By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Chazore said:
Chrkeller said:

Anyone know if Last of Us on PC has been fixed? I'd like to give it a go but heard horror stories on performance.

I don't own the game, but I decided to take a gander at Steam forums to gage for any outstanding issues and there are some from what I can see:

A quick trip to PCGaming Wiki shows me that there are still some unresolved issues, but there are user fixes that can be made in some areas (particularly Nvidia based). 

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Last_of_Us_Part_I

Going by what I've found, it seems somewhat fixed, but there are still issues that really should be fully ironed out to make performance much smoother and crashes fewer. As a personal note, I tend to avoid games that come out the gate running like ass, because if it's AAA, their chances of fixing things to make it all smooth are lower vs Indie devs who actually rely on rep/early sales and try to work on perf, AAA just pocket the money half the time and run with it (Unless you're CDPR and your rep tanks so hard during 2077's release that they had to fix issues or face cases).

Thanks for the information.  I tend to agree with you and may just pass on the game.  I do not like rewarding bad behavior via lazy ports.  My $60 is better off on a good port.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

Thanks for the information.  I tend to agree with you and may just pass on the game.  I do not like rewarding bad behavior via lazy ports.  My $60 is better off on a good port.  

It's no worries. It's down to Sony to see the issues and fix it themselves as they are the ones who lose out on those extra sales. I've reached that point in my life that if a game comes out the gate bad and doesn't sort itself out in a half year, I don't bother buying it, or in the case of HD2, I stop playing it.

I do the same with EGS exclusives. Been 4-5yrs now and I've not bought a single game that was exclusive to them, because I don't like to reward being regarded as a "second sales boost" (honestly saved me money and got me to actually look into other games that were on Steam, like deserving indies). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

It's worth noting that the "out of memory" issue mentioned in those discussions is an Nvidia problem that they introduced by something they did with their 555.85 drivers and haven't been fixed yet.

So, not all the problems are from the quality of the port.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

BasilZero said:
HoloDust said:

Oh, didn't know that...nice.

I'm not a big fan of lot of DS remake's stylistic decisions, it lost quite a bit in translation, but I'll be happy to acquire it once it pops up for PC.

Not all but majority I should have said

According to whats been out...

Sony:

• Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Edition = ✓

• HELLDIVERS 2 = ✓

• Horizon Forbidden West = ✓ (2024)

• GT7 = X

• Déraciné = X

• God of War = ✓

• Returnal = ✓

• Demon Souls = X

• Ratchet and Clank (no specified game) = ✓ (Was Rift Apart)

• Sackboy: A Big Adventure = ✓

• Ghost of Tsushima = ✓ (May 16 2024)

So Gran Turismo 7, Deracine and Demon's Souls.

Never heard of Deracine - looked it up and apparently its a Sony published game and developed by FromSoftware as well.

Edit: Oh its a VR game , thats why lmao

Well with the adapter for PSVR for PC , I can see this coming.

Anyways, with only 3 games remaining - I wonder what else is coming. There's been a few games that came out that were not on the Nvidia leak such as

The Last of Us Part I
Marvel's Spiderman 1
Marvel's Spiderman Miles Morales
Days Gone
Horizon Zero Dawn
Predator Hunting Grounds
Everyone's Gone To The Rapture
Helldivers 1

Its worth mentioning that Last of Us Part 2 and Gravity Rush 2 are rumored as well - oh and LEGO Horizon is confirmed too.

Yeah, I don't know how I missed that list...last thing I've heard are rumors around possible PC  port of Infamous Second Son.

It seems FF16 and FF9 Remake will also be on Epic first before to be on Steam.

Around the Network
-Adonis- said:

FF9 remake?!!?  :;

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Chrkeller said:
-Adonis- said:

Ya living under a rock mate? :D

That's one of the industry's worst-kept secrets these days. First with the legendary Nvidia leak and now with Epic's.

haxxiy said:
Chrkeller said:

Ya living under a rock mate? :D

That's one of the industry's worst-kept secrets these days. First with the legendary Nvidia leak and now with Epic's.

Apparently the answer is "yes."  I hadn't heard.  Wow, that is awesome.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

-Adonis- said:

Where'd you hear this from?

Edit: Oh you are talking about the EpicDB leak.

I hope both come to Steam day 1 since it looks like SE is looking to be more multiplat but who knows.

---

• Turok - Saber Interactive seems to be working on a potential Turok remake/remaster
  • Final Fantasy 9 - The heavily rumored Final Fantasy 9 remake is basically confirmed to be real, and the list refers to some pre-order bonus DLCs as well.
  • Final Fantasy 16 PC port - The FF16 PC port was confirmed by Square Enix recently, so this tracks.
  • The Last of Us PC port - PlayStation has been releasing ports of its PS4/PS5 exclusives quite frequently, so this may be arriving after God of War: Ragnarok.
  • BioShock 4 - While Ken Levine is busy making Judas, BioShock 4 is being made by the new studio Cloud Chamber under 2K.
  • Red Dead Redemption PC port - Rockstar Games has only one project listed, codenamed "Semla" which most likely is a PC port for RDR1 based on its file size.
  • Remnant 3 - THQ Nordic may be working to close out the Remnant trilogy.
  • Rise of the Ronin PC port - The codename "Kondo" may be referring to a PC port of the recent PS5 exclusive. 

https://www.mensjournal.com/videogames/epic-games-store-leak-2024-list

I'm excited for Bioshock 4 lol (despite wanting a FF9 remake for a long time, its still my most anticipated game :p).

Chrkeller said:
-Adonis- said:

It was revealed in the Nvidia leak alongside FF Tactics remaster.