By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

AMD Radeon RX 6000 ‘RDNA 2’ Refresh Rumored For Mid-2022 Launch, RX 6500 Non-XT In May For Around $130 US

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-6000-rdna-2-refresh-rumored-for-mid-2022-launch-rx-6500-non-xt-in-may/

Sony's Jim Ryan to GameIndustry.biz: "We are starting to go multiplatform"

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2022-01-31-playstation-bungie-will-considerably-accelerate-our-journey-with-multiplatform-live-service-games

"I've been on record talking about increasing the size of the PlayStation community, and expanding beyond our historic console heartland. This can take many forms. And definitely one of the main ones is the ability for the wonderful games that we've been making over the past 25 years to be enjoyed in different places and played in different ways. We are starting to go multiplatform, you've seen that. We have an aggressive road map with live services. And the opportunity to work with, and particularly learn from, the brilliant and talented people from Bungie... that is going to considerably accelerate the journey we find ourselves on."

"Philosophically, this isn't about pulling things into the PlayStation world. This is about building huge and wonderful new worlds together."

I do think this increases the chances of having day 1 releases on PC. Especially now that Sony is going to lose a notable chunk of their revenue thanks to MS making games exclusive.

Newegg Scammed Us

Gamers Nexus bought an open box motherboard cause they were having an issue with one of theirs. By the time the motherboard came, they fixed the issue so they didn't need it anymore. Gamers Nexus started a return as they didn't even open the shipping box but once it got returned to newegg, newegg declined the return due to bent pin.

This is certainly insane but it's also why I never buy open boxed stuff. The only time I'd even think about buying open box would be from Amazon, Bestbuy or Apple cause their customer service will take anything back without any fuss. Good to see newegg land on a mine and hopefully, something will change.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Rhonin the wizard said:

The laptop my parents use is on its last legs, so I was thinking buying myself a new one and giving my current one to them.

Current laptop specs - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 4 cores, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4.0 GB, RAM 32GB, SSD 450GB, HDD 1TB, display 15.6''

Clearly I don't want an weaker one, what I am looking for 17.13'' display, processor i7 or higher with 8 cores, GPU 4GB minimum, SSD 1TB, RAM preferably 32GB, but I can work with less.

Some laptops I am eyeing.

ASUS TUF F17 FX706HCB
Intel® Core™ i7-11800H, RAM 16GB, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3050 4GB
cost $1212

Clevo Dream Machines RG3050
Intel® Core™ i7-11800H, RAM 16GB, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3050 4GB
Of note is that it can have max RAM 64GB
cost $1430

ASUS TUF F17 FX706HM
Intel® Core™ i7-11800H, RAM 16GB, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 6GB
cost $1600

ASUS TUF F17 FX706HM
Intel® Core™ i9-11900H, RAM 16GB, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 6GB
cost $1875

HP OMEN 17-ck0007nq
Intel® Core™ i7-11800H, RAM 16GB, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB
cost $1944

HP OMEN 17-ck0000nq
Intel® Core™ i9-11900H, RAM 32GB, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB
cost $2516

Regarding RAM, my current laptop initially had 8 and I upgraded to 32, but I didn't throw away the old one. So I can put it back and use the 32 in the new laptop.

The last one does have the best specs, but it is rather expensive and I'm not sure the difference is worth it. Any advice?

I would say at a minimum, get a 3060 laptop. Also many of the laptops are being refreshed with new generation of CPUs/GPUs as we speak so it might be wise to find one with 12th gen Intel CPUs or 6000 series AMD CPUs. 12th gen does have a pretty notable performance advantage over 11th gen in laptops while adding in better battery. AMD's 6000 series CPUs also has good performance while having much better battery life then Intel but CPU performance should be weaker.

I personally avoid HP laptops as they are known to have issues. I personally look for Asus or Alienware when they are on sale. One thing to note though is Intel's 12th gen and AMD's 6000 series uses DDR5 ram so you won't be able to put your 32gb into the new laptops.

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 02 February 2022

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I would say at a minimum, get a 3060 laptop. Also many of the laptops are being refreshed with new generation of CPUs/GPUs as we speak so it might be wise to find one with 12th gen Intel CPUs or 6000 series AMD CPUs. 12th gen does have a pretty notable performance advantage over 11th gen in laptops while adding in better battery. AMD's 6000 series CPUs also has good performance while having much better battery life then Intel but CPU performance should be weaker.

I personally avoid HP laptops as they are known to have issues. I personally look for Asus or Alienware when they are on sale. One thing to note though is Intel's 12th gen and AMD's 6000 series uses DDR5 ram so you won't be able to put your 32gb into the new laptops.

Just looked for that laptop, MSI GE76, it had a price of about $4751, that is way more than I would be willing to spend. And it's out of stock nou.

If looking for 3060 that narrows down my choices to

ASUS TUF F17 FX706HM
cost $1600

ASUS TUF F17 FX706HM
cost $1875

I think I'll go with the i7, don't think the performance gains would be worth the cost of the i9.

Rhonin the wizard said:

Just looked for that laptop, MSI GE76, it had a price of about $4751, that is way more than I would be willing to spend. And it's out of stock nou.

If looking for 3060 that narrows down my choices to

ASUS TUF F17 FX706HM
cost $1600

ASUS TUF F17 FX706HM
cost $1875

I think I'll go with the i7, don't think the performance gains would be worth the cost of the i9.

I wasn't recommending the GE76 but rather just to show you the performance uplift of 12th gen compared to previous generation CPUs.

And yea, I wouldn't get the i9. An i7 or i5 laptop paired with a 3060 would be the best bang per buck. If you don't need it right away, the 11th gen CPU laptops should be getting discounted as more and more 12th gen/6000 series laptops come out. If you do need it right away, then yea, the i7 would be the best in your selection.

Around the Network
Rhonin the wizard said:

Team17 cancels NFTs
https://www.pcgamesn.com/worms/team17-cancels-nfts
Indie label Team17 has announced an end to its MetaWorms NFT initiative, following public backlash from both players and development partners. The company now says it will “step back from the NFT space”. The MetaWorm project was initially described as an “environmentally friendly” take on NFTs, allowing people to own digital art of Team17’s most iconic property, Worms.
>>Excellent.

Report: Bandai Namco was Aware of Dark Souls Security Exploit for Years
https://wccftech.com/report-bandai-namco-was-aware-of-dark-souls-security-exploit-for-years/
Remember that Dark Souls exploit that caused a lot of trouble for PC users? Well, it turns out that Bandai Namco might have been aware of this issue for quite some time. According to a new report from VGC, multiple individuals have discovered the exploit as early as 2019. This means that Bandai Namco might've been aware of the issue for a long time... So, a repeat of the GOG Galaxy situation.
>>Also states that Elden Ring could have the same problems.

Edit:

Valve to reduce Steam discount cycle to 28 days
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2022-02-01-valve-to-reduce-steams-discount-cycle-to-28-days
Today Valve announced that on March 28 that the discount cycle for products sold on Steam will be reduced to 28 days.
The change says that at minimum, 28 days must pass between the end of one discount and the start of another.

So Team17 cancels it because of the backlash rom gamers and developers. Good. But why is EA also taking back what they said? (Not that I'm complaining, tho).
Could this be, just maybe, the result of the massive rejection from gamers and also developers?

Also, if that's true, Bandai Namco deserves to go to hell.

Sorry I can't help you with your laptop upgrade. I know next to nothing about them (other than I have them with passion). Thankfully, Yuri is here to help.

BasilZero said:

Hmmm interesting that they are doing it at 28 days, wonder what it was before that?

I dont remember seeing any games getting multiple discounts within a month..then again most of my purchases have been outside of Steam except for the Summer/Winter/Autumn/Halloween/Lunar sales.

I also wondered how long was the waiting time between sales. Hopefully someone shares that info now that it's been changed.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

hinch said:

Yeah the factions have worked together for a few expansions (in lore) now so it makes sense. I'm actually surprised its taken them this long to implement tbh.. this should have been done a long arse time ago. Like before the numbers dropped off and popularity went. Though Blizzard are finally making good decisions now, its a little late. I feel that the time between now and the new expansion is crucial for Blizzard in that it will make or break WoW in the next couple of years; at least for retail.

Ngl, it'll be weird doing PvP with horde, seeing as I've been play Alliance for years lol. It'll be interesting though, and will make dungeon queuing a little less pita.

I know half the reason as to why this is becoming a thing now, and that's partly down to the fact that there are some servers out there that contain very few Alliance players, while there are some servers completely dominated by horde or vice versa, and by them allowing both to play together, it means faction imbalance on any server would become a thing of the past.

So not only does it make sense lore-wise, but it also makes sense, player count/business wise (since those on nearly dead faction servers would simply cancel their sub, rather than pay to transfer all their toons to a new server). 

For me I've been Horde for years lol. I started the game as Alliance, opting for Human Warlock, but by BC I went with an undead Warlock and never really went back (except for that one time I wanted to thank an Ally player for saving my skin on a world boss pull, so I made a Worgen to thank them, as Horde/Ally cannot speak to one another, thanks to the stupid language barrier). 

This might also get me to create a few Alliance toons as well, since Id like to see raids/dungeons from different pov's, and being able to play with both now is gonna make that more enticing. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Dying Light 2 Stay Human: PS5 vs Xbox Series X/S Comparison - 30FPS/60FPS/RT Modes Tested!

Ray Tracing seems to make quite a big difference in visuals for this game.

Of course, that does mean quite the performance deficit for RDNA 2 based systems and it's hard to run on Nvidia GPUs as well. Here are some early benchmarks if you are looking to play this game but I'd wait until DF releases their PC review.

Ray Tracing:

Ray Tracing + DLSS/FSR:

Raster:

https://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/dying-light-2-stay-human-test-gpu-cpu

1080P for PS5/XSX for performance (60FPS) mode is pretty awful. And looking at the performance charts on PC, looks to be a super demanding game. It does look nice though.

@Chazore Yeah I mean I got a free transfer on one of my mains (EU) on one of my old characters on a dead server, so its not so bad in some cases. Though transfers don't solve the issue of server/realm imbalance so a x-faction play was kinda needed. Also a lot of people aren't willing to spend money to transfer their toons so they can play the game, so many quit. 

I kinda dabbled with both but my friends always want to go Alliance for some reason lol. Tbh I'd want them to remove the language barrier eventually since its quite annoying that you can't chat to the opposing faction without making a new character on Retail or the server's Discord.

hinch said:

1080P for PS5/XSX for performance (60FPS) mode is pretty awful. And looking at the performance charts on PC, looks to be a super demanding game. It does look nice though.

@Chazore Yeah I mean I got a free transfer on one of my mains (EU) on one of my old characters on a dead server, so its not so bad in some cases. Though transfers don't solve the issue of server/realm imbalance so a x-faction play was kinda needed. Also a lot of people aren't willing to spend money to transfer their toons so they can play the game, so many quit. 

I kinda dabbled with both but my friends always want to go Alliance for some reason lol. Tbh I'd want them to remove the language barrier eventually since its quite annoying that you can't chat to the opposing faction without making a new character on Retail or the server's Discord.

It took me some years and a few transfers to figure that me moving from dead server to dead server wasn't going to last forever, so I stopped bothering with it and stuck myself with an EU horde dominated one. Only annoying issue with it is, is that the damn thing reached a high player cap, which means you're stuckin line (though thankfully that doesn't happen much these days, what with SL being in the gutter atm). 

They really should remove the barrier, because we both know that lore-wise, all races have spoken English to one another, save for the semi recent alien/insect style races (the ones with less intellect). 

I guess their original excuse was that they didn't want both factions to spam swears and insults at one another, and thought no one on the same side would ever rage at their own faction players...oh boy was that ever wrong:

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"