By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Apple Suffered Longest Revenue Dip In More Than Two Decades This Year, With Rival Firms Performing Better In The 12-Month Period

https://wccftech.com/apple-suffered-longest-revenue-slump-in-more-than-two-decades/

"Fortunately, despite these gains, Apple generated an impressive $383 billion in revenue for fiscal 2023 while pocketing $97 billion in profit."

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

Seriously considering buying the Ayaneo Flip DS over a Steamdeck or other handheld.
Might be the first handheld that will competently manage all my handheld gaming needs?

Has the horsepower to do N64, PS1, DS, 3DS, Gamecube, Dreamcast, PS2, Switch and PC.

7" 1080P 120hz top display, 3.5" Multi-touch bottom display.
Ryzen 8840u, probably a choice of 16GB or 32GB of Ram and a 512-1TB-2TB-4TB SSD as usual.

...Could sell my 3DS at current market rates to pay for one of these ironically enough.

Wait a minute. What do you mean with that? There's no way people are paying that much for a 3DS, right?

Conina said:

Apple Suffered Longest Revenue Dip In More Than Two Decades This Year, With Rival Firms Performing Better In The 12-Month Period

https://wccftech.com/apple-suffered-longest-revenue-slump-in-more-than-two-decades/

"Fortunately, despite these gains, Apple generated an impressive $383 billion in revenue for fiscal 2023 while pocketing $97 billion in profit."

You're right, but shareholders won't see it the same way. If Tim Cook doesn't manage to turn things around next year, they could give him the boot and put someone else at the helm of Apple to try to bring back the ridiculous amount of money they made all these years.

That is, sadly, how things work nowadays. It doesn't matter that you make a profit, even a big one. If you don't meet the expected results, even if they're ridiculous, you're doing it wrong.

Look at Bungie and Destiny 2. It's one of the 12 Platinum games in Steam's top earning games of the year, yet it hasn't meet the projected profits and had to kick out a bunch of people.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

Wait a minute. What do you mean with that? There's no way people are paying that much for a 3DS, right?

Some people are selling it for more than current gen consoles.

Depends on the model - like limited editions sell for a lot more than standard versions.

BasilZero said:
JEMC said:

Some people are selling it for more than current gen consoles.

Depends on the model - like limited editions sell for a lot more than standard versions.

Every day that passes I understand people less.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

If you're interested, today's free game at the Epic Store is Saints Row. Yes, the new one that everybody complained about. It can be your chance to play it for free and see if it's as bad as everybody said it was: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/saints-row

Around the Network
JEMC said:

That is, sadly, how things work nowadays. It doesn't matter that you make a profit, even a big one. If you don't meet the expected results, even if they're ridiculous, you're doing it wrong.

Look at Bungie and Destiny 2. It's one of the 12 Platinum games in Steam's top earning games of the year, yet it hasn't meet the projected profits and had to kick out a bunch of people.

That's exactly what i thought about Youtube and their ads. They are making money they just feel like they could be making a lot more.

Pemalite said:

Seriously considering buying the Ayaneo Flip DS over a Steamdeck or other handheld.
Might be the first handheld that will competently manage all my handheld gaming needs?

Has the horsepower to do N64, PS1, DS, 3DS, Gamecube, Dreamcast, PS2, Switch and PC.

Ryzen 8840u, probably a choice of 16GB or 32GB of Ram and a 512-1TB-2TB-4TB SSD as usual.

...Could sell my 3DS at current market rates to pay for one of these ironically enough.

The price of that handheld, especially 32GB + 1TB option will be over $1000 USD easily. But the problem that I always had with buying a GPD Win 2 which also has a clam shell design is the customer support from these Chinese companies when anything goes wrong. If there are any issues or defects and such... Good Luck as it has always been a pain to get support/RMA and these companies are writing their own drivers and etc to make things work on the software side. While CPU/GPU drivers are coming from AMD, there's controller drivers, screen drivers and etc that all need to work.

If you are gonna buy one, I'd suggest waiting till all the issues have been ironed out otherwise you may be stuck with a dud trying to get customer support working.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

JEMC said:

If you're interested, today's free game at the Epic Store is Saints Row. Yes, the new one that everybody complained about. It can be your chance to play it for free and see if it's as bad as everybody said it was: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/saints-row

Sadly, might be the last Saints Row game we'll see in a long time cause it bombed so hard.

BasilZero said:

Sadly, might be the last Saints Row game we'll see in a long time cause it bombed so hard.

The studio also got folded into Gearbox, but even then, by the time that SR game came about, the majority of the studio's vets were already gone, so really there cannot be another SR game like the first 2-3, because the people that helped make those games what they are, have split up.

It also didn't help that the new devs working at that studio were actively going out of their way to antagonise it's audience from the start of marketing to the game's release (which in turn caused a level of distrust towards that studio, and to me personally, which has caused even more of a rift between me trusting devs in general). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

JEMC said:
Pemalite said:

A New 3DS XL loaded with a ton of digital games can sell for over $1,000 AUD... Especially so as the online store has closed, meaning some games will never be obtainable otherwise.
Case in point: Minecraft 3DS edition was never released in physical in PAL/Australia and now the digital store is closed.

If it's a limited edition and in very good condition like my Samus Returns 3DS... Then that is an extra premium on top.

The price of that handheld, especially 32GB + 1TB option will be over $1000 USD easily. But the problem that I always had with buying a GPD Win 2 which also has a clam shell design is the customer support from these Chinese companies when anything goes wrong. If there are any issues or defects and such... Good Luck as it has always been a pain to get support/RMA and these companies are writing their own drivers and etc to make things work on the software side. While CPU/GPU drivers are coming from AMD, there's controller drivers, screen drivers and etc that all need to work.

If you are gonna buy one, I'd suggest waiting till all the issues have been ironed out otherwise you may be stuck with a dud trying to get customer support working.

To be fair though, I have never used any support/RMA from an overseas company, for an electronics platform in the 20+ years of my computing endeavours.
Because of Australian law, my warranty is to be dealt with the place of purchase and not the company that manufactures the product, so that definitely changes things for the better, especially if you buy from an Australian retailer.

...But we also need to remember that we are also not your normal computer muggles, so we have a higher level of understanding to fix and repair our devices.

Case in point... I have had a JXD S7800 handheld tablet since 2015, powered it on yesterday only for all data to be wiped... So a trip to the internets and an hour later with a fresh OS installed, it was happy as larry.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--