By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Chazore said:
JEMC said:

*snip*

I mean, they likely did, but this mentality of living from exclusive deal to exclusive deal vs making big bank and then funding your own projects feels like a short term move than a long-term one. Remedy afaik has been living on these deals for years and years now, while others are either making a few hits, not needing exclusivity deals, or merging with a publisher and getting that blank cheque to do as they wish.

Remedy designs and works around big scope games, and those need budgets that are too big for Remedy. Asking them to develop smaller scale games would be going against their nature.

As for merging with a publisher, nowadays that's far from being a guarantee. One mistake and you're going to let go part of your staff or being shot down. Besides, they would only work on what the publisher asks them to do, not what they want.

Chazore said:

The reason why I said "they wanna be", is mostly down to their visual/spectacle outlook for their games, especially when you look at control, the game that came out a year before 2077 and boasted it's own host of RT effects and high system req's, and even AWK is continuing this trend. I've seen 2077 being played on a myriad of hw, but I'm not hearing stories about potato PC's running Control or the like, Remedy doesn't get that kind of magnifying glass treatment.

I just looked SteamDB. Control has an all-time peak player count of 9200 while Cyberpunk's is over 1 million. Remedy/Control doesn't get that much exposure because they simply don't sell as much.

And just to be clear, I know that it's not a fair comparison because Control launched on the EGS and they even gave it away for free, but that's over 100 times less players.

Chazore said:

I just don't expect many to be playing this game on PC, simply due to the stupidly high hq req's, the storefront deal, and the fact that ppl still aren't aware AW1 remaster is on PC (just locked to EGS, you know, like KH collection, that ppl once again do not know about). So really you're going to hope ppl all bought an Xbox 360 in the past to play the original, or played the remaster on consoles. I just flat out do not see the fanfare or sales for this in so many ways.

I haven't mentioned anything about shitty optimisation because I'll be real with you; I fully expect shitty optimisation with all AAA games these days. Remedy is really no exception to that rule. 

I think this game is going to get buried under all the other releases, and it's likely poor performance and reach is not going to help either. I know they are getting that EGS cash, but that cash is not going to last them a lifetime, and Epic as you know is trying to cut down on expenses, hence why Remedy magically turns around to say "yeah nah, we ain't doing physical copies", which is funny, because everyone else is for the most part, but Epic clearly doesn't want to pay any extra costs they can afford to pay (that and they would rather have everything digital, I now what they want). 

I think there's little to no hype for Alan Wake 2 and that sales won't be great at launch but, if the game is good, it can end having good legs. Enough to call it a success? I don't know.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

No release date yet

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

JEMC said:
Zkuq said:

OK, the performance of Cities: Skylines II sounds way worse than I was expecting, and... it's GPU-bound. Wow. At least that means it should be possible to optimize it (the simulation shouldn't be the culprit), but it's really bad at the moment. It sounds like there are a few settings you can lower to squeeze somewhat decent performance, but optimization-wise, definitely seems like an early release. I guess releasing now might kind of make sense it the settings can be tweaked for tolerable performance, but performance still seems abysmal. Definitely going to have to watch the performance situation closely in the coming days.

Disappointing, but not that surprising. They should have delayed the game.

By the way, PCGamer has published its review of the game: https://www.pcgamer.com/cities-skylines-2-review/

They've given it a 77 compared to the 86 of the first one.

From some tests I read that it's mostly due to the fact that it simulates Every. Single. Inhabitant walking and driving around. Of course if you have a big city, having so many citizens buzzing around will result in so many calls that it even breaks a 4090, especially cince there's no fog anymore that could hide it like in it's predecessor.

What?! It's Monday already? *Ugh* Let's... just do the news:

SALES /PLAYER COUNT & DEALS

GOG has four new deals, two 46 hours DotDs and two sales:

Steam has two new deals:

There's a new Humble Bundle: the Sid Meier's Ultimate Collection: One More Turn, with 20 games and a coupon, that will last 11 days: https://www.humblebundle.com/games/sid-meiers-ultimate-collection-one-more-turn.

And, finally, there's Fanatical, with new deals, sales and bundles:

SOFTWARE & DRIVERS

Inkle's scripting language, Ink, has Unreal integration thanks to Bloodlines 2 developers The Chinese Room
https://www.pcgamer.com/inkles-scripting-language-ink-has-unreal-integration-thanks-to-bloodlines-2-developers-the-chinese-room/
You may know Inkle from interactive storygames like 80 Days, Heaven's Vault, Overboard!, and the Steve Jackson's Sorcery! Series. All of these games were made with Ink, a scripting language the studio created that uses markup instead of script, and came with Unity integration built-in. Given how badly Unity dropped the ball then also tripped over the ball then ate the ball while rolling around in dirt this year, it makes sense developers with an interest in using Ink might want to divorce it from Unity.
Now they can, thanks to Nick Slaven, technical director at The Chinese Room, the studio that made its name with a Half-Life 2 mod turned foundational walking sim, Dear Esther—though nowadays it's working on nautical horror game Still Wakes the Deep and long-awaited RPG sequel Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2.
The Unreal Engine plugin for Ink is called Inkpot, and like Ink it's open source. You can download Inkpot from The Chinese Room's Github page. It'll work with any version of Unreal from 5.3 onward, and Ink version 20.

MODS, EMULATORS & FAN PROJECTS

Red Dead Redemption 2 gets a Realistic Euphoria Physics Mod
https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/red-dead-redemption-2-gets-a-realistic-euphoria-physics-mod/
Modder ‘hunter14322’ just dropped a cool new mod for Red Dead Redemption 2. This mod is all about making the Euphoria Physics Engine in the game super realistic. It’s like taking the physics in the game and making them as real as can be. So, if you’re a fan of the game and want to see some mind-blowing physics, this mod is where it’s at.
This mod allows NPCs to stiffen up when shot. NPCs will stumble less, will fall down more easily when shot, and they will roll in pain when shot enough times. Moreover, players and NPCs will curl up into a ball when falling down a mountain, and there is also a rare “knockout” move. Players can also expect realistic bullet forces.
But there’s a little hitch – the modder didn’t share any videos comparing the regular game physics to the modded ones. So, we’re in the dark about whether this mod is really worth your time or not. We also can’t say for sure if it’s a big improvement over the D.R.O (DRAMATIC RAGDOLL OVERHAUL Mod), which is also made by hunter14322. At the end of the article, you’ll find a video that demonstrates this specific mod, so don’t forget to check it out.

New Cyberpunk 2077 Mod for Version 2.0 further improves its Police System
https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/new-cyberpunk-2077-mod-for-version-2-0-further-improves-its-police-system/
Modder ‘Yorpie’ shared a new mod for Cyberpunk 2077. This mod is all about making the police system in the game even better. It takes what the developers did to improve the law enforcement system and makes it even cooler.
Let’s now dive deeper into this Law Enforcement Overhaul Mod. The mod adds a bunch of new types of police units and vehicles that can come after you. This means you might get chased by tough SWAT trucks, giant Mechs, techy Netwatch agents, county sheriffs, detectives, and MaxTac ground vehicles.
The mod also makes some small but handy changes. The way the police react now will depend on where you are in the city. In high-class areas, you’ll notice the newer police cars, but in the poorer parts of town, you’ll see the older ones. Plus, it’ll take longer to shake off the cops when they’re after you.
To wrap it up, the mod also changes how many police show up when you’re in trouble. When your wanted level is low, only a few cops will come, and they’ll take their time getting there, just like in real life. But when things get really intense, you’ll see a bit more police action.
>> The article has no screenshots nor video of the mod.

Fallout New Vegas gets a must-have mod that reduces landscape texture seams
https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/fallout-new-vegas-gets-a-must-have-mod-that-reduces-landscape-texture-seams/
Modder ‘Biggie404’ just dropped an awesome mod for Fallout New Vegas. It’s called the Landscape Texture Improvements, and it smooths out the textures in the game’s landscapes, making everything look more natural and real.
The vanilla version of Fallout New Vegas has a lot of landscape texture seams. These seams become extremely obvious when you are using high-quality Texture Packs. So, the main purpose of this mod is to smooth out these transitions and make the seams as minimal as possible whilst keeping the texture variety and natural look.
This mod doesn’t just stop at reducing those lines. It also makes the textures flow together more naturally, so the landscape looks better. It adds logical textures around objects to make them fit in, and it fixes some sharp bumps on the landscape.
>> There are some screenshots to show the difference this mod makes.

Half-Life 2: VR Mod – Unleashed is now available for download
https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/half-life-2-vr-mod-unleashed-is-now-available-for-download/
Vittorio Romeo recently released an upgraded version of the Half-Life 2 VR Mod. It is called Half-Life 2: VR Mod – Unleashed, and it’s a must-have for all VR gamers. This new version brings some awesome VR features, like being able to hold and use two weapons at once, doing cool melee attacks, and even having a virtual stock.
Half-Life 2 VR Unleashed does something pretty cool. It takes each weapon in the game and adjusts it so that your hands stay in the right place, making it easier to aim. And guess what? You can actually jump in the game now. Imagine playing and getting some exercise with all that jumping. It’ll be a fun workout for VR gamers.
In this mod, there’s another cool feature called Grip-Holster Mode. If you let go of the grip button, your character puts away the weapon. And when you hold the grip button again, he will grab the last weapon he put away. Also, all hand interactions will take priority over equipping the last holstered weapon.
>> There's an almost 3 minutes video of the mod and the article lists other mods that may interest you.

I knew the promise of an entire BioWare game remade inside another, older BioWare game was too good to be true, but what I found was even weirder than I imagined
https://www.pcgamer.com/i-knew-the-promise-of-an-entire-bioware-game-remade-inside-another-older-bioware-game-was-too-good-to-be-true-but-what-i-found-was-even-weirder-than-i-imagined/
"Mad lad puts Neverwinter Nights into Baldur's Gate 2 for some reason" was my coworker Joshua Wolens' summation of Andrey Balabokhin's truly confounding mod project, NWNForBG, which seeks to demake BioWare's 2002 D&D RPG in its more critically acclaimed 2000 D&D RPG. The result is not how I'd recommend enjoying either game, but it's one of the weirdest and most fascinating mod projects I've seen in a minute.
>> There are several screenshots.

GAMING NEWS

Here’s an hour of gameplay from Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/heres-an-hour-of-gameplay-from-like-a-dragon-infinite-wealth/
SEGA has shared a new video in which Community Manager Carlos & Sr. Brand Manager Brent play over an hour of Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth.
In Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, you’ll see two amazing heroes team up. One is Ichiban Kasuga, a never-give-up guy who’s used to starting from scratch. The other is Kazuma Kiryu, a guy who’s had a tough life and is now nearing the end of his journey.

Metal Gear Solid Master Collection vs Metal Gear Solid 2/3 PS3/Xbox 360 Emulation
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/metal-gear-solid-master-collection-vs-metal-gear-solid-ps3-xbox-360-emulation/
It appears that the physical disc copies of METAL GEAR SOLID Master Collection Vol.1 are out in the wild. As such, we’ve decided to share two gameplay videos from Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, and compare them with the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of these games, running on PC.
>> You may guess the result. Yes, the emulated games look better.

Lords of the Fallen Patch 1.1.224 brings improvements to New Game+ and Enemy Density
https://www.dsogaming.com/patches/lords-of-the-fallen-patch-1-1-224-brings-improvements-to-new-game-and-enemy-density/
Hexworks has released a brand new update for its latest Souls-like game, Lords of the Fallen. According to the release notes, Patch 1.1.224 brings tweaks and improvements to the game’s New Game+ Mode and Enemy Density.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

The Monday news, part two:

Vampire Survivors skips Halloween and goes straight to a goodie-filled 1.7.0 Christmas update, because 'if big name stores can do it, why can't we?'
https://www.pcgamer.com/vampire-survivors-skips-halloween-and-goes-straight-to-a-goodie-filled-170-christmas-update-because-if-big-name-stores-can-do-it-why-cant-we/
Vampire Survivors has dropped a new patch—and you'd think, considering Halloween is fast approaching, that they might, oh, I don't know, lean into their already-present spooky themes a little? You'd think.
Instead, they've gone and swept the rug out from under just about everybody and released Patch 1.7.0, named "Whiteout", which is coincidentally what's happening to me right now as I stave off flashbacks of retail jobs past. Fittingly, the trailer asks: "if big name stores can do it, why can't we?"

Dino shooter Second Extinction pulled from sale before even making it out of early access: 'It regrettably did not achieve the success we hoped it would'
https://www.pcgamer.com/dino-shooter-second-extension-pulled-from-sale-before-even-making-it-out-of-early-access-it-regrettably-did-not-achieve-the-success-we-hoped-it-would/
After three years in early access, Second Extinction is over. Developer Systemic Reaction has announced that it is ending "active development" game, and has removed it from sale.
"After thoughtful consideration and exploration of our best course of action, we have made the difficult decision to end active development of Second Extinction," the studio wrote in a farewell message. "While Second Extinction is well-loved among our players and the gaming community, it regrettably did not achieve the success we hoped it would."

Diablo 4's new seasonal event drops so much legendary loot it feels like an exploit, but Blizzard says it's intentional
https://www.pcgamer.com/diablo-4s-new-seasonal-event-drops-so-much-legendary-loot-it-feels-like-an-exploit-but-blizzard-says-its-intentional/
Diablo 4's new season dumps so many rare items on you that I'm pretty sure it would've been deemed a game-breaking exploit around the game's release.
(... several paragraphs below...)
In Season 1, it was exceptionally rare to see multiple Legendaries drop below level 50. Now, it's practically raining Legendaries to the point that it almost feels wrong, but Blizzard president Mike Ybarra says it's totally intentional.

In case you're wondering how weird Valorant has gotten, the newest agent creates a pocket dimension where enemies are forced to 1v1 you to the death
https://www.pcgamer.com/in-case-youre-wondering-how-weird-valorant-has-gotten-the-newest-agent-creates-a-pocket-dimension-where-enemies-are-forced-to-1v1-you-to-the-death/
Valorant, a competitive FPS that I've often criticized for being too conservative with character abilities, is cooking up something weird for its next agent. Iso, Valorant's eleventh post-launch agent, is a Chinese mercenary who "reconfigures ambient energy into bulletproof protection." Pretty useful skills for the aggressive pointman of the team, but pedestrian compared to his ultimate ability that is so strange it's unlike anything I've seen in an FPS before.

The Viper is Final Fantasy 14's newest class, with tons of flair and dual swords that can be fused together
https://www.pcgamer.com/the-viper-is-final-fantasy-14s-newest-class-with-tons-of-flair-and-dual-swords-that-can-be-fused-together/
Final Fantasy 14's London Fan Festival has just kicked off, and with it Square Enix has finally revealed the first of its two new classes coming to upcoming expansion Dawntrail: melee damage dealer Viper. The job was first teased back in July's Las Vegas Fan Festival, but this is the first time we have a name and a full reveal of the kit.
>> Maybe that'll convince Hironobu Sakaguchi to change class, given that he's played a lot of FF 14.

We might not have Final Fantasy 16 on PC yet, but we can sort of experience it through Final Fantasy 14's new crossover event
https://www.pcgamer.com/we-might-not-have-final-fantasy-16-on-pc-yet-but-we-can-sort-of-experience-it-through-final-fantasy-14s-new-crossover-event/
I reckon one of the benefits of being the director on multiple games is you can just give 'em crossover events without too much faff, and with Naoki Yoshida being at the helm of both Final Fantasy 14 and Final Fantasy 16, it makes an awful lot of sense to mash them together into one cool questline.
>> But which collaboration would be like doing the most? Diablo.

Final Fantasy 14's director promises to make an ultra-challenging achievement for the player who earned every single one, if they want
https://www.pcgamer.com/final-fantasy-14s-director-promises-to-make-an-ultra-challenging-achievement-for-the-player-who-earned-every-single-one-if-they-want/
A few months back, one esteemed Final Fantasy 14 player obtained all of the 2,751 then-earnable achievements for the first time ever. That's 10 years for someone to nab every single accomplishment, with one achievement alone time-gated to around seven years of hard work.
Well, if that Warrior of Light is looking for an even greater challenge, director and producer Naoki Yoshida is more than happy to offer it to them. Speaking through a translator at a press conference during London's Fan Festival, Yoshida said, "First and foremost, I just want to say wow, big congratulations," adding "to see that player just stick with it, just pressing on... as a creator of an MMO that's a really fantastic thing to see."

Another Warhammer game's license runs out as Warhammer Quest announces its delisting on Steam
https://www.pcgamer.com/another-warhammer-games-license-runs-out-as-warhammer-quest-announces-its-delisting-on-steam/
"New sales of Warhammer Quest will end shortly on Steam", a recent news post for the turn-based dungeon crawler tersely says. "Thanks for all your support for this game over the years." Released in 2015, Warhammer Quest is an adaptation of Games Workshop's tabletop game of the same name. A sort of Advanced Advanced Heroquest, it's a halfway step between board game and RPG that combines a gloomy, dangerous underworld with an only slightly less gloomy overworld where you recuperate in town and story beats play out.

This combo of Surviving Mars with factory building has you automate and expand a lunar colony in the wake of disaster
https://www.pcgamer.com/this-combo-of-surviving-mars-with-factory-building-has-you-automate-and-expand-a-lunar-colony-in-the-wake-of-disaster/
An upcoming management-automation-strategy hybrid called The Crust is looking pretty promising, a concept that looks and plays like it'll be a combination of Surviving Mars and a Factory-building game. You're put in charge of an automated building and mining system on the lunar surface shortly before a disaster that leaves you as one of the only people with a fully functional, operating lunar colony. From there it's up to you to ship resources to Earth, aid disaster survivors, and build up your base's capabilities.

Terrifyingly fun roguelike World of Horror launches with an absolute banger of a trailer
https://www.pcgamer.com/terrifyingly-fun-roguelike-world-of-horror-launches-with-an-absolute-banger-of-a-trailer/
Delightfully strange and just generally delightful game World of Horror has finally released, leaving early access development on October 19 2023. It celebrates with a deliciously good trailer freshly scored by composer Joseph Bailey that shows off what's best about World of Horror: scared teenagers trying to save the day, moody scenes of dark landscapes, and terrifying critters coming up out of absolutely nowhere to murder you.

Overwatch harnesses the dread power of K-Pop
https://www.pcgamer.com/overwatch-harnesses-the-dread-power-of-k-pop/
In a moment that is decidedly inevitable, Overwatch will undertake a collaboration with a K-Pop group that includes a new game mode and themed in-game items, including Legendary hero skins. The k-pop group Le Sserafim, formed in 2022, will be debuting a single called Perfect Night on October 26, and will come to Overwatch shortly after.

Around the Network

And yes, there's also a third post with news:

Check out the playtest of magic school simulator Mind Over Magic
https://www.pcgamer.com/check-out-the-playtest-of-magic-school-simulator-mind-over-magic/
An upcoming management game will challenge you to build and expand an ancient academy of magic, exploring the vast dungeon beneath it known only as the Underschool in order to stave off a deadly fog. In Mind Over Magic you'll construct a magic school in cutaway view, staffing it with teachers and populating it with students ready to learn.

My favorite indie Elder Scrolls-alike has finally added its take on the series' best spell
https://www.pcgamer.com/my-favorite-indie-elder-scrolls-alike-has-finally-added-its-take-on-the-series-best-spell/
When I play the Elder Scrolls games, I usually like to crouch walk around backstabbing guys like some kind of Aldi-brand Garrett from Thief, but I also always carve out space for Conjuration magic when things get hairy, summoning a Storm Atronach or some manner of stinky skeleton to fight for me. Work smarter, not harder! In its Halloween update, the magical mini-Morrowind Dread Delusion is now letting us do just that.

There's a bunch of secret dialogue in Cyberpunk 2077's main quest if you beat Phantom Liberty first, and some of it feels like groundwork for future Cyberpunk stories
https://www.pcgamer.com/theres-a-bunch-of-secret-dialogue-in-cyberpunk-2077s-main-quest-if-you-beat-phantom-liberty-first-and-some-of-it-feels-like-groundwork-for-future-cyberpunk-stories/
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty seriously impressed me with its RPG reactivity⁠—the written-in bits that show CD Projekt Red anticipated and accounted for players' actions. The goofy rocket guy easter egg was certainly fun, but I'm thinking more in terms of life path-exclusive dialogue or main game events that get a nod in Phantom Liberty.
It turns out this goes both ways, though, with special dialogue in 2077's main quest if you beat the expansion first, with at least two of those scenes providing insight into the setting's mysterious Blackwall: the barrier between the normal internet and a cyberspace dominated by highly advanced AIs that outgrew their programming. Cyberpunk 2077 and Phantom Liberty spoilers ahead.

This crafting game is like a quirky fusion of Forager and Minecraft
https://www.pcgamer.com/this-crafting-game-is-like-a-quirky-fusion-of-forager-and-minecraft/
Chill survival game Outpath released this past week and has picked up some buzz and a quite positive reception from early players. Describing itself as "an experimental clicker base building game," Outpath's release is a lot like a first-person version of Forager. Though it does feature more in-depth base building and less automation.

Baldur's Gate 3 player uses 'barrelmancy' to explosively murder an Act 3 boss and avenge Karlach
https://www.pcgamer.com/baldurs-gate-3-player-uses-barrelmancy-to-explosively-murder-an-act-3-boss-and-avenge-karlach/
Barrelmancy, they're calling it. This is how one Reddit user discovered a way to get back at sweet, sweet Karlach's mortal enemy in Baldur's Gate 3. How terribly she was wronged, and how explosive her revenge will be. Here's how they did it.
In case it wasn't clear, this article is going to talk about Karlach's backstory, so here be spoilers.

You have just one week to vote on the Ultimate Game of the Year for the 2023 Golden Joystick awards
https://www.pcgamer.com/you-have-just-one-week-to-vote-on-the-ultimate-game-of-the-year-for-the-2023-golden-joystick-awards/
The Golden Joystick Awards has opened shortlists in three of its most major categories: Ultimate Game of the Year (UGOTY), Best Supporting Performer, and Best Lead Performer—and you can vote on them right now. If you're wondering why I'm telling you this, it's because the Golden Joystick awards are run by PC Gamer's parent company, Future.

Controversial game designer Peter Molyneux wants to prove that not 'everything I say is a promise that's going to be broken'
https://www.pcgamer.com/controversial-game-designer-peter-molyneux-wants-to-prove-that-not-everything-i-say-is-a-promise-thats-going-to-be-broken/
It's been a while since we've heard from Peter Molyneux, the mind behind the original Fable and Theme Park games, whose experiments with blockchain games and other shortcomings around promises made have seen his reputation take a few hits over the years. Perhaps worst of all, this is the man that promised us acorns that sprout into oak trees in Fable, but that never manifested.
The betrayal, it still stings.
Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz, Molyneux goes into some detail about what he's been doing since the controversy around his game, Curiosity, cooled off. This was a game that promised to deliver a life-changing experience for the winner, but instead left them feeling disappointed, and has been a source of much contention for his work over the years.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

No release date yet

Hey, at least they say that the game is done, content wise, and now it's about polishing and (hopefully) optimization. Say 12-18 months until launch?

Bofferbrauer2 said:
JEMC said:

Disappointing, but not that surprising. They should have delayed the game.

By the way, PCGamer has published its review of the game: https://www.pcgamer.com/cities-skylines-2-review/

They've given it a 77 compared to the 86 of the first one.

From some tests I read that it's mostly due to the fact that it simulates Every. Single. Inhabitant walking and driving around. Of course if you have a big city, having so many citizens buzzing around will result in so many calls that it even breaks a 4090, especially cince there's no fog anymore that could hide it like in it's predecessor.

If so, they really messed up. How can you try to do that in a game about building cities as big and populated as possible? It's a recipe for disaster!

AMD China to Experience Massive Downsizing, Radeon Technology Group Affected The Most

https://wccftech.com/amd-china-massive-downsizing-radeon-technology-group-getting-affected-the-most/

Makes sense considering all the miss-steps Radeon team has made since the launch of RDNA 3

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER rumored to feature 20GB memory

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-4080-super-rumored-to-feature-20gb-memory

According to Kopite, 4080 Super might be using full AD103 die while 4070 Super might be using AD104. If that is the case, then Nvidia will likely position the 4070 Super as a refresh to the regular 4070 that slots below 4070 Ti but if the other rumour is correct and 4070 Super uses AD103 die and 4080 Super uses AD102, then 4070 Super will likely be above 4070 Ti. Hard to say as they are conflicting rumours. But the lineup vram coaster will get rickrolled once again if Kopite is correct.

4090: 24GB
4080 Super: 16GB
4080: 16GB
4070 Ti: 12GB
4070 Super: 16GB
4070: 12GB
4060 Ti: 16GB
4060 Ti: 8GB
4060: 8GB

Really shows some shat planning from Green team if legit. But hopefully this will mean the 5070 will start off with 16GB of vram next gen.

Alienware Teases 32″ 4K 240Hz & 27″ QHD 360Hz QD-OLED Gaming Monitors, Coming Early 2024

https://wccftech.com/alienware-32-4k-240hz-27-qhd-360hz-qd-oled-gaming-monitors-early-2024-launch/

Curved on a 16:9 display? Come on now... That 3 year burn-in warranty is tempting though.

AMD Readies Lower-Clocked Ryzen 9 7940HX & Ryzen 7 7840HX Dragon Range Laptop CPUs

https://wccftech.com/amd-readies-lower-clocked-ryzen-9-7940hx-ryzen-7-7840hx-dragon-range-laptop-cpus/

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I know that high end cards are the most lucrative and that, therefore, new cards in that segment are to be expected, but if there's one card that really, really needs a bump in performance is the 4060Ti. It's shameful that its predecessor manages to beat it in some tests, and so it's the one single card that would benefit the most from such Super or whatever refresh Nvidia could do.

And yet, we have rumors about the 4080 and 4070 getting those refreshes, but there's not even one about the 4060-/Ti.

This is gold