By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Intel 14th Gen Core “Raptor Lake” Desktop CPU Review Roundup

https://videocardz.com/165094/intel-14th-gen-core-raptor-lake-desktop-cpu-review-roundup

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/intel-core-i9-14900k/17.html

Pointless really.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
haxxiy said:

*snip*

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

AMD Radeon RX 6750 GRE GPU Launches In 12 GB $289 US & 10 GB $269 US Variants: 1440P Performance At 1080P Pricing

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-6750-gre-gpu-launches-12-gb-289-us-10-gb-269-us-variants-1440p-gaming/

Looks like it's slower than XT models but also a tad cheaper

Why the F is launching two models of this card with the same name? That's Nvidia's thing, not AMD's!

Other than that stupid decision, I'm having a hard time trying to understand AMD's logic for these two cards. Why are they launching two cards that will be very close to the 7600, both in performance and price (at least their MSRP) while the gap until the 7700XT is relatively big. Why not launching just one?

Also, this launch puts the rumored 7600XT in jeopardy, but it kind of confirms that we'll get a 7700 card.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Intel 14th Gen Core “Raptor Lake” Desktop CPU Review Roundup

https://videocardz.com/165094/intel-14th-gen-core-raptor-lake-desktop-cpu-review-roundup

*graphs*

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/intel-core-i9-14900k/17.html

Pointless really.

Indeed.

This launch is only for OEM makers that need a "new" CPU launch for their 2023 systems.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

No way........every time you launch the game?????

Around the Network

Gamers Nexus review on 14700K

Add another dud to the list. Barely competing against current generation CPU's.. and even with its own products, with fairly little gains withing a few percent in gaming and perhaps some marginal differences in some very specific workloads. A bit more power efficient though negligable uplift verses the 13700; nothing really worth of note as its still a huge power guzzler especially when put up against AMD equivelant CPU's.

Also crazy how competitive the 5800X3D is when it comes to gaming and efficiency despite being on 7nm and a gen old.

gtotheunit91 said:

No way........every time you launch the game?????

Thanks for sharing. Sega has really messed up this new Sonic game... but well, the same can be said about every Sonic game since Sonic Mania for one reason or the other.

hinch said:

Gamers Nexus review on 14700K

Add another dud to the list. Barely competing against current generation CPU's.. and even with its own products, with fairly little gains withing a few percent in gaming and perhaps some marginal differences in some very specific workloads. A bit more power efficient though negligable uplift verses the 13700; nothing really worth of note as its still a huge power guzzler especially when put up against AMD equivelant CPU's.

Also crazy how competitive the 5800X3D is when it comes to gaming and efficiency despite being on 7nm and a gen old.

And that's with the only CPU that has a hardware change over its 13th gen counterpart. The review of the 14900K will be interesting.

Yeah I would've thought the extra e-cores would've helped give it a meaningful booth in multi-threaded performance.. But nope, basically negligable and barely perceivable even for heavy workloads. And seemingly Intel just pumped up the watts on cores for max frequency, to basically level with Zen 4 at the expense of efficency. Really feels like a Bulldozer release, perhaps worse.

And yeah with Steve being fairly sarcy in this one, his 14900K review is 100% going to be real bloodbath lol.

Last edited by hinch - on 17 October 2023

The Intel Core Ultra 9 185H got some Geekbench results: Intel Core Ultra 9 185H Shows 5.1 GHz Boost Clocks in Benchmark Leak | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)

Not much Ultra about it, though... 

Edit: What's the point of the 2 SoC cores?

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 17 October 2023

JEMC said:

Cities Skylines 2 may release with major performance issues
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/cities-skylines-2-may-release-with-major-performance-issues/
Colossal Order has issued a statement, claiming that Cities Skylines 2 may release with major performance issues. Cities Skylines 2 will release on October 24th and as Colossal Order stated, it was not able to achieve the performance benchmark it was targeting.
>> Gamers should react paying the same respect to the developer/publisher by holding their purchase until the game is finally finished. But we know that it won't happen.

Beyond disappointment in Colossal Order's inability to hit their performance target in time, I don't actually have a problem with this. They're very upfront about the situation (raised specs alongside an announcement about the new specs, and now another announcement), so if you're buying the game now, you should have a very good idea about what you're getting into. Considering they also delayed the console versions when they raised the specs, further optimization seems like a no-brainer. I think this seems like a fair trade: if you buy later, you get the more optimized version you would have got had the game been delayed, but now there's also the chance to buy the game sooner if your PC can handle it. Perhaps releasing the game in Early Access or something would have been more appropriate, but overall, I feel like this is a very decent way to handle the situation. Also, apparently they're allowing performance benchmarks to be released before the game's release, so no going in blind.

The mod part is what I'm not a huge fan of though. I mean, I like that mods don't require Steam, but probably requiring a Paradox account and having mods abide by Paradox's rules, period? Not at all a fan. It's probably not a huge issue in this particular case, but I'm worried about setting a precedent.