By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Forspoken Benchmark Test & Performance Analysis Review

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/forspoken-benchmark-test-performance-analysis/5.html

Raster:

Ray Tracing:

I am surprised it's doing so well on Nvidia despite being an AMD sponsored title. The reported Vram is very high yet we don't see the typical slowdown that comes from running out of Vram. So either the Vram usage that is being reported is fake or perhaps Direct Storage is streaming in and out assets fast enough for the performance to not matter as much. If DF gets around to it, perhaps they will say something.

AMD Polaris GPUs Can’t Run Forspoken Due To Lack DirectX 12_1 Feature Level Support, NVIDIA Maxwell GPUs Run Fine

https://wccftech.com/amd-polaris-gpus-cant-run-forspoken-due-to-lack-directx-12_1-feature-level-support/

Maxwell be like:

Intel Confirms Meteor Lake CPU Ramp In 2H 2023, Lunar Lake In 2024 For Client, Emerald Rapids In 2H 2023 & Granite Rapids In 2024 For Server

https://wccftech.com/intel-confirms-meteor-lake-cpu-ramp-in-2h-2023-lunar-lake-in-2024-for-client-emerald-rapids-in-2h-2023-granite-rapids-in-2024-for-server/

Stable Diffusion Benchmarked: Which GPU Runs AI Fastest (Updated)

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/stable-diffusion-gpu-benchmarks

While Lovelace is faster, AMDs leap in Ai performance has been impressive with RDNA 3. Wouldn't be surprised if FSR 3 has Ai similar to DLSS.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

^ wonder where CDNA 3 will fit in there since that's likely seeing way more R&D than RDNA.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Intel released it's Q4 2022 earnings... and they're not good.

Figured that was going to be the case with all the excess powerpointry they were doing lately. Given that their stocks are down 8% already, guess that doesn't always work.

Haven't they also cancelled a 'mega research lab' recently? Such a strange move when they wanted to make their foundries competitive again. The whole thing just reeks of mismanagement...

Bofferbrauer2 said:

*snip*

It's surprising that Intel is doig so bad in the consumer given that their 12th and now 13th gens are very competitive in all segments, and they have basically no competition in the low end.

But well, it will be interesting to see how Intel manages the situation. Let's hope they don't kill the GPU business, we need the extra competition.

Captain_Yuri said:

AMD Polaris GPUs Can’t Run Forspoken Due To Lack DirectX 12_1 Feature Level Support, NVIDIA Maxwell GPUs Run Fine

https://wccftech.com/amd-polaris-gpus-cant-run-forspoken-due-to-lack-directx-12_1-feature-level-support/

Maxwell be like:

It's extremely disappointing for those AMD users, and those on GM107/GM108 based Maxwell cards, tho those are kind of low end cards by now and, given how poor does the game run, it would be a slideshow if it worked.

What surprises me is that, by Videocardz article, Metro Exodus Enhanced actually required an even higher DX12 level, yet I don't recall seing reports of the game not working on those cards.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

*snip*

It's surprising that Intel is doig so bad in the consumer given that their 12th and now 13th gens are very competitive in all segments, and they have basically no competition in the low end.

But well, it will be interesting to see how Intel manages the situation. Let's hope they don't kill the GPU business, we need the extra competition.

Captain_Yuri said:

Maxwell be like:

What surprises me is that, by Videocardz article, Metro Exodus Enhanced actually required an even higher DX12 level, yet I don't recall seing reports of the game not working on those cards.

Metro Exodus enhanced edition require a GPU with ray tracing to run but on PC it also something you don't buy.  It a free update to the base game and even today if you want to play it on PC you would just buy the base game and then install the free update.  It was never sold which is probably why no one ever made a big deal about there GPU not working since it was marketed as a free Ray-tracing update on the PC side.

Forspoken a new game that you cant play with a older GPU is a bit of a different situation then a old game with a free ray-tracing update not being playable.

JEMC said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

*snip*

Captain_Yuri said:

Maxwell be like:

It's extremely disappointing for those AMD users, and those on GM107/GM108 based Maxwell cards, tho those are kind of low end cards by now and, given how poor does the game run, it would be a slideshow if it worked.

Well Metro Exodus Enhanced doesn't work on any GPUs that doesn't have Ray Tracing so it simply doesn't run. It wasn't a big deal cause non RT cards could play the non enhanced edition of the game and it was a free upgrade for the owners of the original. Forspoken on the other hand is a brand new $80 game that's AMD sponsored. If nothing else, one would expect more favouritism towards AMD but for whatever reason, Nvidia seems to do unexpectedly well.

Edit: Cyran beat me to it while I was typing lol

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Cyran said:
JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Metro Exodus enhanced edition require a GPU with ray tracing to run but on PC it also something you don't buy.  It a free update to the base game and even today if you want to play it on PC you would just buy the base game and then install the free update.  It was never sold which is probably why no one ever made a big deal about there GPU not working since it was marketed as a free Ray-tracing update on the PC side.

Forspoken a new game that you cant play with a older GPU is a bit of a different situation then a old game with a free ray-tracing update not being playable.

&

Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

Well Metro Exodus Enhanced doesn't work on any GPUs that doesn't have Ray Tracing so it simply doesn't run. It wasn't a big deal cause non RT cards could play the non enhanced edition of the game and it was a free upgrade for the owners of the original. Forspoken on the other hand is a brand new $80 game that's AMD sponsored. If nothing else, one would expect more favouritism towards AMD but for whatever reason, Nvidia seems to do unexpectedly well.

Edit: Cyran beat me to it while I was typing lol

Thank you to both of you. It was something that bothered me, but if it's a DLC with extra requirements, then that explains it.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

*snip*

The low Gross Margin could be because they don't sell that many high-end chips right now, specifically in the mobile department. Offices especially don't want Intel right now simply because they consume too much power, resulting in very poor battery life in H, HX and even P series laptops, while their U-series laptops simply can't compete with AMD's U-series laptops. In professional laptops battery life is pretty much just as important as the performance, so AMD is a much better bet for them right now in that regard.

EA doing EA things (1PC per 24 hours according to the twitter thread)

Bofferbrauer2 said:
JEMC said:

The low Gross Margin could be because they don't sell that many high-end chips right now, specifically in the mobile department. Offices especially don't want Intel right now simply because they consume too much power, resulting in very poor battery life in H, HX and even P series laptops, while their U-series laptops simply can't compete with AMD's U-series laptops. In professional laptops battery life is pretty much just as important as the performance, so AMD is a much better bet for them right now in that regard.

Ah, yes, laptops. I always forget about them.

Captain_Yuri said:

EA doing EA things (1PC per 24 hours according to the twitter thread)

Well, it's not the first time they do something like this... or maybe it was Ubisoft? They both do nonsense like that. In any case, this could be a bigger problem now because now there's a lot of people with a PC and a Steam Deck.

Oh, well. Between this and the poor performance, it looks like EA has little interest in making this game successful, at least on PC.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 & RTX 4050 Mainstream Graphics Cards Show Up At EEC

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-4060-rtx-4050-mainstream-graphics-cards-show-up-at-eec/

I am dreading to see the price to performance ratio on these cards

Really goes to show how much AMD missed the mark on this one. While the CPUs are priced well enough, the motherboards are still too expensive. Imo most people don't consider going from PCI-E gen 4 to PCI-e Gen 4 an upgrade so it largely makes B650 and X670 useless. But if you want to go the more expensive B650E or X670E route but are ending up with a CPU that's slower than Raptor Lake, then it doesn't feel like it's worth the investment, especially for AM4 users.

EA giving PC users the usual nonsense treatment. It's very dumb considering this game effectively requires upscaling outside of a 4090 if you want 4k native.