By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Been a while since I posted here.

Been mainly focusing on Street Fighter V.

I finally finished the Arcade mode in its entirety (SF1, 2, 3, 4, Alpha and 5 modes) and the Character stories for all 45+ characters.

Took me 50 hours.

I'm about to do the main story mode - A Shadow Falls which I heard is like 2-3 hours long.

Around the Network

Okay since we are so serious on this thread, I admit, Ada Wong in RE4 Remake is the hottest video game character OF ALL TIME !

I finished playing Street Fighter V on Steam/PC.

(Note for fighting games, I only do the Arcade mode (with all characters) and story mode if there is one - no online or extra stuff like the survival, time attack, etc).

95 out of 100. I really enjoyed it.

+More than 40 playable characters
+Arcade mode is pretty long, took me 45 hours to beat
+Story mode consist of Character stories which took me 5 hours and the main story mode which took me 3 hours.

-Online connection at start up and blocks you off from fight money if you do not connect, also disconnects a lot and needs to re-connect (upon start up).
-DLC (characters, costumes and stages) are costly.

Score wise comparison for all the games I played in the series....

Street Fighter II The World Warrior (SNES): 75
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting (SNES): 79
Street Fighter II The New Challengers (SNES): 85
Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival (GBA): N/A
Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold (SNES): N/A
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max (PSP): N/A
Super Street Fighter IV 3D (3DS): 82
Street Fighter V (PC): 95

---

I am downloading Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag on Steam now - but not gonna play it yet, I'll start playing it once I'm done with the next two games I am planning to play which are Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 for PS3 (wish me luck lol) and Super Mario RPG for Switch when it comes out in less than 2 weeks.

I'm also still playing Final Fantasy VI (mobile remake) and Borderlands GOTY Enhanced on Steam but holding them off for now.

Last edited by BasilZero - on 05 November 2023

I did AC4 recently and it was way better than the new ones.

Damn!

I didnt realize my Street Fighter V playthrough ended almost exactly a year after my Tekken 7 playthrough

Around the Network

Updated my Steam Featured game showcase (which shows all the games I finished recently - at least the last 12 games on Steam I beat).

^I got into Left 4 Dead 2 a bit late, and now I'm somewhat desperately waiting for Valve to hopefully bring another event that would allow me to get the Good Guy Nick achievement... Not looking great, considering I've been waiting for many years now. I'm a bit jealous now.

Zkuq said:

^I got into Left 4 Dead 2 a bit late, and now I'm somewhat desperately waiting for Valve to hopefully bring another event that would allow me to get the Good Guy Nick achievement... Not looking great, considering I've been waiting for many years now. I'm a bit jealous now.

I think it was a coincidence that I ended up playing with them, didnt realize it was a free weekend thing until I just looked it up lol.

I unlocked it back in July of 2013 though...so ya its been 10+ years lol.

BasilZero said:

Updated my Steam Featured game showcase (which shows all the games I finished recently - at least the last 12 games on Steam I beat).

4300 games, 6000+ wishlisted... how do you even find the games on steam when you want to play or install them?

Here come the Monday news!

SALES /PLAYER COUNT & DEALS

The return of Fortnite's original map brings a record-setting 6M concurrent players to the battle royale island
https://www.pcgamer.com/the-return-of-fortnites-original-map-brings-a-record-setting-6m-players-to-the-game/
Fortnite has set a new all-time concurrent player record, with tracker fortnite.gg reporting 6.1 million concurrent players as the game's all-time peak yesterday, November 4 2023. That new total of 6,172,463 people online at once might be chalked up to the Fortnite Chapter 4 release, Fortnite OG, which brings back the original island and weapons, along with some early gadgets, from the heady days of Fortnite's 2018 success. As of press time, Fortnite is holding at just over 5.5 million players.

GOG has two new deals:

It first launched last week as a Humble Bundle, but now the Humble Store has the IGN 9 and Up Sale, with up to 90% deals during 4 days. There are keys for Steam, GOG, EG and direct downloads: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/ign-9-and-up-sale/.

Fanatical brings three new 24 hours Flash Deals and a bundle:

SOFTWARE & DRIVERS

-Empty-

MODS, EMULATORS & FAN PROJECTS

Valheim gets a Diablo Immortal-inspired 8K map
https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/valheim-gets-a-diablo-immortal-inspired-8k-map/
Modder ‘Volkoz’ has released a very cool 8K map for Valheim that is heavily inspired by Blizzard’s Diablo Immortal. This is a custom map that a lot of Diablo fans will appreciate, so be sure to check it out.
This custom world for Better Continents mod brings to the game the Sanctuary map from Diablo Immortal. The map is made using Gaea and boasts an 8K heightmap, making it look great. This Diablo Immortal map features villages, cities to check out, and rivers and seas to explore by boat. It’s a pretty cool mod for all Diablo fans.
>> The article has some screenshots.

Dark Souls Remastered gets a mod that eliminates texture LOD pop-in
https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/dark-souls-remastered-gets-a-mod-that-eliminates-texture-lod-pop-in/
Yesterday, we informed you about a mod for Dark Souls 2 that enhanced its view distance and got rid of its texture LOD pop-ins. Well, today we’ve got good news: there’s a similar mod now available for Dark Souls Remastered.
Created by modder ‘libretro’, this mod eliminates texture LOD pop-in and renders everything. Or at least that’s what the modder claims. The mod also vastly increases draw distance, something that a lot of Dark Souls fans will appreciate.
Since this mod increases the view distance, it can change how you deal with enemies. With better sight of enemies in the distance, you have now even more options. For example, you can use ranged weapons to attack them. Not only that but it will be easier to dodge their attacks.
>> The article has no screenshots nor videos.

Cyberpunk 2077 gets an AI-powered The Witcher 3 Voice Mod
https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/cyberpunk-2077-gets-an-ai-powered-the-witcher-3-voice-mod/
A few days ago, we shared some cool AI mods for Cyberpunk 2077. These mods let you use the voices of famous actors like Harrison Ford and Scarlett Johansson, as well as the character Niko Bellic. And now, we’ve got a new mod that adds the voice of Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher series to the game.
To be honest, I thought CD Projekt RED would do something like this themselves. It would be cool if they recorded some extra lines with the Ciri and Geralt voice actors in CP2077. This idea had so much potential. Remember, Ciri mentioned visiting a sci-fi world in The Witcher 3, so it could be a fun nod to that.
But anyway, this AI-powered mod replaces the voice of Johnny Silverhand with Geralt of Rivia. As said, in order to create this mod, MamaJade used AI tools. And while the result is quite good, I really can’t see myself using it. In all honesty, it would make more sense to replace V’s with Geralt’s voice.
>> There's a roughly 2 minutes video of the mod.

Cyberpunk 2077 gets an amazing AI-powered Deus Ex Voice Mod
https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/cyberpunk-2077-gets-an-amazing-ai-powered-deus-ex-voice-mod/
Now here is an incredible mod for Cyberpunk 2077 that I’ll be using in my next playthrough. Modder ‘Lenetto’ has shared this AI-powered mod that replaces V’s voice with JC Denton’s from the first Deus Ex game.
Deus Ex takes place in a sci-fi cyberpunk world. As such, JC Denton fits like a glove in Cyberpunk 2077. Let’s also not forget that V gets mechanical upgrades which are similar to JC Denton’s augmentations.
This appears to be one of the best AI voice mods for Cyberpunk 2077. As you can see in the video, the AI-powered voice of JC Denton sounds exactly like him. It’s a shame we never got an official Deus Ex x Cyberpunk 2077 DLC but this is the next best thing. And as I said, I’ll certainly use it in my next playthrough.
>> The video is 80 second long.

Icewind Dale 2: Enhanced Edition is now available for download
https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/icewind-dale-2-enhanced-edition-is-now-available-for-download/
The Red Chimera Group has launched an Enhanced Edition of Bioware’s old-school RPG from 2002, Icewind Dale 2. Icewind Dale 2: Enhance Edition is a must-have for those who want to revisit this game. This mod includes many improvements, fixes, and changes, and below keep reading to find its key features.
This mod makes a lot of changes to the game. It updates more than 300 spells and more than 800 items. Plus, it adds over 110 brand new spells, 170 fresh magic items, and 30 new feats. It also allows some of the IWD2 characters like Veira, Vrek Vileclaw, Xhaan, Zack Boosenburry, and his spider mount, Aocha, to join your party. And, to make things even better, IWD2EE comes with cool improvements like quickloot and much faster load times.
The mod also comes with some important fixes. For example, you won’t have to deal with the annoying and confusing puzzles in certain areas anymore. In Heart of Fury Mode, enemies are more interestingly challenging instead of just having tons of health. And, you can revise the experience system, so you won’t get zero experience for defeating late-game enemies. Pretty cool changes, right?
It’s important to note that the mod makes some changes to the game’s quests. It makes them less complicated, so you don’t have to go back and forth as much. Additionally, it gives you more ways to solve them. Also, it adjusts encounter level-scaling, adds “attacks of opportunity,” and raises the highest level you can reach in the game.
>> The article has a very, very long video of the mod (over 1.5 hours)

Mass Effect 2 Legendary Edition gets new Unofficial Patch, featuring over 150 fixes, changes, tweaks and improvements
https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/mass-effect-2-legendary-edition-unofficial-patch-150-fixes-changes-tweaks/
The modding team behind the Mass Effect 2 Legendary Edition Unofficial Patch has just put out a new version of it. According to its changelog, the Unofficial LE2 Update 0.9.5 includes more than 150 fixes and improvements to the game. In short, it’s a must-have mod for all ME2 fans out there.
In this latest patch, the team has fixed the lighting on the Illusive Man’s floor to make it look right. It has also made big improvements to level collision and cover systems.
The modders have also fixed the shadows and UV mapping issues on lots of Omega doors. Plus, they added dust in places where it was missing before, so now you’ll see dust where it’s supposed to be.
This patch also has a bunch of fixes and improvements for all the different places and hubs in the game. For example, the team improved the squad lighting in landing cinematics. It has also fixed things like objects floating in the air and materials not looking right on some things.
>> There's a video in the article, but it's the official launch trailer for the legendary edition games.

Starfield mod lets you pilot your ship by remote control, even when you're not on board
https://www.pcgamer.com/starfield-mod-lets-you-pilot-your-ship-by-remote-control-even-when-youre-not-on-board/
The best part of Starfield is undeniably your spaceship, which can be customized or built from scratch to look like anything from a cute little ladybug to a massive Star Destroyer.
So it's kind of a shame you don't have more control over your ship in Starfield. You can fight battles while hovering in orbit, but once you're inside a planet's atmosphere, all you can really do is watch your ship land and take off in a cinematic sequence. Our mobile space bases should be able to do more than that, shouldn't they?
Now they can. The Summoning of Ship mod by modder wSkeever gives your character something every futuristic space traveler should have: a multipurpose remote control. Now you can take off and land your ship while you're not even on it. Or, while you're on it but not sitting in the cockpit. Cool.
>> There's an almost 4 minutes video of the mod.

One determined modder managed to cram Elden Ring's hardest boss into Sekiro, and she hardly seems to stand a chance
https://www.pcgamer.com/one-determined-modder-managed-to-cram-elden-rings-hardest-boss-into-sekiro-and-she-hardly-seems-to-stand-a-chance/
It always kind of felt like Elden Ring's super hard megaboss Malenia was a transplant from Sekiro, FromSoftware's fast-paced, parry-focused ninja action game. Her aggressive swordplay could just about do laps around my sluggish Tarnished⁠—she almost seems to demand a Wolf's precision.
Enter the Land of Reeds mod from Last孤影众 (Gūyǐng zhòng), a Chinese gamer primarily active on Bilibili. The mod seems to be a strange sort of gaiden remix of Sekiro, changing multiple areas and, most notably, porting three iconic bosses from other FromSoftware games into Sekiro, including the now iconic rot valkyrie herself, Malenia.
I'm not sure I'd recommend playing the mod itself in its current state. Its Nexus page seems to host an out-of-date version, with multiple YouTube showcases of the project instead linking to a Google Drive directory I can't personally vouch for that also lacks installation instructions, and I've seen mention of save file issues with its use. That said, I can recommend catching the mod in action from Souls YouTubers like Ongbal, a noted maestro of no-hit and challenge runs against Soulsborne bosses.
>> There's a 3 minutes video (plus one second) of the mod.

GAMING NEWS

Someone is selling the free Unreal Engine 5 The Matrix Awakens Demo on Steam
https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/someone-is-selling-the-free-unreal-engine-5-the-matrix-awakens-demo-on-steam/
Do you remember that cool Unreal Engine 5 The Matrix Awakens Megacity Demo? You know, the one you can get for free on the Epic Marketplace. Well, guess what? There’s someone trying to sell it on Steam.
Titled “Matrix World “, this is simply a packaged version of the Megacity Tech Demo and nothing more. This is a scam and since we know that some folks from Epic Games read us, we wanted to raise awareness. So, hopefully, Epic will work with Valve in order to take it down.

Alan Wake 2 is NOT using full Path Tracing effects
https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/alan-wake-2-is-not-using-full-path-tracing-effects/
Before Alan Wake 2 came out, Remedy and NVIDIA were advertising it as a game that would feature full Path Tracing. But when the game came out, it appeared to have numerous issues. In our eyes, the game didn’t use full Path Tracing effects. We wrote about this in the past, and some people heavily criticized us. However, in its latest PC video, DigitalFoundry came to the same conclusion. DF found that Alan Wake 2 doesn’t use the full suite of Ray Tracing. So, it seems like we were right all along.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.