By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

JEMC said:

Beckham is reportedly making £40 million from FIFA 21, while Ibrahimovic is livid about being in it
https://www.pcgamer.com/david-beckhams-reportedly-making-pound40-million-from-fifa-21-while-zlatan-ibrahimovic-is-livid-about-being-in-it/
The UK's Daily Mirror reports that David Beckham is being paid £40 million over three years to appear as an 'icon' in FIFA 21 and future games. A source told the paper that "FIFA makers EA Sports offered him £30million over three years but he managed to get a better deal. It is a big addition to the Beckham brand and the easiest money he’s ever made."
Can't imagine too many at EA Sports will be happy about that last line. More amusingly, these reports seem to have set off Zlatan Ibrahimovic, a man who is never knowingly undersold (Twitter bio: "Lions don't compare themselves to humans.")
>> Imagine what could happen if all the players asked EA for money? There would be no more Fifa games.

YAYYYYY!!!

On the other hand, it could also mean that they want to recoup the losses through FUT but increasing the prices, making the odds even worse - and making everything dependent on it!

Around the Network
Marth said:

Gotta say I am really interested in the 2021 CPU lineup.

Curious about Zen3s limits.

We will probably get a 5100 and 5300 where AMD will hopefully do good things in performance per $
Then Zen3 mobile chips where it can prove power efficiency.
And on the other end new Threadripper CPUs to push it to its maximum. 3000 series already were monsters so 5000 series could be really crazy in production tasks.

Also I am interested in Intels showing

While shitting on their 14++++++++ is a lot of fun it is also very impressive how far they pushed that node and they somehow want to add another 10% IPC gain on that. But I do fear that powerdraw and heat could be an issue here. At least the name would be fitting then.

Intel's showings are laughable right now. So much that they get so desperate, they consider some power-saving feature implemented by OEMs as irrefutable proof that AMD's numbers are not right (even though the same thing happens on Intel notebooks) and every laptop should only be tested on battery. Yes, really!

The funniest part is, even when they stack the odds in their favor they still get beaten. Did I mention that the Tiger Lake was running at a staggering 36W (So 8W over it's normal 28W limit) while the AMD Laptop was running at 22W?

Speaking of Zen 3 limits, AMD is releasing Precision Boost Overdrive 2. Unlike the original, this one doesn't overclock directly, but instead undervolts the CPU to give it more headroom. As with always with PBO, it destroys the warranty, but it can be very beneficial in the end. AMD reports a performance increase between 2% in singlecore and 10% multicore on a 5900X in their testings.

Also, next year's Chromebooks are reportedly switching to Ryzen 5000U series chips, of which we know very little yet. But it's yet another customer lost for Intel after Apple...

Speaking of the 5000U series, the 4600U (6c/12t) will apparently come back next year as the 5500U. This is probably due to almost all OEMs either choosing the cheaper 4500U (6c/ct) or the more prestigious Ryzen 7 4700U (8c/8t), leaving just a couple Pro versions and the 4650G Desktop variants, which are most probably not enough volume to sell their stock.

Not all is bad, however: The 4600U was notably at least as strong, if not stronger in most CPU applications when compared to the 4700U, despite the lower placement in the lineup. And it should be able to beat any Zen3-based 6c/ct chip in multicore performance at same power draw, so the old chip fills a little gap in the lineup.

6000 series AIBs should be launching tomorrow and... It sounds like it's gonna be a very low stock as well.

"Hi all,
As promised, I wanted to keep you all in the loop with any info that I've received regarding these recent releases!
I've just received word that we are not expecting shipments of RX 6000 cards tomorrow 11/25. I'll be sure to share any info I have as soon as I learn more!
Thanks!

November 24
Is this for every microcenter?

Yes, this is for all of our locations."

https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/5822/rx-6000-series-stock-from-aib-board-partners

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

hinch said:

Yeah there are usually massive issues (TBC and WOLTK comes to mind) with logins, queues and server problems but this was really smooth launch.

Nice, enjoy. Only played a few hours with some friends and was quite fun doing new quests. Nicce you have a proactive guild. I just went and joined a casual one (though large) they don't raid or anything like that.

About professions same lol. It just takes too much money to buy mats when people are farming. Going to level up engineering on my main while leveling and max it out for the good stuff.

I actually came upon by sheer luck, that one of my artist friends decided to come up with a guild on his Discord, starting with me, him and his wife and my gf. Now we've got enough to do raids all expac, so I guess I struck it lucky for this expac, since I haven't actually proper raided since the Hellscream raid (which was 2013 I think?).

I'm a wee bit confused on the lack of loot drops I'm hearing, as well as crafting legs this expac. I'm pretty fucking stoked that we'll be unlocking flying via renown instead of god awful rep grinding though. Means I'll actually be able to fly and enjoy an expac's scenery for once. 

Yeah, proffs just take up too much time imo, and offer little payoff, save for the gathering proffs that can make you a lil money on the side. Man, I remember back in the WotLK days when crafting bags made you top dolla. Makes me wonder if anyone is using auction house mods this expac, because I was using one during WoD for fur gathering/price comparisons. 

Does engi proff still allow you to build that sweet motorcycle anymore?. I begged my friends to make me that since WotLK. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Chazore said:

I'm pretty fucking stoked that we'll be unlocking flying via renown instead of god awful rep grinding though. Means I'll actually be able to fly and enjoy an expac's scenery for once. 

Yeah, proffs just take up too much time imo, and offer little payoff, save for the gathering proffs that can make you a lil money on the side. Man, I remember back in the WotLK days when crafting bags made you top dolla. Makes me wonder if anyone is using auction house mods this expac, because I was using one during WoD for fur gathering/price comparisons. 

Does engi proff still allow you to build that sweet motorcycle anymore?. I begged my friends to make me that since WotLK. 

Ah this is good to hear. Unlocking flying felt so bad in BFA. Especially when you're coming in late to and expansion at a disadvantage.. plus with the Horde population outnumbering the Alliance by some margin with War Mode on. And Idd shouldn't need to rep grind weeks to unlock it.

There probably will be AH mods. I didn't really use any in BFA but then I just used the in game auction to price up mats.

I honestly couldn't tell you. sorry. I mained a Rogue mostly through the last expac after a long hiatus with the game after WotLK and I wasn't an engineer back then on any of my characters lol. I assume you still can make it though I remember it being very expensive to do.

Google gave me 3 months of Stadia. I'm almost tempted to try it. Almost.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
JEMC said:

Beckham is reportedly making £40 million from FIFA 21, while Ibrahimovic is livid about being in it
https://www.pcgamer.com/david-beckhams-reportedly-making-pound40-million-from-fifa-21-while-zlatan-ibrahimovic-is-livid-about-being-in-it/
The UK's Daily Mirror reports that David Beckham is being paid £40 million over three years to appear as an 'icon' in FIFA 21 and future games. A source told the paper that "FIFA makers EA Sports offered him £30million over three years but he managed to get a better deal. It is a big addition to the Beckham brand and the easiest money he’s ever made."
Can't imagine too many at EA Sports will be happy about that last line. More amusingly, these reports seem to have set off Zlatan Ibrahimovic, a man who is never knowingly undersold (Twitter bio: "Lions don't compare themselves to humans.")
>> Imagine what could happen if all the players asked EA for money? There would be no more Fifa games.

YAYYYYY!!!

On the other hand, it could also mean that they want to recoup the losses through FUT but increasing the prices, making the odds even worse - and making everything dependent on it!

If they do that last part, sales will fall like a rock.

I'm going to say that EA will argue that it has the Fifa license, the different national leagues licenses and also most teams licenses as well, and the use of currently active players is allowed by those licenses they've got. They'll need something more creative to explain the use of retired players but, ultimately, they can just include the ones that agree to be in and scrap the ones that don't.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Captain_Yuri said:

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"