By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

EIDOS Montreal Unveils Next-Gen Game Engine Called “Dawn Engine”, First Screenshot Unveiled

EIDOS Montreal has just unveiled its new game engine that will be used in all future Deus Ex titles for current-gen consoles and PC, called the Dawn Engine. The Dawn Engine is based on a heavily modified version of IO Interactive’s Glacier 2 engine, it represents the beginning of a new era for EIDOS Montreal. Continue reading

Primal Carnage: Extinction – Now Available On Steam Via Early Access Program

Circle 5 Studios and Pub Games have announced that Primal Carnage: Extinction is now available in Early Access on the Steam platform with a target full release in January 2015. In addition, Circle 5 Studios has provided with a review code, so expect to read our first impressions – hopefully – this weekend. Continue reading

ESRB Rating System Lists Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth 1& 2 For The PC

Good news for all JRPG fans as ESRB has listed Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth 1 and Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth 2 for the PC platform. While there isn’t any official word about these games hitting the PC, we can clearly see that there is something going on in the background. After all, ESRB rarely lists games on platforms that are not meant to be released. Continue reading

Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round – First Official PC Details Unveiled Via Steam Store Page

The first official details for the PC version of Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round were revealed a couple of hours ago via the game’s official Steam store page. According to Steam, the game will launch without support for online modes. Still, this does not mean that PC gamers will be getting an inferior version of this fighting game, as the team responsible for the PC version will add all online modes to it with a patch within 3 months of release. Continue reading

Resident Evil Remake – Release Date + New Screenshots + First PC Gameplay Footage

Capcom has announced that its HD remake of Resident Evil is coming to the PC on January 20th. The PC version will sport frame rate options, and will contain fully remastered sound effects with 5.1 surround support, as well as the ability to switch between 4:3 ratio or 16:9 widescreen mode at any given time. Furthermore, Capcom has released a new set of screenshots from the current-gen version of the game that can be viewed below, as well as the first PC gameplay footage. Enjoy! Continue reading

Dying Light – PC System Requirements Revealed – Are Insanely High

We seriously don’t know whether Techland is trolling with Dying Light’s insanely high PC requirements or not. Its Steam store page was updated today with both the minimum and recommended PC requirements, and we were literally left speechless after viewing them. 8GB of RAM as a minimum requirement and 16GB of RAM as a recommended requirement? A GTX670 as a minimum GPU? And an Intel i5-2500 as a minimum CPU requirement? Jesus Christ, what in the bloody hell Techland? You can view below the game’s PC requirements and have a good laugh. Oh and no, this isn’t an early April fools joke. Continue reading

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Oh and if you haven't signed up for the Steam Secret Santa do that now

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=194301

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell's cast work out their problems through the power of song

Comments1

Spontaneously bursting into song is a tried and tested method of working through problems, whether you’ve lost your car keys, or your father is Satan and he wants you to marry an ex-gang leader turned puckish rogue and superhero. 

Volition’s Saint’s Row IV - one of my favourite games from last year - parodied everything from Mass Effect to They Live, so the next logical step was, of course, a full length musical number. And we’ll be getting exactly that in the standalone expansion, Gat out of Hell. Take a gander below if you don’t mind spoiling the treat. 

Read and Comment

How BioWare created Krem, Dragon Age: Inquisition's tough mercenary lieutenant

Comments1

Between Dragon Age: Inquisition’s companions, war council and the residents of Skyhold, it’s hard to keep track of all the characters in BioWare’s gargantuan RPG. I’ve already made it very clear who I reckon the best character in Dragon Age: Inquisition is, but there’s another who has struck a chord with more than a few players: Krem. 

He’s a bit of a badass, is Krem. A member of Iron Bull’s Chargers, he’s a no nonsense bloke, a tough warrior, and able to match his boss when it comes to verbal sparring. He’s also transgender, born female, but identifying as male. BioWare writer Patrick Weekes has written a blog post detailing the creation of the character, and he provides interesting insights into the process. Expect some minor spoilers.

Read and Comment

Hearthstone's Goblins vs Gnomes cards sneak into the Arena early

Comment

Hearthstone’s expansion, Goblins vs Gnomes, won’t launch until Monday, but the diminutive engineers aren’t known for their patience. All of the new cards from the expansion are now available in the Arena, giving you lovely lot an early look at possible new additions to your finely-tuned deck. 

While you normally have to spend a bit of gold to get into Arena, Blizzard’s giving everyone one free go. And if you’re busy doing other things at the moment, don’t fret, because you can still watch others play, even if you can’t. Spectator mode is now live, so put your eyeballs to good use. 

The full patch notes for the expansion have also been posted, so take a gander below. 

Read and Comment

Total War: Rome II's getting some Hellenic love in the Wrath of Sparta campaign

Comment

Creative Assembly is in the midst of Total War: Attila development, so you might be wondering if Total War: Rome II has been consigned to the history books. Thankfully, given that it’s really started to hit its stride, that’s not the case. A new expansion campaign has been announced: Wrath of Sparta

Set in the earliest period a Total War game has tackled, Wrath of Sparta shines a spotlight on the Peloponnesian War, where the city states of Sparta and Athens clashed over control of Hellenic Greece. The war was a pretty big deal, and spawned the first proper history textbook, Thucydides’ History of the Peloponnesian war. Thucydides has a lot to answer for. 

Read and Comment

@TheVoxelman on twitter

AMD unveils major GPU driver update, Catalyst Omega

AMD has announced a major overhaul of their Catalyst graphics card driver software today, adding new features, improving performance and fixing a large number of bugs. The 'special edition' driver, which is the result of months of work, is one…

Read More

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Hollow Knight Gets Gameplay Video Demonstration

Team Cherry has released a new gameplay video for Hollow Knight, in which William and Ari take us on a brief tour of the game’s Forgotten Crossroads. Hollow Knight is a challenging and mysterious 2D adventure through a surreal world of insects and heroes, in which players can dive into the dreams of the strange bugs they meet and find bizarre new worlds full of danger and treasure. Enjoy! Continue reading

World of Warplanes – First Video Tutorial Focuses On Evasive Maneuvers

Wargaming has released a new video tutorial for World of Warplanes that focuses on evasive maneuvers that help players shake enemies off their tails and avoid potentially devastating damage. The three types of canopy roll, mastery of the game’s controls, and knowing exactly when to pull off the maneuvers will be just a few of the details revealed in the video. Enjoy! Continue reading

Etherium – Futuristic Real-time Strategy – New Details + Debut Trailer

Focus Home Interactive has revealed some new information about Tindalos Interactive upcoming PC strategy game, Etherium, and released a new trailer for it. Etherium futuristic real-time strategy game developed exclusively for PC in which three empires are locked in a ruthless struggle to control the etherium, a mysterious and precious resource found only on a handful of planets. Continue reading

Rainbow Six Siege – New Trailer Focuses On Input Driven Cover, Lean and Navigation

Ubisoft has released a new trailer for Rainbow Six Siege, in which Community Developer Chase Straight tells us more about the game’s input driven cover, lean, and navigation mechanics. Rainbow Six Siege will not feature a pre-determined covering system (like pretty much all the latest third-person shooters), and won’t force gamers into watching unskippable cut-scenes. In addition, the game will let players lean whenever they want to. Rainbow Six Siege is on the right track, so hopefully Ubisoft will deliver this time around. Enjoy! Continue reading

Dragon Age: Inquisition – Proper Tactical Viewpoints Achieved Via Cheat Engine

While Dragon Age: Inquisition is undoubtedly a great game, let’s all agree on one thing; the default tactical view is a mess. It’s awful, way too zoomed in for a tactical camera, and can be disorienting. Thankfully, Cheat Engine’s member ‘olegbl’ has released a mod – via Cheat Engine – that allows for better and more useful tactical viewpoints. Continue reading

Street Fighter V Is A Thing, Debut Trailer Leaked, Coming Exclusively On PS4 & PC

So, Street Fighter V is a thing. The good news is that the game is coming to the PC (as well as Sony’s current-gen console). The bad news – at least for Capcom – is that its debut trailer got leaked and can be viewed below. Our guess is that SFV was a ‘Game Awards’ announcement, so expect to read more about this new fighting game in a couple of hours. Until then, enjoy the trailer after the jump! Continue reading

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Late to the party: The Witcher — A Man Chooses

Comments13

I should have known The Witcher wasn't going to have a happy ending. It's a dark fantasy world where the greatest threat to the world might not be an evil wizard, but the bigoted resentments of your neighbors. Squalor of every kind is omnipresent, and every good deed seems to go unnoticed.

And still I was surprised as the credits rolled. In the last few minutes of the original Witcher, everything I'd spent the past thirty hours trying to avoid seemed to happen anyway. I'd saved the world, maybe, and then watched it trip headlong into the gutter.

So what was the point of it all? Answering that question made me realize just what a singularly strong start The Witcher was for a new series, and why it holds up as a narrative experience even if the game itself is over the hill.

Read and Comment

Payday 2 is holding a Christmas Heist. Join in for free guns and snowy rescues

Comment

Payday 2 developer Overkill has got itself all festive and produced a new update for the game that brings the true spirit of the holidays to the heist simulator. 

The White Xmas Heist asks you to help rescue Vlad’s brother from his plane wreckage, and secure a few bricks of not-snow white powder before anyone else gets their grubby mitts on them. Oh, there’s a novelty Christmas carol involved, too. 

Read and Comment

Final Fantasy 13 is finally getting boosted to 1080p with new patch

Comment

Final Fantasy 13 finally made its way to the PC last October, but the port wasn’t everything it should have been. Locked at a fuzzy 720p, it was up to modders to release it from its low-resolution prison. 

Square Enix have finally got round to rectifying this mistake though, and will next week ship out a patch that upgrades the visuals to HD and beyond. 

Read and Comment

Paradox’s procedural RPG Runemaster has had development put on ice

Comment

Early this year Paradox announced that it would be developing a new fantasy RPG game called Runemaster. Unfortunately work on the project has stumbled, and the dev team have made the decision to “freeze development” of Runemaster.

Read and Comment

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network
Conina said:

zarx said:

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round Coming To Steam, Steam Logo Appears On Official Trailer

Great news! I hope that game works well with stereoscopic 3D.

DD in 3D! ;)

As far as I've heard, that didn't make the 3DS game any better...

@Virtua Fighter V Street Fighter V: That is very weird if true. Why have they decided to skip XboxOne?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Conina said:

DD in 3D! ;)

Everything is better in 3D if it doesn't come with a bad trade-off (lower resolution, slow-downs, graphic effects that only work in 2D).

Conina said:
JEMC said:
Conina said:

DD in 3D! ;)

Everything is better in 3D if it doesn't come with a bad trade-off (lower resolution, slow-downs, graphic effects that only work in 2D).

But it had the advantage of being portable and thus taking it with you wherever you needed it like... the toilet?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Oculus console partnership was never on the cards

Comment

Back in March, Oculus were bought by Facebook for $2 billion. The deal took much of the tech world by surprise because there’d been rumours that the console giants, Sony and Microsoft, had been interested in buying the VR company.

However, Oculus’ CEO Brendan Iribe says that “we were thinking the whole time that we wouldn't partner with Microsoft or Sony.”

Read and Comment

Blizzard plan to add content to Warlords of Draenor’s garrisons “in every patch”

Comment

Blizzard’s packed Warlords of Draenor with things to do. There’s a new continent to explore, raids to run, and dungeons to mine. However, traditional content aside, it’s Draenor’s garrisons which have made players happiest.

Garrison’s lets every player command their own small settlement. You can build and upgrade structures, send your followers out on quests, and finally feel like the king of your own castle.

Blizzard have no intention of leaving garrisons as they are, though.

Read and Comment

Mojang announce Scrolls release date and patch tweaks 28 cards

Comment

At long last Mojang think Scrolls is ready to step out of beta and into the harsh light of 1.0. They’ve announced Scrolls’ release date is set for 11 December.

The collectible card game’s been in beta for more than a year, originally releasing on 3 June, 2013. Regular patches and updates have tweaked the cards, you can now play drafts against other players, and you can craft shiny cards, too.

There's also been a significant balancing patch which has tweaked the values of 28 cards.

Read and Comment

Dying Light system requirements, now with less crazy

Comment

Techland has released the system requirements for the free-running, zombie-slaying action romp, Dying Light. These system requirements are actually the second batch. The first demanded 16GB of RAM in the recommended list, and a GTX670 as a minimum GPU. Thankfully, this seems to have been a mistake, and the list has been updated with more reasonable requirements. 

Have a look at them below. 

Read and Comment

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams – “Dream Rush” Multiplayer Game Mode Now Available

Black Forest Games has released a new update for Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams that adds a Multiplayer game mode to it. As the press release reads, the all new “Dream Rush” competitive mode supports up to four players competing against each other. In order to celebrate this release, Black Forest Games has also rolled out a new trailer dedicated to this MP mode. Continue reading

Dead Island: Epidemic Is Now In Open Beta

Deep Silver announced today that Dead Island: Epidemic has entered its open beta testing phase. This basically means that all PC gamers can go ahead and play it for free on Steam. In addition, the publisher has released a new trailer for this MOBA game that can be viewed below. Continue reading

Black Desert – Two New Videos Show Why This Is Considered The Most Beautiful MMORPG To Date

Our reader ‘Ali Alawami’ has informed us about two additional videos for Pearl Abyss’ upcoming MMORPG, Black Desert. Black Desert enters its open beta phase on December 17th and looks simply stunning. Unfortunately, however, this open beta testing is available only to Korea. Enjoy! Continue reading

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha Mod – Developer’s Cut Version Announced & Detailed

The team behind the Lost Alpha mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. has just announced its Director’s Cut version. While there is still no ETA for this new version of Lost Alpha, the team has unveiled some of the changes that will be implemented in it. Continue reading

@TheVoxelman on twitter