By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

JEMC said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Next-Gen Nintendo Switch console reportedly launching in 2024, dev-kits already with some game studios

https://videocardz.com/newz/next-gen-nintendo-switch-console-reportedly-launching-in-2024-dev-kits-already-with-some-game-studios

Come on Nintendo, do not skimp out on DLSS. By the love of god, do not skimp out on DLSS.

Nintendo always tries to cut corners somwhere. We can be certain the it will use an LCD screen, but that won't be all so, what do you prefer, skimp on DLSS or skimp on internal storage again.

Well if they go with MicroSD expansion, then they can skimp out on storage if they want to cause 1TB Microsd is very cheap. Hell they could even have a base model and a "pro" model with more storage like the wiiU days.

A better case would be more like, would you rather have them skimp out on DLSS or skimp out on Ram like they almost did with the original Switch until capcom forced them to go 4GB instead of 2GB. I do think the Switch 2 should have a minimum of 12GB to 16GB since that should be very cheap these days considering the Steam Deck has 16GB and the Switch 2 will likely see a price bump to $400. So between those two, I'd prefer more ram due to compatibility. But I'd rather have them get rid of motion controls and add in dlss. But that might kill backwards compatibility.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Nintendo always tries to cut corners somwhere. We can be certain the it will use an LCD screen, but that won't be all so, what do you prefer, skimp on DLSS or skimp on internal storage again.

Well if they go with MicroSD expansion, then they can skimp out on storage if they want to cause 1TB Microsd is very cheap. Hell they could even have a base model and a "pro" model with more storage like the wiiU days.

A better case would be more like, would you rather have them skimp out on DLSS or skimp out on Ram like they almost did with the original Switch until capcom forced them to go 4GB instead of 2GB. I do think the Switch 2 should have a minimum of 12GB to 16GB since that should be very cheap these days considering the Steam Deck has 16GB and the Switch 2 will likely see a price bump to $400. So between those two, I'd prefer more ram due to compatibility. But I'd rather have them get rid of motion controls and add in dlss. But that might kill backwards compatibility.

I really doubt Nintendo will get rid of motion controls, and not for backwards compatibility. Nintendo proved that they're more than open to skimp on that with the Switch Lite, but it has become part of its trademark systems for the last almost 20 years, and they always find ways to use it for something.

Besides that, Nintendo won't skimp on DLSS unless they and Nvidia go for a SoC that, somehow, uses a GPU architecture that predates Turing, which seems highly unlikely. Even if Nintendo doesn't include that in their software kits, devs can and will find ways to implement it.

With the amount of RAM, tho, now that's more troublesome. It wouldn't really surprise me if they go with 8GB, like a mid to low range card.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Rhonin the wizard said:

The games for Humble Choice August have been revealed.

• Disco Elysium: The Final Cut
  • Chivalry 2
  • Road 96
  • Trek to Yomi
  • SuchArt
  • Tin Can
  • Hot Brass
  • Arcade Paradise

Finally a good month again!

The Wednesday news:

SALES /PLAYER COUNT & DEALS

GOG will keep you busy with 4 new Deals of the Day and three sales:

Steam has two new deals:

Fanatical has two new deals:

SOFTWARE & DRIVERS

AMD releases Adrenalin GPU driver for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, fixing crashes with ray tracing
https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-releases-adrenalin-gpu-driver-for-ratchet-clank-rift-apart-fixing-crashes-with-ray-tracing
AMD has introduced a special driver release for the Ratchet and Clank game, which encountered difficulties on Radeon GPUs during its launch. Specifically, the game faced issues related to ray tracing and dynamic resolution scaling on Radeon architectures, leading to crashes for users of AMD’s latest GPUs, including the Radeon RX 7900 XTX.
The newly released driver is not part of the official branch but is based on the latest 23.7.2 driver, sharing the same issues list. However, that driver lacked official optimizations specifically designed for the Ratchet and Clank game. The new driver, identified as version 23.10.23.03, focuses on addressing the game’s performance concerns.

Highlights

• Support for Ratchet & Clank™: Rift Apart

Fixed Issues

• Application crash or driver timeout may be observed while playing Ratchet & Clank™: Rift Apart with Ray-Tracing and Dynamic Resolution Scaling enabled on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX.

MODS, EMULATORS & FAN PROJECTS

Playstation 4 emulator, RPCSX, can now boot and run Sonic Mania at 45fps
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/playstation-4-emulator-rpcsx-can-now-boot-and-run-sonic-mania-at-45fps/
Last month, we informed you about a new Playstation 4 emulator from the team behind the best Playstation 3 emulator, RPCS3. And today, we are happy to report that this PS4 emulator can boot and run Sonic Mania at 45fps.
For those wondering, Sonic Mania is not the first commercial game that RPCSX can boot and run. Back in July 2023, we shared a video showcasing We Are Doomed running on it.
Do note that the RPCSX team has not implemented yet any input functionalities. So, although you can boot and run Sonic Mania and We Are Doomed on RPCSX, you cannot yet play them.
From what we can see, an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 can run Sonic Mania via RPCSX with 45fps. Now while this isn’t particularly impressive, it’s at least a start. Let’s not forget that RPCSX is in a very early development stage.
>> The article has a slightly over 2 minutes video.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart gets unofficial modding tools
https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/ratchet-clank-rift-apart-gets-unofficial-modding-tools/
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart just came out on PC and like pretty much all the latest PC releases, it does not feature any modding tools. However, modder ‘ASC’ has just released some unofficial modding tools that you can download.
According to the modder, this tool will allow people to extract assets, as well as create mods to replace assets.
In order to install all the future mods for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, PC gamers will also need this tool. In other words, it can be also used as a modding tool manager for all upcoming mods.

Dark Souls 3 Mod adds dynamic shadows to almost every object
https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/dark-souls-3-mod-adds-dynamic-shadows-to-almost-every-object/
Modder ‘fromsoftserve’, the man behind the Scholar of the Second Sin Visual Overhaul Mod for Dark Souls 2, has released a new mod for Dark Souls 3. Dark Souls 3 Visual Overhaul adds dynamic shadows to almost every object, and it’s a must-have mod for all DS3 players.
Going into more details, this mod removes unneeded point lights not based on an actual light source. Moreover, it adds shadowcasting to some torches/light sources, and improves the game’s water reflections. And, as said, the mod adds shadows to almost every object in the game (grass, rocks, buildings, etc.).
>> I think I already posted this mod, but I couldn't find it. In any case, the article has some screenshots and an over 15 minutes long video.

GTA 5 gets a new story mod with NPCs that are powered by 30+ AI models
https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/gta-5-gets-a-new-story-mod-with-npcs-that-are-powered-by-30-ai-models/
Modder ‘Bloc’ has released an amazing new story-driven fan expansion for Grand Theft Auto 5, called Inworld Sentient Streets. This mod offers a distinctly unique experience separate from the main storyline of GTA 5, and one of its big features is its AI-powered NPCs.
In this fan expansion, you will assume the role of a skilled and successful law enforcement officer within the Los Santos Police Department (LSPD). Additionally, you can choose one of three distinct partners, each with their own characteristics.
Players will confront formidable challenges throughout their shifts, interact with criminal elements, and exercise their decision-making prowess. Players will also be able to make their own choices in this mod. For instance, you can employ persuasive tactics to defuse tense situations and employ innovative strategies to extract critical information from criminals. You can even explore the path of corruption by accepting bribes.
As said, one of the biggest features of this GTA 5 mod is its AI-powered NPCs. According to its description, the NPCs in this mod are powered by the Inworld AI Character Engine with ElevenLabs voices. Inworld AI is an alternative to ChatGPT. This tool lets game developers go beyond dialogue trees to power narratives and NPCs using AI. As Bloc claimed, this GTA 5 Mod uses 30+ AI models that let players have open-ended conversations in real-time with eccentric cult members, cunning police officers, and unsuspecting civilians.
>> There's a fairly long video of this mod.

Fallout 4's best mod is coming to a dramatic conclusion
https://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4s-best-mod-is-coming-to-a-dramatic-conclusion/
It's been a while so I'll shout it from the rooftops again: if you're going to start a new game of Fallout 4, you should install the Sim Settlements 2 mod. Not only does it make settlement building and management a much better experience, it adds a bunch of new characters, lots of quests, and an intriguing storyline.
If you're not familiar with the mod, it's a complete overhaul of the vanilla settlement building system. Instead of doing all the work yourself, you can zone your settlements for different purposes like residential, commercial, and industrial—a bit like playing a city builder—and then let your settlers take things from there. And if you do enjoy building and micromanaging, you can still build as much stuff as you want alongside the mod's overhauled system. It's the best of both worlds.
(...)
The story of Sim Settlements 2 is broken into chapters, and the third and final chapter has just arrived. As you can see in the trailer above, the concluding chapter is all about war as the defeated Gunners return with reinforcements and some advanced new tech. To prepare for the coming conflict you'll be able to turn your settlements into proper military outposts using new building plots like armories, watchtowers, prisons, and field medic stations. You can also recruit settlers into your growing army and establish new bases pretty much anywhere you want on the map, not just in the vanilla game's preselected settlement spots.

GAMING NEWS

New gameplay trailers/videos for Fort Solis, Lords of the Fallen, Atlas Fallen
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/new-gameplay-trailers-videos-for-fort-solis-lords-of-the-fallen-atlas-fallen/
A number of gameplay videos and trailers surfaced these couple of days, so we’ve decided to share them in one big story. So, below you can find the latest gameplay videos/trailers for Fort Solis, Lords of the Fallen, Atlas Fallen and Alone in the Dark.
>> The Alone in the Dark teaser claims that we'll know more today, so I guess I'll have something to post tomorrow.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

AMD revenue falls 18% as PC market shows continued weakness

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/15fphfs/amd_revenue_falls_18_as_pc_market_shows_continued/

Ryzen CPUs stabilise, Radeon GPUs do not

AMD's client division, which mainly comprises Ryzen processors for desktop PCs and notebooks, experienced a significant upswing. Within one quarter, sales rose by 35 per cent to almost one billion dollars. However, the Ryzen CPUs are still not profitable - the operating loss fell from 172 million to 69 million dollars.

In the gaming segment, console chips, such as for the Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X/S, continue to shine. According to AMD, their sales continued to rise, while Radeon graphics cards dropped even more. The company does not publish a breakdown - the Radeon figures are strategically hidden there. The gaming division achieved just under 1.6 billion dollars, 225 million remained as operating profit.

While Nvidia has the Ai hype to keep them afloat, both AMD and Intel are certainly losing heaps of money. It does feel like AMD did put themselves in this position even if it is partly by making a lot of bad moves this generation. From Zen 4 launch which was very underwhelming to the noncompetitive nature with RDNA 3. Hopefully Radeon team gets the message that their current tactics of "Nvidia but slightly cheaper" is not going to work.

So first 4k 32 inch 240Hz QD-OLED monitor is set to arrive Q3 2024. Come on Samsung, do not make it curved you cucks.

AMD confirms new “enthusiast-class” Radeon RX 7000 GPUs are to launch this quarter

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-confirms-new-enthusiast-class-radeon-rx-7000-gpus-are-to-launch-this-quarter

"AMD itself categorizes the RX 7900 models as ‘ultra-enthusiast,’ suggesting that the potential RX 7800 XT might still fall within the ‘enthusiast’ category."

Intel Lunar Lake series to feature up to 64 Xe² Execution Units of next-gen Battlemage graphics

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-lunar-lake-series-to-feature-up-to-64-xe%c2%b2-execution-units-of-next-gen-battlemage-graphics

HBM3 Memory To Dominate In Next-Gen AI GPUs From NVIDIA & AMD

https://wccftech.com/hbm3-memory-to-dominate-in-next-gen-ai-gpus-from-nvidia-amd/

In the datacenter space that is

Canon warns printer users to manually wipe Wi-Fi settings before discarding

'https://arstechnica.com/security/2023/08/canon-warns-printer-users-to-manually-wipe-wi-fi-settings-before-discarding/

"If you thought a factory reset wipes Wi-Fi passwords, you'd be wrong."

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 02 August 2023

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

AMD and ultra-enthusiast, you can only pick one lol.

I just see them pushing the ultra-enthusiast card out the door with a stupid price tag and wattage intake.

Also, gotta love when a company is bombing at something, so they deliberately hide those results. Kinda wish court of law made it so they couldn't, because I think it's more damming that these companies do this on purpose, which tells you the results are dire, but they refuse to tell until they are pushed into a corner, like stop being a sulky bitch of a child and just show us your grades AMD.

I remember when Blzizard did this when WoD bombed back in 2014, and Blizz just stopped showing WoW numbers ever since, and that was always a bad sign. I've no faith if they've no faith basically. Start showing numbers and I might get some trust back (And I'm not even a shareholder, but I know damn well they'd care way more than me on that notion).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

AMD revenue falls 18% as PC market shows continued weakness

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/15fphfs/amd_revenue_falls_18_as_pc_market_shows_continued/

Ryzen CPUs stabilise, Radeon GPUs do not

AMD's client division, which mainly comprises Ryzen processors for desktop PCs and notebooks, experienced a significant upswing. Within one quarter, sales rose by 35 per cent to almost one billion dollars. However, the Ryzen CPUs are still not profitable - the operating loss fell from 172 million to 69 million dollars.

In the gaming segment, console chips, such as for the Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X/S, continue to shine. According to AMD, their sales continued to rise, while Radeon graphics cards dropped even more. The company does not publish a breakdown - the Radeon figures are strategically hidden there. The gaming division achieved just under 1.6 billion dollars, 225 million remained as operating profit.

While Nvidia has the Ai hype to keep them afloat, both AMD and Intel are certainly losing heaps of money. It does feel like AMD did put themselves in this position even if it is partly by making a lot of bad moves this generation. From Zen 4 launch which was very underwhelming to the noncompetitive nature with RDNA 3. Hopefully Radeon team gets the message that their current tactics of "Nvidia but slightly cheaper" is not going to work.

I wonder how the German outlet got to that conclusion, considering CPUs are down a massive 54% YoY while their gaming division, which includes consoles and Radeon GPUs, are down just 4% YoY. While the GPU sales are undeiably down a lot, it looks like they're less down YoY than the CPUs, as the consoles couldn't have made this difference alone since they're not up by that much. Seems to me like the GPUs stabilized somewhat and the CPUs dropped like a rock.

The only explanation I have is about the outlook, where AMD noted that CPU sales are apparently rebounding, and since I couldn't see anything about the GPUs, it's possible that they're slumping further and AMD tries to hide that fact under the rug.

Since both Intel and AMD are saying that sales are bottoming out, it will get interesting to see who rises up more the next quarters. I expect AMD to continue stealing Intel's Datacenter market share at an increasing speed, but on consumer chips, I don't expect too much of a shift, though Zen 4 mobile vs Meteor Lake will get interesting here.

Ok, when I tried to post the news at the regular time, the site froze, did nothing and, after checking if it was down, it said it was. And now I come and find that the first post actually made it.

The way this site works will never stop being a mystery to me.

Anyway, here's the second part of the news:

Alien is coming to Dead by Daylight and fans are absolutely screaming in space and everywhere else
https://www.pcgamer.com/alien-is-coming-to-dead-by-daylight-and-fans-are-absolutely-screaming-in-space-and-everywhere-else/
Just a few weeks after adding legendary actor Nicolas Cage to its lineup, the multiplayer survival horror game Dead by Daylight has revealed that an even bigger name in horror is on the way: The Alien.

Let the ear collecting begin: World of Warcraft Classic's Hardcore servers open soon
https://www.pcgamer.com/world-of-warcraft-classic-hardcore-release-date/
There are many things to love about World of Warcraft Classic. The ability to reminisce and feel nostalgic listening to the peaceful music of Elwynn Forest, the challenge of classic dungeons like Scholomance and Stratholme, dueling your fellow enthusiasts outside Ironforge, farming mats for elixirs and getting world buffs… I guess. Soon, however, you'll also have the ability to be running a dungeon and have a blown pull result in the permanent and irrevocable death of your character!

Strange Diablo 4 glitch has players unplugging their internet to create a portal between realms
https://www.pcgamer.com/strange-diablo-4-glitch-has-players-unplugging-their-internet-to-create-a-portal-between-realms/
Diablo 4 characters who started on the Eternal Realm when it launched aren't supposed to be able to travel to the new, Seasonal Realm. But a newly discovered glitch that involves unplugging your internet has shattered the barrier between the two.

This intensely weird indie game can only be replayed once a year, and only if you beat a once-a-year challenge
https://www.pcgamer.com/this-intensely-weird-indie-game-can-only-be-replayed-once-a-year-and-only-if-you-beat-a-once-a-year-challenge/
(...)
Endlight is developed by Jim McGinley, who describes himself (not entirely seriously, I suspect) as "one of the greatest players of TRS-80 action games today," and it was in many ways influenced by those old-time games. "The best TRS-80 games filled the screen," McGinley said. "People aren't doing that anymore, but Endlight is. No matter where you look, there's NO empty space."

Larian tells Baldur's Gate 3 players to delete early access saves and uninstall the game to avoid 'unintended conflicts' with the full launch
https://www.pcgamer.com/larian-tells-baldurs-gate-3-players-to-delete-early-access-saves-and-uninstall-the-game-to-avoid-unintended-conflicts-with-the-full-launch/
With just two days left until the Baldur's Gate 3 hammer finally falls, Larian Studios is recommending that anyone with the early access version ditch it completely to avoid any potential launch-day headaches.
>> You can get blue underwear for the game watching some Twitch streams.

It looks like D&D 5th edition's worst subclass will be saved by Baldur's Gate 3
https://www.pcgamer.com/it-looks-like-dandd-5th-editions-worst-subclass-will-be-saved-by-baldurs-gate-3/
A deep-dive into Baldur's Gate 3's classes was posted to the Dungeons & Dragons official channel yesterday, bringing good news for fans of elemental fisticuffs. Larian Studios' lead systems designer Nick Pechenin sat down with Todd Kendrick, who assumes the dungeon masterly duties of video content for D&D, to cover the classes and subclasses included in Baldur's Gate 3.

Street Fighter 6 tournament accidentally broadcasts Chun Li nude mod to the world
https://www.pcgamer.com/street-fighter-6-tournament-accidentally-broadcasts-chun-li-nude-mod-to-the-world/
"That's a very interesting, uh, Chun Li costume."
Such are the immortal words of a Street Fighter co-commentator upon seeing that Chun Li, in fact, is not wearing a costume. As a match between Chun Li and Kimberley began at a recent Corner2Corner Street Fighter 6 tournament, a weekly online throwdown featuring some of Europe's finest players, it was immediately obvious that Chun Li was naked.
>> The article has a tweet with the revealing video.

Starfield's sandwich-hoarding producer says she's building a big spaceship called The Griller
https://www.pcgamer.com/starfields-sandwich-hoarding-producer-says-shes-building-a-big-spaceship-called-the-griller/
Bethesda has posted an interview with Starfield producer Jamie Mallory, which follows on from her recent scene-stealing intervention during a Starfield Direct. Mallory, you see, is a sandwich pirate. Her ship, designed to look like a platypus, has a cargo hold dedicated to storing these ill-gotten snacks. As someone who collected an absurd amount of skulls in Fallout 3, this is the kind of detail that matters in Bethesda games.

Welp, guess I'm not subbing to WoW anytime soon. Was wanting to sub sometime this month, but after seeing this, nah, I'm good.

Seems hopeless for Blizz to do anything right for more than 1 week, without fucking it up completely or finding new ways to charge for more money.

"These items will appear in the Trading Post rotation 3 months from now"

Oh joy, added fomo, just what I always wanted Blizz....

Last edited by Chazore - on 02 August 2023

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I have been basically out of Blizzards camp for a while now. I really only play Overwatch 2 since it's free to play and my friends still like playing it. I skipped Diablo IV and basically have little to no interest in going back unless they release Starcraft 3 and by release I mean, don't fuck it up.

If I were to try the MMO route, I'd likely give Final Fantasy XVI a go but honestly, I don't really have time for MMOs anymore.