By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger reached 4.5 million downloads during its giveaway on Steam.

GameJolt has decided to ban adult content on its site. According to the dev of Future Fragments this was done without prior notice to creators. In related news Harem Collector will be making its way to Steam.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Alienware drops an insane Quantum Dot OLED gaming monitor at CES

https://www.windowscentral.com/alienware-aw3423dw-ces

"The result is a 34-inch ultrawide monitor with a 1800R curve and 21:9 aspect ratio. And since this is a gaming display, that OLED panel comes paired with gamer-friendly specs. Over DisplayPort, you can push a 3440 x 1400 resolution at 175Hz, while over HDMI the same resolution drops the refresh rate to a still respectable 100Hz."

I'm more interested in an LG OLED C2 42'', 120 Hz is good enough for me.

With a custom resolution you can turn the 42''-monitor 3840 x 2160 (16:9) into 40'' with 3840 x 1645 resolution:

Conina said:
Captain_Yuri said:

"The result is a 34-inch ultrawide monitor with a 1800R curve and 21:9 aspect ratio. And since this is a gaming display, that OLED panel comes paired with gamer-friendly specs. Over DisplayPort, you can push a 3440 x 1400 resolution at 175Hz, while over HDMI the same resolution drops the refresh rate to a still respectable 100Hz."

I'm more interested in an LG OLED C2 42'', 120 Hz is good enough for me.

With a custom resolution you can turn the 42''-monitor 3840 x 2160 (16:9) into 40'' with 3840 x 1645 resolution:

Yea I'd have to see. While the LG OLED 42 inch sounds like it could be quite good, it might still be too big in terms of real estate and the PPI might still not be there with the whole wrgb sub pixel alignment not to mention the brightness issues and such with TVs. I'll have to wait for a good comparison between Samsungs QD-OLED, Alienware's QD-OLED and LG's OLED. Least the good news is that in 2022, there's tons of choices unlike previous years if you got the money.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

More monitors announced.. Several 27" 1440P/360hz displays with mini-LED incoming.. we have the -

Asus ROG Swift 360Hz PG27AQN, AOC AG274QGM, AGON PRO Mini LED, MSI MEG 271Q, and ViewSonic XG272G-2K

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/nvidia-announces-new-1400p-360hz-monitors-as-new-esports-standard/

Looks like Mini-LED's are going to make a big splash this year with OLED's joining in too.

Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

By the way, have you read the rumor about Zen4 and its mix of cores? It would be incredible (if true).

Yea Zen 4 is certainly going to be interesting. AMD certainly going to put up a pretty big fight. 2022 is gonna be pretty hype for PC gamers.

It does look interesting and, again if true, a better solution than Intel's of using two kinds of CPUs.

It sure looks like 2022 will be a good year, hardware wise. Now there's the "small" detail of actually being able to get hold of the hardware.

Captain_Yuri said:

*snip*

No HDMI 2.1 so can't win em all I suppose. Still sounds hella fap worthy

Impressive but, being OLED and Alienware, it will be stupidly expensive.

Rhonin the wizard said:

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger reached 4.5 million downloads during its giveaway on Steam.

GameJolt has decided to ban adult content on its site. According to the dev of Future Fragments this was done without prior notice to creators. In related news Harem Collector will be making its way to Steam.

Maybe that will open the door for a new Call of Juarez game soon. After all, why did they give this one for free if not to hype a new installment?

And we'll see if that decision pays off for GameJolt or, if other before them, they have to backtrack or lose a lot of traffic.

hinch said:

More monitors announced.. Several 27" 1440P/360hz displays with mini-LED incoming.. we have the -

Asus ROG Swift 360Hz PG27AQN, AOC AG274QGM, AGON PRO Mini LED, MSI MEG 271Q, and ViewSonic XG272G-2K

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/nvidia-announces-new-1400p-360hz-monitors-as-new-esports-standard/

Looks like Mini-LED's are going to make a big splash this year with OLED's joining in too.

Good. Now we still have to see how they'll implement them.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

The games for Humble Choice January 2022 have been revealed.

Kind of a meh start to the year. I already own 43 (technically speaking I didn't own Iron Harvest, not the Iron Harvest 1920+ DLC anyway) of them, and 1 is on my wishlist (Mafia), though Rebel Cops, Rustler, and Midnight Protocol look interesting.

Last edited by Rhonin the wizard - on 04 January 2022

@JEMC Yeah, hopefully the majority will deliver and we see some really good quality displays. Particularly the more premium manufacturers who use more Mini-LED's, invest more into R&D and use higher grade components. Going to guess manufacturers like Samsung, LG and ASUS to be top tier in that regard. The comparisons between them should be quite interesting. Looking forward to reviews on Hardware Unboxed and other Youtubers and see how they stack up.

Not looking to upgrade for a while yet though this is exciting stuff indeed!

Intel Keynote was trash, they didn't announce any desktop gpus, they talked about laptop arc gpu's without mentioning any specific models or even specs/performance. Really terrible lol.

Welp Intel's press conference had nothing of Interest...

Slightly faster CPU Sku with KS.
Intel Arc GPU for laptops only so far.
No real performance numbers so have no idea where it will land...

RIP

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Rhonin the wizard said:

The games for Humble Choice January 2022 have been revealed.

Kind of a meh start to the year. I already own 4 of them, and 1 is on my wishlist (Mafia), though Rebel Cops, Rustler, and Midnight Protocol look interesting.

Mafia: Definitive Edition is an awesome remake!

I bought it las week in the Epic sale. Gladly my gaming time is still under two hours, so I asked for a refund and will get the Humble Bundle after that.