By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Captain_Yuri said:

Funly enough, I have the D15 but I want to switch it up since I had air cooling for a while.

That was my thinking too. About 13 years ago when I started planning my new PC. Waiting time makes you think a lot.

I mean I could use the D15 in my current PC, but who wants a gross used cooler on a shiny new PC.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Apparently even Vtubers are getting into PCs now.

"if anyone is interested the specs are:
CPU i9-10900k 10-core 3.7 GHz
GPU rtx 3090
PSU 850w gold
64gb ram (3000MHz)
1tb SSD + 4tb HDD
"

Nb choices

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

vivster said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Funly enough, I have the D15 but I want to switch it up since I had air cooling for a while.

That was my thinking too. About 13 years ago when I started planning my new PC. Waiting time makes you think a lot.

I mean I could use the D15 in my current PC, but who wants a gross used cooler on a shiny new PC.

Loll that's the main reason why I am ending up replacing most of the components instead of just switching it over. My initial plan was just to swap the GPU but it all changed when the Crypto boom, Christmas bonuses and Tax free Government Covid money started to come in. Like I don't even need to have Covid or be unemployeed to get the Government money. And of course, the performance increase of Zen 3, the speed of the new SSDs and etc played a big role as well.

It's like, ya know what. It's been a shit year. May as well end it off with a bang! (Least in Theory while I wait for my cpu to be in stock)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

First ES of Alder Lake has been benchmarked. The chip is still far from launching, and it shows: The 16-core/24 threads (the 8 Atom cores don't know SMT) chip's results so far are only on par with the Ryzen 5 3600 in MT despite having over twice the cores and twice the threads.

*** NEW CONTESTS ***

This is Guru3D's last competition.

The two winners will get an Arquus W73Ø Razer Chroma-enabled fiber optic HDMI cable, a light-up Aceso W10 USB Type-C to Type-A cable, and a Xenos W30 4K fiber-optic HDMI cable.

Since we can describe this contest as lackluster, it's no surprise to see that it's GLOBAL.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

The news today are scarce, but hey, they're last news of the year!

SALES /PLAYER COUNT & DEALS

Here are 23 good games at $1 or less in the 2020 winter sales
https://www.pcgamer.com/here-are-23-good-games-at-dollar1-or-less-in-the-2020-winter-sales/
With the Winter video game sales in full swing, or winding down with giveaways in some cases, it's always prudent to trawl for the good stuff that's good and cheap. Like, less than $1 American cheap. That, my friends, is cheap. So, like last year, I went trawling through the terrible search systems of the online PC game platforms to find you some sweet deals.
>> The deals are for games at Steam, GOG and Itch.io.

Talking about the Winter Sales, keep in mind that GOG's Winter Sale will end Monday 4th, and Steam's Winter Sale Tuesday 5th.

Fanatical ends the year with a new Star Deal: Thief, with a 86% discount for the next 48 hours: https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/thief

GAMING NEWS

Koei Tecmo websites, forums down following cyberattack
https://www.pcgamer.com/koei-tecmo-websites-forums-down-following-cyber-attack/
A cyberattack on the European branch website of publisher Koei Tecmo has caused the company to take down both the American and European websites. Koei Tecmo said in a statement that some 65,000 accounts on the European forums may have been compromised, with user registration information including account names, encrypted passwords, and email addresses at risk of having been stolen. That information may have been leaked as of December 25th.

And that's it. Another year has come to an end. I wish you all a better 2021 full of great games and time to play them... but not during lockdowns.

See you on Monday!

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

GN did a video on this a while ago but sometimes the issue with GN and their overly technical style is that it's hard to understand the point they are trying to make. So Jay made it quite simple explanation.

Full Video:

https://youtu.be/DKwA7ygTJn0

Also Happy New Year those that have already past it. Hopefully it's filled with lewd waifus and rgb!

Happy new Year, everyone! Let's start the year with a new contest:

*** NEW CONTEST ***

HEXUS EPIC Giveaway Day 18: Win a Philips Brilliance 32in 4K monitor https://hexus.net/tech/features/monitors/147113-day-18-win-philips-brilliance-32in-4k-monitor/

The prize is a Philips Brilliance 32in 4K monitor.

This competition is for UK and Europe ONLY.

Happy New Year guys!

GN released their disappointment build of 2020:

Intel Core i9-11900K “Rocket Lake-S” breaks CPU-Z barrier of 700 points with all cores at 5.2 GHz

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-core-i9-11900k-rocket-lake-s-breaks-cpu-z-barrier-of-700-points-with-all-cores-at-5-2-ghz

Now the key thing to remember is that because it's a OC score, you can OC the 5000 series and get pretty close. Still, quite hard to deny the gen on gen improvements as the 10700K on single core is able to hit 571 when OC to 5.2Ghz.

Alder Lake and Zen 4 gonna be one interesting fight.

The games for January 2021 Humble Choice have been revealed.

• PC Building Simulator
  • Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey
  • Pathologic 2
  • Warhammer: Chaosbane
  • Total Tank Simulator
  • SONG OF HORROR COMPLETE EDITION
  • Not Tonight
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York
  • Tales of the Neon Sea
  • Minoria
  • Deleveled
  • The Ambassador: Fractured Timelines