By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Conina said:

New Steam record: almost 13.5 million concurrent users.

The last records... (this October is crazy!):

• 8.47 million (January 1st)
  • 9.06 million (March 15th)
  • 9.50 million (May 10th)
  • 10.05 million (June 14th)
  • 10.76 million (October 22th)
  • 11.62 million (October 24th)
  • 12.59 million (October 31th)
  • 13.48 million (November 1st)

Around the Network
JEMC said:

^Very impressive.

And then we have people like Ruler who thinks that PCs will go down because of the Euro-Dollar exchange rates. Yeah, sure...

Yeah that's not happening any time soon and likely won't with the rate it's expanding.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

JEMC said:

^Very impressive.

And then we have people like Ruler who thinks that PCs will go down because of the Euro-Dollar exchange rates. Yeah, sure...

"Consoles will be getting a lot bigger in Europe than PC and Mobile in this generation"

"I think PC gaming will have a hard time in the upcoming years for its traditional gaming market, Europe. Espacially with a huge flow of kickass exclusive coming for PS4 in the next year, the exclsuive library gets bigger and bigger for the PS4.  And Nintendo maybe has some plans as well with the NX which could make consoles even more competive against mobile and PC in Europe"

to his defend he never said it will go "down" as in shrinking, rather not increasing that much as the consoles (mainly the ps4 and in the future the nx) so please if you want to make fun of someone at least do it right and correct^^

http://vr-zone.com/articles/pc-gaming-continues-dominate-industry-market-worth-21-5-billion/80348.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/04/28/as-global-pc-game-revenue-surpasses-consoles-how-long-should-console-makers-keep-fighting/

http://gamerant.com/pc-vs-next-gen-consoles-nvidia/

http://www.cnet.com/news/playing-games-on-the-pc-is-making-a-comeback/

Sorry but PS4 isn't to to demolish PC gaming let alone dwarf it anytime soon and consoles aren't going to outgrow PC gaming either.

But hey sure lets waltz into a PC only thread and start turning it into a raw PC vs consoles thread because the last two worked super well....

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

zero129 said:
Chazore said:

Some Battlefleet Gothic screens emerge (more of them at least).

http://www.destructoid.com/battlefleet-gothic-armada-brings-out-the-orks-317940.phtml

Also Dtoid link a snippet of gameplay footage from Sept.

Definitely keeping my eye on that title since I'm pretty hardcore for RTS games including space RTS and I do love me some 40k.

Never knew about this game. Looks really interesting, will also be keeping an eye on it.

Most definitely. It gives me that Empire at War kind of vibe only it has actual physics towards the ships ramming one another or smashing into asteroids and we don't really get that much thrown into RTS games unless we count tanks crushing infantry in certain games like C&C.

Around the Network

Could I suggest we make a new PC megathread, for some reason after a while of commenting on this particular thread, I've come to notice it giving me weird lag spikes whenever I jump from page to page or quoting others. I don't get this with any other thread on this site let alone anywhere else. I do have the comments display settings on the max count but that's hardly posed an issue with any other thread but this one for some odd reason.

zero129 said:
HoloDust said:
Finally, someone snatched that Vampire license from CCP. I don't expect to see actual game for at least 3 years, but at least there's hope now - if they're smart, they'll try to hire same people who made Bloodlines and give them proper funding.

This 100%. OMG id love if the same people made another bloodlines game. In fact i think to get funding in the maintime, i think a re release of the first one with updated graphics on nextgen consoles plus pc would be great if it also had extra content .

Well, Boyarsky is with Blizzard for quite some time now, Anderson is in Turtle Rock (they made Evolve), no idea why he left inXile. Maybe they could strike a deal with Obsidian and inXile and try to bring back those two together for sequel.

As for remake/re-release, there aren't many things I would love to see more, Bloodlines is one of those games that are one of its kind - but, unfortunatelly, I think that game belongs to Activision, so I don't really have much hope of that ever happening.

zero129 said:
Chazore said:
Could I suggest we make a new PC megathread, for some reason after a while of commenting on this particular thread, I've come to notice it giving me weird lag spikes whenever I jump from page to page or quoting others. I don't get this with any other thread on this site let alone anywhere else. I do have the comments display settings on the max count but that's hardly posed an issue with any other thread but this one for some odd reason.

Id be for it , this one is gone a bit oversized imo.

Took me 20 seconds before this quote box would load and yet I managed to quote on different pages prior to this one, it's definitely this thread giving the issues.

I'd suggest a new megathread with a different format for news, say compiling it all every 2-3 days a week rather than every day or hour, or at least if it's going to be every few hours then compile it towards a day or twos posting in one go. Either that or we don't post news that contains too much data to load since I have noticed images being a thing on every page.

I've never really had the chance to see or speak to Zarx and he hasn't really been on in a long time so I'd wonder if one of you gents will take up the task or appoint a new head for managing PC news on here.

zero129 said:

Zarx was pretty cool, it was a shame to see he doesnt really post here anymore but also not hard to see why. As for the thread i norminate you . I think you would do a great job of it .

lol while I'd like to take on such a role I actually suck at forum formatting news and delierving it in such a way that's structured neatly. That and my spelling and grammar errors can show up quite a lot which makes my not exactly the ebst of choices =P.

Chazore said:

There was going to be one around september but... We all got kinda busy to do one :P

It was gonna have PC builds, PC news, PC games, and quite a bit of other stuff

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850