has discovered a “0.0.0.0 Day” vulnerability that affects Google Chrome/Chromium, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari browsers, enabling websites to communicate with software running on MacOS and Linux systems (via The Hacker News).

The vulnerability means public websites using .com domains are able to communicate with services running on the local network by using the IP address 0.0.0.0 instead of localhost/127.0.0.1.

The good news, if you're a Windows user at least, is that Microsoft's OS blocks 0.0.0.0 at a system level. Hooray for the sometimes-rarer-than-we'd-like Microsoft security win. The bad news for the rest of you is that this loophole is said to have been exploitable since 2006, which means it has been an active cybersecurity vulnerability for an astonishing 18 years.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-reportedly-preparing-navi-33-based-radeon-rx-7400-and-rx-7300-graphics-card

A bit late if they're real, but at least it's something. Let's just hope they don't suck much.

As long as they are full featured they'll be a step up from the awful 6500XT and 6400. Those wastes of sand lacked encoding features and their already meh performance tanked on PCIE 3.0 systems which were the systems they'd most likey be bought for.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
JEMC said:

As long as they are full featured they'll be a step up from the awful 6500XT and 6400. Those wastes of sand lacked encoding features and their already meh performance tanked on PCIE 3.0 systems which were the systems they'd most likey be bought for.

Their performance doesn't even have to be great, just better than integrated. - They are low-end GPU's.
But when they are incompetent at even the most basic tasks like encoding/decoding of video streams, then they are useless at even the most basic tasks.

Hopefully the RX7400 has 1536 shaders at a high clockrate and fed with 6-8GB of VRAM with around 150GB/s of bandwidth.
That would be a potent budget offering.

In reality? Probably 1024 shaders, 4GB of Ram with 120GB/s of bandwidth give or take.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Updated bios.  Was a bit nervous, never did that before, but everything went well.  Hopefully this means my CPU will be safe moving forward.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

Updated bios.  Was a bit nervous, never did that before, but everything went well.  Hopefully this means my CPU will be safe moving forward.

No need to be nervous these days.
Pretty much every motherboard manufacturer has a fallback to restore everything these days.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

So hopefully a slight issue. After the bios update I played twice with no issues. No I cannot get a video out. TV says no signal. Any thoughts? Seem very odd. I can't figure it out.

Edit

Very odd and can't figure it out.  If I turn the computer on and off, I get a video out once in about every 5 tries.  Once I get a picture it works great.  But 80% my TV says no signal.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

So hopefully a slight issue. After the bios update I played twice with no issues. No I cannot get a video out. TV says no signal. Any thoughts? Seem very odd. I can't figure it out.

Edit

Very odd and can't figure it out.  If I turn the computer on and off, I get a video out once in about every 5 tries.  Once I get a picture it works great.  But 80% my TV says no signal.

Probably not your case, but mine is such that my monitor randomly decides to say the same every few months, with nothing apparently helping. If I disconnect the power cable from the monitor for a while and then reconnect, it's all good. Supposedly that's a fairly common problem with this monitor, and only with DisplayPort (I had zero issues when I used the monitor via HDMI on my previous PC).