By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Conina said:
JEMC said:

I wanted a 240GB drive but he wanted a bigger one, and he wanted a physical copy of Windows... Well, it's his money.

The specs are:

• SSD: A 480GB Crucial BX500

That's funny... this week I was going to use my old 240 GB SSD as extended storage on my PS4 Pro.

But 240 GB wasn#t good enough for that, Sony has drawn the line at 250 GB. Because... reasons:

*snip*

So I had to switch it with the 480 GB SSD of my Xbox One X... which accepted the 240 GB SSD without any problems. 

That's a weird limitation, but console makers do some really odd decisions sometimes.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Rumored Nvidia launch dates for the Ti variants. 3080Ti, May 26th and 3070Ti in early June.

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-allegedly-launches-may-25th-rtx-3070-ti-early-june

Think we've heard about it before but rip 3070Ti with 8GB GDDR6X. Also Alien Isolation now free on Epic Games Store - Videocardz.

Last edited by hinch - on 23 April 2021

hinch said:

Rumored Nvidia launch dates for the Ti variants. 3080Ti, May 26th and 3070Ti in early June.

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-allegedly-launches-may-25th-rtx-3070-ti-early-june

Think we've heard about it before but rip 3070Ti with 8GB GDDR6X. Also Alien Isolation now free on Epic Games Store - Videocardz.

While it's good that Nvidia now has a card that... On Paper (cause it will cost 2x+ in real life) is a direct competitor to the 6900XT and 6800 in terms of price and Raster performance, it is a bit disappointing. Because in the past, a refresh signifies more powerful GPUs for similar price.

2070 MSRP: $500 then you had 2070 Super MSRP: $500 which performed very close to a 2080.

Now you have 3070 Ti and 3080 Ti which more so just puts the cards in between the price gaps that AMD is in. Also 8GB is pretty yikes. The irony is that the 3080 laptop which has the same core count as the 3070 Ti (But obviously less clocks) comes in 16GB of Vram. But granted G6 instead of the G6X.

I suppose that is the current market trend. Where refreshes no longer give you more performance for the same price but rather just fill in the hole when it comes to price gaps.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Sorry, guys. Today's been very busy. I'll try to post the news later .

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Some news

Hood: Outlaws & Legends Q&A – 60 FPS and Ray Tracing on PS5/XSX, NVIDIA DLSS Coming to PC Post-Launch

https://wccftech.com/hood-outlaws-legends-qa-60-fps-ray-tracing/

Now that I think about it, since DLSS is in the major engines (UE, Unity and Cry Engine), even when Super Resolution comes out and assuming it will be good (which I doubt it will be initially), I think DLSS will get continued support because of how easy it is to implement. Especially with some engines like Unity implementing it natively.

Of course, I wouldn't recommend buying RDNA 2 for the promise of Super Resolution to begin with. Especially after how janky RDNA 2's RT performance has been. Better to hold for RDNA 3 if RT or Super Resolution matters to you and you hate Nvidia.

NVIDIA staff suggests rolling back Windows 10 update to fix game issues

""If you are seeing lower performance in games, check if rolling back Windows 10 Update KB5000842 solves the issue," an NVIDIA staff member commented in the NVIDIA forums."

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/nvidia-staff-suggests-rolling-back-windows-10-update-to-fix-game-issues/

Good old Windows updates

Intel Q1 2021 Earnings: The Company’s Story of a Turnaround Looks To Be Turbulent

https://wccftech.com/intel-q1-2021-earnings-the-companys-story-of-a-turnaround-looks-to-be-turbulent/

While Intel is still quite profitable, their stock took a dump due to their datacenter sales being down 20% which is really bad for the company as that is where they make the most amount of money.

Also bitcoin has been falling which is good news!

Hopefully it stays like that!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Sorry, guys. Today's been very busy. I'll try to post the news later .

Don't worry about it!

Captain_Yuri said:
hinch said:

Think we've heard about it before but rip 3070Ti with 8GB GDDR6X.

While it's good that Nvidia now has a card that... On Paper (cause it will cost 2x+ in real life) is a direct competitor to the 6900XT and 6800 in terms of price and Raster performance, it is a bit disappointing. Because in the past, a refresh signifies more powerful GPUs for similar price.

2070 MSRP: $500 then you had 2070 Super MSRP: $500 which performed very close to a 2080.

Now you have 3070 Ti and 3080 Ti which more so just puts the cards in between the price gaps that AMD is in. Also 8GB is pretty yikes. The irony is that the 3080 laptop which has the same core count as the 3070 Ti (But obviously less clocks) comes in 16GB of Vram. But granted G6 instead of the G6X.

I suppose that is the current market trend. Where refreshes no longer give you more performance for the same price but rather just fill in the hole when it comes to price gaps.

For prices yeah it sucks. With the current market Nvidia and AMD can price things as they want and that means that there no real need to match or lower gen to gen for pricing (or refreshes) when demand is so high. Hopefully, the mining crash comes soon and more GPU's are available later this year for actual users and prices will even out. I'm still rooting for the Intel who could be real underdog - shame its 3070Ti competitor is rumored to drop next year.

But yeah this refresh seems lazy and late. No Lovelace in 2021 and both manufacturers don't have any incentive to offer good value in the GPU space when there's practically no competition but themselves.

Do I want that 3070Ti though!

Last edited by hinch - on 23 April 2021

2024 Summer Olympics will include video games: Gamer World News Entertainment CEO

"Competitive video gaming is expected to be part of the 2024 Summer Olympic Games, according to Gamer World News Entertainment CEO Gayle Dickie.

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) is reportedly considering adding “eSports” in an attempt to attract younger viewers. The IOC elected Paris as host city of the Games of the XXXIII Olympiad 2024 and with 2.2 billion gamers throughout the world, Dickie says, adding video gaming will substantially increase viewership of the summer games.

“[Olympic games] viewership is down 24 percent in the 18-49 demos,” she said."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2024-summer-olympics-will-include-video-games-gamer-world-news-entertainment-ceo

It is kinda big news for esports but kinda weird at the same time.

Captain_Yuri said:

Looking back Nvidia 20 series was the exception and how they handling the 30 series is the normal.  20 series was in a odd place since Nvidia was trying to get more people to adapt it being the first generation to support ray tracing so they was motivated to at least attempt to make it more attractive till they was ready to release the 30 series.

hinch said:
Captain_Yuri said:

For prices yeah it sucks. With the current market Nvidia and AMD can price things as they want and that means that there no real need to match or lower gen to gen for pricing (or refreshes) when demand is so high. Hopefully, the mining crash comes soon and more GPU's are available later this year for actual users and prices will even out. I'm still rooting for the Intel who could be real underdog - shame its 3070Ti competitor is rumored to drop next year.

But yeah this refresh seems lazy and late. No Lovelace in 2021 and both manufacturers don't have any incentive to offer good value in the GPU space when there's practically no competition but themselves.

Do I want that 3070Ti though!

It would be funny if that switch pro rumour comes true and it's running Lovelace while PC has to wait until 2022 to get the desktop version. It would be so weird.

But yea, Intel is now in this weird position that AMD was in for the past several years where we were looking to them to be the best bang per buck. Now that AMD has shown themselves to not care about value anymore and Nvidia always charged premium for their performance and exclusive features, Intel has now taken the underdog position. I just hope that they don't pull a rocket lake and price half their line up in a stupid way.