By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Captain_Yuri said:

Linus did a video where he has people play a few games and see if they could tell the difference between which games has Ray Tracing and which games don't.

The conclusion is, the technical people were able to tell but the more casual ones weren't. Of course the problem with the entire comparison is that he mainly used games that has very light uses of Ray Tracing instead of something modern like Cyberpunk. He did use Minecraft RTX as well but he also left it at a base map instead of creating something that could showcase Ray Tracing.

So while the video could have been interesting, I think that was poor execution.

No offence to Linus, but I think of him these days as more of a gimmick and click-bait kinda guy. He shows off all these gizmos he's tinkering with at his stupid, chucking in so many Linus shop ads (getting pretty sick of those already), and flip flopping back and forth with "guy this, no wait don't buy this X company personally gyped me"

I find myself watching GN a bit more than Linus these days, mostly because he's straight to the point, doesn't shove ads like Linus does, and isn't so flippity floppity.

Also, going by the tests he did with RTX, doesn't come off as entirely faithful of a test, when like you said, he wasn't using the RT heavy games, and instead opted for the ones where RT basically matters so little, making the test not a decent one to even bother with. (Also doesn't help his creditability when he resorted to telling us when to Mine for bitcoin, when he told us beforehand that Mining is bad and sucks). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Humble Bundle has reversed its decision on removing the sliders, for now.

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Linus did a video where he has people play a few games and see if they could tell the difference between which games has Ray Tracing and which games don't.

The conclusion is, the technical people were able to tell but the more casual ones weren't. Of course the problem with the entire comparison is that he mainly used games that has very light uses of Ray Tracing instead of something modern like Cyberpunk. He did use Minecraft RTX as well but he also left it at a base map instead of creating something that could showcase Ray Tracing.

So while the video could have been interesting, I think that was poor execution.

No offence to Linus, but I think of him these days as more of a gimmick and click-bait kinda guy. He shows off all these gizmos he's tinkering with at his stupid, chucking in so many Linus shop ads (getting pretty sick of those already), and flip flopping back and forth with "guy this, no wait don't buy this X company personally gyped me"

I find myself watching GN a bit more than Linus these days, mostly because he's straight to the point, doesn't shove ads like Linus does, and isn't so flippity floppity.

Also, going by the tests he did with RTX, doesn't come off as entirely faithful of a test, when like you said, he wasn't using the RT heavy games, and instead opted for the ones where RT basically matters so little, making the test not a decent one to even bother with. (Also doesn't help his creditability when he resorted to telling us when to Mine for bitcoin, when he told us beforehand that Mining is bad and sucks). 

Yea pretty much. It feels like his objective was to show that there isn't much of a difference rather than his objective being a true comparison. Quite the shame really as it could have been interesting.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Rhonin the wizard said:

Good good

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

linus with another shit take heh

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Rhonin the wizard said:

It's the best decision they could take given the reaction among potential buyers gamers.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Captain_Yuri said:

Yea pretty much. It feels like his objective was to show that there isn't much of a difference rather than his objective being a true comparison. Quite the shame really as it could have been interesting.

I've also just been thinking, that after the whole nvidia debacle with Unboxed and Linus's stand, makes me wonder if Linus is tossing in a lil bias (since first it was, "damn you nvidia", then "cards are great for mining" to this, and it just seems a bit sporadic for someone like Linus).

We could see GN doing a similar vid, if we all pipe up and ask him real nicely.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

kirby007 said:

Gonna go with the "dad with shit takes" syndrome, because ever since he's had two kids, he's kinda gone offhands with his own company and come out with more loopy, ad based takes. 

Blizzard is losing millions of players across all of its games
https://www.pcgamer.com/blizzard-is-losing-millions-of-players-across-all-of-its-games/
Activision Blizzard's latest financial results reveal that Blizzard lost another two million players across its games in just three months.
As spotted by MassivelyOP, Blizzard's monthly active users fell from 29 million in February (Q4 2020) to 27 million in this quarter's results. The outlet notes that this is part of a steady trend for Blizzard, which has lost 11 million players in the last three years—a 29% drop in players across all titles.
That said, Blizzard isn't exactly struggling. The developer's revenue increased 7% year-over-year, driven heavily by World of Warcraft: Shadowlands' release. Hearthstone's latest expansion, Forged in the Barrens, also performed strongly, with Blizzard reckoning it's on track to outperform its previous expansion for the second consecutive release.
>> And that's despite Overwatch gaining 10 million players

8.95 million of those new Overwatch players are just smurf accounts of existing playerbase. So this news about drop sounds right.

Chazore said:
kirby007 said:

Gonna go with the "dad with shit takes" syndrome, because ever since he's had two kids, he's kinda gone offhands with his own company and come out with more loopy, ad based takes. 

I think it has more to do with at this point he has probably close to 50 employees.  It more a media company then a YouTube channel.  It just happen that there most important revenue stream come from YouTube.  

When you got more then a million dollars of salaries you need to pay out each year you become more aware of how what you say could affect future income for the business. 

Most tech channels have less then 5 full time employees.