By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Chazore said:

Btw, there is no freedom of speech on EGS, because their "user review" system is neutered in a way that it "randomly" picks user reviews based on scores, meaning it will only ever pick the higher review scores, not the negative ones, and even then, the way they have worded 1 star makes it still sound good, not bad, which is enough to tell me that their review system is completely fucked and not at all designed for us the users, but for the studios/publishers (Publishers/studios can also 100% opt out of even allowing user reviews, which is a massive anti-consumer red flag). 

I don't know about their user review system, but "for the studios/publishers" sounds just about how I view EGS: It's not for the gamers, it's just for the studios/publishers. That's the vibe I've been getting from the beginning, and that's still the vibe I'm getting, more or less.

Around the Network

I tried out EGS last year when some of my friends wanted to try out Fall Guys with me.

What a piece of shit store/software. For whatever reason, I had a lot of errors just downloading/installing the game. It kept cutting out - never had this issue with Steam, Origin, Uplay or in general. Also for whatever reason the store pages just failed to load completely, it was mind boggling.

Eventually I did get it up and running, game was okay. As for the UI on EGS - it looks and feels like Xbox Game Pass PC, Origin and Ubisoft Connect - no different.

But ya I uninstalled it - at least you can redeem games on the website rather than the actual software. All I do is just redeem the free games otherwise I would never log into my account on there lol.

I just see it as a store where games go to die from little to no sales (specifically Japanese games) - and where the publisher/developer gets a cut but I think they changed their policy to make it where it needs to be successful enough to make the cut and it looks like they cut down from 1-2 year deals down to 6 month deals.

Not a surprise considering how much money they lost going by the information in the trials they had.

BasilZero said:

I tried out EGS last year when some of my friends wanted to try out Fall Guys with me.

What a piece of shit store/software. For whatever reason, I had a lot of errors just downloading/installing the game. It kept cutting out - never had this issue with Steam, Origin, Uplay or in general. Also for whatever reason the store pages just failed to load completely, it was mind boggling.

Eventually I did get it up and running, game was okay. As for the UI on EGS - it looks and feels like Xbox Game Pass PC, Origin and Ubisoft Connect - no different.

But ya I uninstalled it - at least you can redeem games on the website rather than the actual software. All I do is just redeem the free games otherwise I would never log into my account on there lol.

I just see it as a store where games go to die from little to no sales (specifically Japanese games) - and where the publisher/developer gets a cut but I think they changed their policy to make it where it needs to be successful enough to make the cut and it looks like they cut down from 1-2 year deals down to 6 month deals.

Not a surprise considering how much money they lost going by the information in the trials they had.

Oh wow, I'm used to a much more positive approach from you to things in general, so this level of directness was unexpected. I guess it was indeed bad.

Zkuq said:

I don't know about their user review system, but "for the studios/publishers" sounds just about how I view EGS: It's not for the gamers, it's just for the studios/publishers. That's the vibe I've been getting from the beginning, and that's still the vibe I'm getting, more or less.

It's mostly because Tim knows full well that to not try when times were rough, leave us to rot, then come back would have meant insanely monumental work to get us on their side, I'm talking everything Valve has done, but with more R&D and money spent to do it in shorter time and that was never feasible to accomplish. Instead he took the quickest route, blame it all on Valve/Google/Apple, slam a few of them in court and paint themselves are the only hero in the industry, despite having one of the world's most popular game dev engine (And also generally still being known).

I've no real idea at this point as to why they keep offloading the freebies, because most have caught on that said freebies end up running a cycle, where you'll find GTA being a freebie for one month and then it'll show up a few months later, and most people already own most of those freebies by now, or even on Steam. EA had their "on the house" program and that lasted about 3-4ish yrs before they stopped doing it. I think Ubisoft had something similar, but both EA/Ubi and even MS and Sony all do a sub service to access games (Nintendo does so with Rom access). Epic is like the only player on the market that isn't doing a sub service like the rest are (Valve likely won't ever bother with it). 

All I know is that they've made such a terrible first impression, and the ongoing tirade and refusal to admit they fucked up, or even for what they did/said in the past kinda just makes it feel like they don't care, just like how they didn't care for us when PC gaming was in it's dark age. They were too busy bothering with MS and gears of War to care about Steam showing up (until it was too late). Also, much as I tend to gab on about Tim, he is by far THE worst public image CEO I have ever seen. I'd compare him to Orange man, because both act like kids and just don't fit the job description at all. 

BasilZero said:

People weren't kidding when they called Epic a "black hole for marketing". For years barely anyone not in the loop, knew that KH collection was even on PC. Every time someone mentioned "where's KH on PC?", someone will go "it's on EGS", and then you'd just get "huh?" reactions in spades. That's how utterly forgettable EGS really is. 

Even with SE putting out the odd trailer or two for a PC port, if it's on EGS, barely anyone cares or isn't aware it exists, at least until it hits Steam, like we just saw with the KH collection, that now has so much fanfare surrounding it's release (the reception for the Steam release absolutely dwarfs anything Epic mustered years ago). 

I just think Epic are wasting so much money on exclusive deals, when they could be using that money and put half of it towards proper R&D for the store, and also into making NEW GAMES, rather than seeing what's popular on Steam, buying it up and delisting it from Steam or denying Steam customers the ability to buy said popular game on Steam (like what happened with Rocket League and Fall Guys). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Zkuq said:

Oh wow, I'm used to a much more positive approach from you to things in general, so this level of directness was unexpected. I guess it was indeed bad.

Well I try to be positive but if something is terrible, I dont hold back lol

I'm planning to try GOG Galaxy next, hopefully better experience than EGS lol.

Chazore said:

People weren't kidding when they called Epic a "black hole for marketing". For years barely anyone not in the loop, knew that KH collection was even on PC. Every time someone mentioned "where's KH on PC?", someone will go "it's on EGS", and then you'd just get "huh?" reactions in spades. That's how utterly forgettable EGS really is. 

Even with SE putting out the odd trailer or two for a PC port, if it's on EGS, barely anyone cares or isn't aware it exists, at least until it hits Steam, like we just saw with the KH collection, that now has so much fanfare surrounding it's release (the reception for the Steam release absolutely dwarfs anything Epic mustered years ago). 

I just think Epic are wasting so much money on exclusive deals, when they could be using that money and put half of it towards proper R&D for the store, and also into making NEW GAMES, rather than seeing what's popular on Steam, buying it up and delisting it from Steam or denying Steam customers the ability to buy said popular game on Steam (like what happened with Rocket League and Fall Guys). 

I wont be surprised if we see those games back on Steam again, kinda like how Ubisoft and EA had said that they were stopping to release their games but eventually came back.

Hell, even Atlus and Blizzard games are coming out on Steam, never say never :p

Around the Network

Welcome to the Monday news:

SALES /PLAYER COUNT & DEALS

GOG starts the week with five new Deals of the Day that will be available until Wednesday;

Steam has two new deals:

Fanatical ha some new deals for us:

SOFTWARE & DRIVERS

INTEL Arc Graphics 31.0.101.5590 driver
https://videocardz.com/driver/intel-arc-graphics-31-0-101-5590

Highlights

GAMING HIGHLIGHTS:
Intel® Game On Driver support on Intel® Arc™ A-series Graphics GPUs and Intel® Core™ Ultra with built-in Intel® Arc™ GPUs for:

• Destiny 2: The Final Shape
  • Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree

Game performance improvements on Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics Products versus Intel® 31.0.101.5534 software driver for:

• Chivalry 2 (DX11)
    • Up to 13% average FPS uplift at 1080p with Epic settings
  • Crysis (2007) (DX10)
    • Up to 10% average FPS uplift at 1080p with Very High settings

Game performance improvements on Intel® Core™ Ultra with built-in Intel® Arc™ GPUs versus Intel® 31.0.101.5534 software driver for:

• Chivalry 2 (DX11)
    • Up to 16% average FPS uplift at 1080p with Medium settings
  • Crysis 2 (2011) (DX11)
    • Up to 6% average FPS uplift at 1080p with Extreme settings

Fixed Issues

Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics Products:

• No Rest for the Wicked (DX11) may experience an intermittent application crash during gameplay

MODS, EMULATORS & FAN PROJECTS

This Starfield Mod adds a lot of Star Wars ships and decorations to Akila and New Atlantis
https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/this-starfield-mod-adds-a-lot-of-star-wars-ships-and-decorations-to-akila-and-new-atlantis/
Modders are currently turning Starfield into a Star Wars game. In the past few months, we shared a number of these mods. And today, we present to you yet another one. Created by CRAFTYxGAMER, this mod adds a lot of Star Wars ships and decorations to Akila and New Atlantis.
Now while this is a simple mod, I’m certain that a lot of Star Wars fans will find it cool. Moreover, the modder plans to add even more decorations (most likely on other planets too) in future versions.
If you are a Star Wars fan, you can go ahead and download the mod from this link. At the end of the article, you can also find some screenshots from it. These screenshots showcase the Star Wars ships and decorations that are currently featured in it.
>> Besides the screenshots, there’s also an over 10 minutes video.

While other companies do expensive crossovers with Fortnite, Renault's been modding its little electric car into Garry's Mod, Palworld and Stardew Valley—and the mods actually look good
https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/game-development/while-other-companies-do-expensive-crossovers-with-fortnite-renaults-been-modding-its-little-electric-car-into-garrys-mod-palworld-and-stardew-valleyand-the-mods-actually-look-good/
Product placement isn't quite as rife in videogames as it is in movies and TV, but there's still a long history of collaboration. Who can forget how Energizer used Alan Wake to let us know how quickly its batteries drained? Then there's League of Legends' long-running partnership with fashion company Louis Vuitton, which has spawned everything from ostentatious trophy carrying cases to in-game skins. Fortnite, meanwhile, has become a big playable billboard. 
Car manufacturers, though, are the most prolific, with racing games showing off everything from the latest supercars to the humble Mini. French manufacturer Renault, then, has its cars featured in plenty of videogames already, but for its latest marketing push, to promote its Renault 5 E-Tech electric car, it's doing something a bit more novel.
It's been modding its car into a bunch of different of games, and while the list features the usual suspects like Roblox, Minecraft and Fortnite (I'm sure the kids are gonna go wild for a small, yellow electric car and immediately run out and buy the real one), Renault's modders have also snuck it into less obvious games, like Stardew Valley, Garry's Mod and Palworld (where, yes, you can enslave your very own pal-car hybrid). 
You can now replace the cat from Stray with a Renault 5 E-Tech, or explore an underwater world in Subnautica inside one—I don't recommend submerging one in real life, though. And the really surprising thing is that these aren't half-arsed efforts. 
>> The article only has one screenshot and lists three of the mods, but it has the Renault page with the rest of them.

GAMING NEWS

Madden NFL 25 PC will be based on the next-gen version, will have a new dynamic physics-based tackling system
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/madden-nfl-25-pc-will-be-based-on-the-next-gen-version-will-have-a-new-dynamic-physics-based-tackling-system/
Electronic Arts and EA SPORTS today revealed EA SPORTS Madden NFL 25 which will be released on August 16. According to the teams, the PC version will be on par with the PS5 and Xbox Series X versions. This was to be expected as the PC version of Madden NFL 24 was also based on the next-gen console version. Still, it’s at least good to know that PC gamers won’t be treated as second class citizens.
>> The PS5/XboxX launched in 2020. Maybe it’s about time we stop calling them next-gen.

Here’s your first look at Insomniac’s Marvel’s Spider-Man 3
https://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot-news/heres-your-first-look-at-insomniacs-marvels-spider-man-3/
Now here is something crazy. The modding team behind the unofficial PC port of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 has managed to run an early build of Marvel’s Spider-Man 3 on PC. This may sound crazy but it’s legit, and below you can find the first screenshots from it.

Here’s how to enable AMD FSR 3.0 in ARK: Survival Ascended
https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/heres-how-to-enable-amd-fsr-3-0-in-ark-survival-ascended/
ARK: Survival Ascended is a “remake” of ARK: Survival Evolved in Unreal Engine 5. This game takes full advantage of both Nanite and Lumen, and it’s currently one of the most GPU-heavy UE5 out there. Thankfully, though, there is a way to enable AMD FSR 3.0 Frame Generation and Super Resolution so that you can significantly improve performance.
>> It involves tweaking the .ini file.

First details and concept art leaked for Monolith’s Wonder Woman
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/first-details-and-concept-art-leaked-for-monoliths-wonder-woman/
It appears that the first details and concept art for Monolith’s Wonder Woman game have been leaked online. These were included in an online marketing survey for Wonder Woman, meaning that they are legit. So, let’s take a look at them, shall we?

Here are 13 minutes of brand new leaked gameplay footage from Marvel’s Wolverine
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/here-are-13-minutes-of-brand-new-leaked-gameplay-footage-from-marvels-wolverine/
The Brazil Team, the modding team behind the unofficial PC ports of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 and Marvel’s Spider-Man 3, has shared a new PC build for Marvel’s Wolverine. As such, you can find below two gameplay videos from it.
>> It’s insane how much info we got from that leak.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Monday news, the second part:

Helldivers players saved the children, so Arrowhead Game Studios is making a donation to the Save the Children charity
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/third-person-shooter/helldivers-players-saved-the-children-so-arrowhead-game-studios-is-making-a-donation-to-the-save-the-children-charity/
Earlier this week, Helldivers 2 were faced with a terrible choice: A major order gave them the option of liberating the planet Marfark, which would grant access to a new strategem, or heading for Vernen Wells to save thousands of survivors trapped in Super Citizen Anne's Hospital for Very Sick Children—with no discernible reward. Despite the promise of new ways to blow things up, massive armies of Helldivers drove on Vernen Wells, forgoing more 'splosions in favor of saving the kids—and I think it's fair to say it was the right call.
"Since the Helldivers2 community chose to save the children, @arrowheadgs does the same," Arrowhead COO Johan Pilestedt tweeted. "We have made a donation to, well, Save the Children. Great job Divers!"

Elden Ring is getting a beefy content update with new inventory features and hairstyles alongside the Shadow of the Erdtree expansion
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/action/elden-ring-is-getting-a-beefy-content-update-with-new-inventory-features-and-hairstyles-alongside-the-shadow-of-the-erdtree-expansion/
With the long-awaited Elden Ring expansion Shadow of the Erdree now less than a week away, FromSoft has announced a beefy new content update for the base game that will include bug fixes, balance changes, and a number of new features, and also released a detailed breakdown of when exactly the expansion will unlock.

I asked Dark Souls director Miyazaki about his now-legendary Undead Dragon quote, and he had a great response: 'Something beautiful needs something depraved or tragic to embolden that beauty'
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/i-asked-dark-souls-director-hidetaka-miyazaki-about-his-now-legendary-undead-dragon-quote-and-he-had-a-great-response-something-beautiful-needs-something-depraved-or-tragic-to-embolden-that-beauty/
There may be no more effective way to tank a conversation than trying to explain a meme, but screw it—I knew I had to try. When I visited FromSoftware's offices in Tokyo to interview company president Hidetaka Miyazaki for PC Gamer's next cover story, I knew I had to ask him about my favorite bit of trivia from Dark Souls: the instructions he gave to the artist behind the Undead Dragon
>> He also says that there won’t be layoffs at From Software, at least while he’s the boss.

'I'm still in the process of making my ideal fantasy RPG,' says FromSoftware's Hidetaka Miyazaki: 'While Elden Ring is not quite it, it's getting close'
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/im-still-in-the-process-of-making-my-ideal-fantasy-rpg-says-fromsoftwares-hidetaka-miyazaki-while-elden-ring-is-not-quite-it-its-getting-close/
Before he owned videogames growing up, FromSoftware president Hidetaka Miyazaki loved tabletop RPGs and their source books full of quests and monsters. It's not hard to see that passion reflected in any of the games he's designed at FromSoftware, but Elden Ring particularly so: Its sprawling map echoes the kinds I loved to pore over and draw myself (poorly) as a kid, from Lord of the Rings' Middle-earth to Warcraft's Azeroth. Elden Ring also seems to directly connect back to the RPGs of the '80s with its skeleton-filled catacombs, like tabletop-style dungeons ripped straight from the pages of an AD&D campaign. 
>> Maybe that will involve co-op, given that he’s not against the mods that enable it and actually think they can take ideas from them.

I'm already in love with New Blood's latest, the pulp noir immersive sim Fallen Aces, and you can get it for just $10
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/fps/im-already-in-love-with-new-bloods-latest-the-pulp-noir-immersive-sim-fallen-aces-and-you-can-get-it-for-just-dollar10/
New Blood Interactive's pulp detective immersive sim Fallen Aces is out right now, but the price of the slapstick noir caper might be just as newsworthy: with its intro price and launch discount, Fallen Aces will only set you back $10, and after playing the first two of five levels in its intro episode, I think it's well worth that price.

Wizard with a Gun developer Galvanic Games is closing: 'Sales are not strong enough to sustain our studio'
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/action/wizard-with-a-gun-developer-galvanic-games-is-closing-sales-are-not-strong-enough-to-sustain-our-studio/
Wizard with a Gun is a top-down co-op roguelite about wizards who, as the title makes clear, are packing heat. It's really good—"a lean roguelite that never feels like it's wasting your time, even if it's got some rough edges," we said in our 80% review—but will be the last game from developer Galvanic Games, which announced today that it is closing.

Dragon Age: The Veilguard can be played entirely offline and won't have microtransactions: 'Our focus is on making this the most complete singleplayer game we possibly can'
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/dragon-age-the-veilguard-can-be-played-entirely-offline-and-wont-have-microtransactions-our-focus-is-on-making-this-the-most-complete-singleplayer-game-we-possibly-can/
As someone with an occasionally dodgy internet connection, videogames that require an internet connection even for solo play is a regular source of frustration. So I was very happy to hear that BioWare's upcoming Dragon Age: The Veilguard will not require an internet connection to play, nor will it offer any sort of microtransactions.
>> And it will also be mission based rather than open world.

Maxis canceled The Sims in the '90s, but it was saved by an unlikely hero: Electronic Arts
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/the-sims/maxis-had-canceled-the-sims-in-the-90s-but-it-was-saved-by-an-unlikely-hero-electronic-arts/
A world without The Sims is hard to imagine: countless virtual homes unbuilt, countless bizarre challenges unplayed, countless Sims untrapped in swimming pools without ladders. What kind of path would my life have taken if I hadn't been able to pack the first game full of mods so I could watch Batman and Gandalf be roommates? It's unthinkable, but it was nearly the world we got. In the late '90s, Maxis almost axed The Sims—not once, but multiple times.

Dying in Spelunky sometimes makes me mad, but it always just makes me laugh in comically brutal roguelike Lucky Tower Ultimate
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/roguelike/dying-in-spelunky-sometimes-makes-me-mad-but-it-always-just-makes-me-laugh-in-comically-brutal-roguelike-lucky-tower-ultimate/
You know in Spelunky when you spend a little too long on a level and a nearly invulnerable ghost that can instakill you appears and slowly chases you to the exit?
There's something like that in dungeon-crawling roguelike Lucky Tower Ultimate, only it's a naked purple dude with a giant hammer. And he's not slow or subtle: he sprints right at you, screaming at the top of his lungs. He also doesn't wait for you to spend too much time on a level: I've had him hammer me the second I opened the door to his room.

Files allegedly obtained in the 2021 CD Projekt hack indicate Cyberpunk 2077 was once planned to have a level or DLC set on the Moon
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/files-allegedly-obtained-in-the-2021-cd-projekt-hack-indicate-cyberpunk-2077-was-once-planned-to-have-a-level-or-dlc-set-on-the-moon/
First reported by Insider Gaming, users on 4chan have shared assets purportedly originating from the 2021 CD Projekt hack that show a lunar surface area either cut from Cyberpunk 2077 or intended for a canceled DLC.

The next game from Heaven's Vault studio Inkle is about a 1920s school for girls
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/visual-novel/the-next-game-from-heavens-vault-studio-inkle-is-about-a-1920s-school-for-girls/
Inkle's next game seems to be set in, or focused on, a boarding school for young girls in 1922. The tenatively-named Miss Mulligatawney's School for Promising Girls doesn't have many details yet but it's what they're working on after releasing A Highland Song late last year. The short descriptions available so far focus on a setting in an old nunnery, and details in the background of images seem to imply that there'll be some foul play—you know, like someone falling off a tall tower.

Total War: Warhammer 3's next DLC will focus on the ogres, the greenskins, and Khorne
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/strategy/total-war-warhammer-3s-next-dlc-will-focus-on-the-ogres-the-greenskins-and-khorne/
Total War: Warhammer 3 still isn't Total or Warhammer enough apparently, as Creative Assembly continues updating its strategy behemoth. While last year's roadmap suggested we should be expecting something Slaanesh-themed next, according to the latest news, shared by a community manager via Discord, "Khorne, Ogre Kingdoms, and Greenskins are taking centre stage for this next DLC and it's releasing later this year."

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

And well, today there’s a third part of the news:

As the newly released World of Warcraft was dominating the 2000s, Blizzard's then-president had his own priorities—working on StarCraft 1 patches
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rts/as-the-newly-released-world-of-warcraft-was-dominating-the-2000s-blizzards-then-president-had-his-own-prioritiesworking-on-starcraft-1-patches/
PC Gamer recently sat down with Obsidian CEO Feargus Urquhart during the summer game showcases in Los Angeles, and in a wide-ranging interview briefly talked about game preservation, and what studios can do with their older titles to keep them playable as long as possible. 
During a chat about a recent Pillars of Eternity patch (and the sad revelation that Obsidian is not working on an Unreal Engine 5 version of Alpha Protocol, darn), Urquhart recalled an anecdote about Blizzard in the 2000s.
Update: Blizzard co-founder and former CEO / President Mike Morhaime got back to PCG shortly after publication.

After 12 years at Blizzard, Warcraft general manager John Hight announces departure: 'I've been so honored to serve all of the heroes of Azeroth'
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/world-of-warcraft/after-12-years-at-blizzard-warcraft-general-manager-john-hight-announces-departure-ive-been-so-honored-to-serve-all-of-the-heroes-of-azeroth/
John Hight, leader of the Warcraft universe at Blizzard Entertainment, announced on his personal X account this week he was leaving the company for "a new quest."

Senior World of Warcraft dev says we might see single player 'story mode' versions of legacy raids in the future
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/world-of-warcraft/senior-world-of-warcraft-dev-says-we-might-see-single-player-story-mode-versions-of-legacy-raids-in-the-future/
One of the more interesting developments to come out of World of Warcraft's The War Within expansion debuting in August is the introduction of "story mode:" a single-player way to battle the last bosses of the game's raids, so that even solo players can experience the full narrative.
PC Gamer associate editor Tyler Colp had the opportunity to interview associate game director Morgan Day this week at Blizzard headquarters in Irvine, California. Day hinted that story mode might not just be for the expansion's new content.

Monster Hunter Stories finally has its PC port
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/monster-hunter-stories-has-finally-gotten-its-pc-port/
The very first Monster Hunter RPG is now available on PC via Steam in a remastered format with full voice acting. Monster Hunter Stories was first released in 2017 as a Nintendo 3DS game, and while its sequel got a release on PC in 2021 the first game hadn't made its way to a port yet. It's the story of a person who rides monsters and can befriend them.

Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP is coming in September
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/action/lollipop-chainsaw-repop-is-coming-in-september/
The remaster Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP will release this year, on September 25 2024. This new version of the 2012 cult classic zombie-chainsawing action game will undoubtedly cause as much of a stir as it did 12 years ago, mostly because it's very much as over the top as it was back then. Perhaps less outrageous, given the last 12 years of people behaving wildly on the internet, but still, here we are.

Classic indie Shovel Knight is geting a definitive edition
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/action/classic-indie-shovel-knight-is-geting-a-definitive-edition/
Yacht Club Games has announced Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope DX, an enhanced edition of the original Shovel Knight. The Shovel Knight series has been a fixture of indie gaming for a decade now, and this definitive version will be made with an aim at "preserving the game's historical functionality, ensuring these elements remain available for future generations of players" says Yacht Club.

Final Fantasy 14's healers have had enough and are going on strike, after streamer tears through Dawntrail's first dungeon preview without needing them at all
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/final-fantasy/final-fantasy-14-s-healers-have-had-enough-and-are-going-on-strike-after-streamer-tears-through-dawntrail-s-first-dungeon-preview-without-needing-them-at-all/
Final Fantasy 14, as I've previously discussed, is a little too straightforward when it comes to its casual fayre—though that's not to say said content is "bad". Dungeons are often pleasantly cinematic, with interesting mechanics and banger soundtracks. They're just… pretty easy.

Lords of the Fallen 2, which is technically Lords of the Fallen 3, is due in 2026 and will probably be an Epic exclusive
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/lords-of-the-fallen-2-which-is-technically-lords-of-the-fallen-3-is-due-in-2026-and-will-probably-be-an-epic-exclusive/
Hexworks' striking (but rather unfriendly) soulslike Lords of the Fallen is unsurprisingly getting the sequel treatment. (...)
Lords of the Fallen 2, which is technically Lords of the Fallen 3, is simply referred to as "Project 3" in the agreement between publisher CI Games and Epic Games, the latter of which now has exclusive rights to distribute the PC version. A trademark application from earlier in the year, however, suggests that its actual title will be Death of the Fallen, which I think we can all agree is better than Lords of the Fallen 2 (But Really 3). 

Baldur's Gate 3 fan discovers second, hidden approval score for Shadowheart that unlocks dialogue I've never seen in 300 hours of play
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/baldurs-gate-3-fan-discovers-second-hidden-approval-score-for-shadowheart-that-unlocks-dialogue-ive-never-seen-in-300-hours-of-play/
Companion approval is one of Baldur's Gate 3's main systems, the friendship meter that determines everything from major plot beats to what romance opportunities are available, but it turns out this isn't the only metric Larian used to track our relationships with companions. Spoilers for Shadowheart's story in Baldur's Gate 3 ahead.

Karlach's infernal engine was a late addition to her character in Baldur's Gate 3: 'One of the last things that fell into place was the heart'
https://www.pcgamer.com/games/baldurs-gate/karlach-s-infernal-engine-was-a-late-addition-to-her-character-in-baldur-s-gate-3-one-of-the-last-things-that-fell-into-place-was-the-heart/
Karlach is one of Baldur's Gate 3's most beloved characters—and for plenty of good reasons. She's big, has potent golden retriever energy, and can probably bench press me—but she's also, like a lot of the game's cast, spectacularly well-written. Her journey of betrayal and punk-rock redemption is compelling and moving, to the point where the lack of a "perfect" ending was a point of controversy.
(...)
Regardless, Karlach's missing heart felt like such a central pillar of the character that I was shocked to learn, while attending BAFTA's "An Evening with Baldur’s Gate 3", that it was actually a somewhat late edition to everyone's favourite big tiefling wife.

BasilZero said:

I wont be surprised if we see those games back on Steam again, kinda like how Ubisoft and EA had said that they were stopping to release their games but eventually came back.

Hell, even Atlus and Blizzard games are coming out on Steam, never say never :p

Trust me Basil lol, when I say this; Timmy is a shrewd and arrogant child of a man. He would rather die than accept that Valve worked their asses off to get to where they are today, and to sell on that storefront. The fact he bought those games and tied them to V-Bucks, as well as cutting off any future Steam customers for those games is enough to tell me that the guy really, really hates Steam.

I won't say never, but like, I dunno about our lifetime lol, maybe when Timmy has passed on and some actual fresh young blood takes over and isn't a complete boomer with a childish ego complex like Timmy has. 

I've talked to him multiple times on Twitter before, and he has a very "I'll never budge" kind of mentality, and always comes up with the most convenient of excuses as to why Epic acts the way it does, and why he'll never do business with Valve. He always likes to claim "when they lower their cut to ours, then we'll lower the barriers", but I know that's not how businesses work, and I know he wouldn't give it all up so easily. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 17 June 2024

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

Trust me Basil lol, when I say this; Timmy is a shrewd and arrogant child of a man. He would rather die than accept that Valve worked their asses off to get to where they are today, and to sell on that storefront. The fact he bought those games and tied them to V-Bucks, as well as cutting off any future Steam customers for those games is enough to tell me that the guy really, really hates Steam.

I won't say never, but like, I dunno about our lifetime lol, maybe when Timmy has passed on and some actual fresh young blood takes over and isn't a complete boomer with a childish ego complex like Timmy has. 

I've talked to him multiple times on Twitter before, and he has a very "I'll never budge" kind of mentality, and always comes up with the most convenient of excuses as to why Epic acts the way it does, and why he'll never do business with Valve. He always likes to claim "when they lower their cut to ours, then we'll lower the barriers", but I know that's not how businesses work, and I know he wouldn't give it all up so easily. 

He wont budge yet but will eventually, EGS is bleeding them a lot and the only reason why they lasted so long is because Fortnite/Vbucks.

I think half of the reason why they bought out those games is because of his hate for Steam but also for the fact they know that Fortnite wont last forever. I dont know if he's the one who greenlit it or someone who works with them pushed for it but since they laid off the guy who helped him push the propaganda machine for EGS and the deals changed, I cant see them staying the way they are.

Money talks and eventually when enough red is on their financial numbers, he'll start sounding different.

Also I still cant believe he goes on social media and argues and tells his opinion out loud like that , thats bad PR lol.