By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

The news, part two:

Xbox chief says Elden Ring is 'clearly the most ambitious game' Fromsoft has done
https://www.pcgamer.com/xbox-chief-says-elden-ring-is-clearly-the-most-ambitious-game-fromsoft-has-done/
During an interview with Gamespot, Xbox head Phil Spencer spoke briefly about the upcoming Elden Ring, a Fromsoft production directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki, with world-building from George R.R. Martin.

Phil Spencer says Microsoft isn't shopping around for Japanese studios
https://www.pcgamer.com/phil-spencer-says-microsoft-isnt-shopping-around-for-japanese-studios/
A Bloomberg report from earlier this week said that Microsoft, still feeling the warm afterglow of the Bethesda acquisition, is in the market for some Japanese game studios. Several developers based in Japan had said they'd been approached by the company about a possible buyout, according to the report, although they all requested anonymity as the talks had not been publicly disclosed.
In an interview with Gamespot, however, Xbox boss Phil Spencer said that as far as he knows, that's not actually the case.

The most annoying Call of Duty: Black Ops killstreak is now in Warzone, but good luck finding it
https://www.pcgamer.com/the-most-annoying-call-of-duty-black-ops-killstreak-is-now-in-warzone-but-good-luck-finding-it/
Black Ops' most infamous killstreak, the RC-XD, has popped up in Call of Duty: Warzone ahead of the launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War. These little explosive bastards can't be purchased from Buy Stations like most killstreaks. Right now, they can only be found by completing a special contract in a private match or practice round.

Deathloop will release in May, according to a PlayStation Store listing
https://www.pcgamer.com/deathloop-will-release-in-may-according-to-a-playstation-store-listing/
Deathloop is Arkane Studios' first new game since Prey, and it looks promising: it's about immortal assassins duking it out in an endlessly looping 1970s cityscape. The game has previously been scheduled for a vague 2021 release, but now we've got a specific date: Deathloop will release on May 21, 2021, for PS5 at least.

Update: The exploit Destiny 2 players were using to hit the soft cap for Beyond Light has been fixed
https://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2-players-have-worked-out-how-to-hit-the-soft-cap-for-beyond-light-in-one-hour/
Update: It's been patched. The drop rate for legendaries in the Widow's Walk lost sector, which players were repeating to power-level their way to Beyond Light's soft-cap, has been nerfed. Bungie tweeted the fix, and millions of voices suddenly cried out in disappointment that they hadn't had time to make use of the exploit, and were silenced.

A major update for the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale enhanced editions is in beta
https://www.pcgamer.com/a-major-update-for-the-baldurs-gate-and-icewind-dale-enhanced-editions-is-in-beta/
It's been years since Beamdog released their enhanced editions of the original Baldur's Gate games and Icewind Dale, but the studio has announced it is planning to update them, with a "BIG 2.6 Patch" for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in the works. The patch notes include plenty of fixes for the sequel, and Icewind Dale as well.

Here's some gameplay footage of Sam & Max in VR
https://www.pcgamer.com/heres-some-gameplay-footage-of-sam-and-max-in-vr/
A couple of days ago we found out there was a remastered version of Telltale's episodic series Sam & Max Save the World on the way, but let's not forget there's also a brand new Sam & Max in development, even though it is in VR. Sam & Max: This Time it's Virtual! is due next year, so developers HappyGiant have shared some pre-release gameplay footage taken with an Oculus Quest 1.

Baldur's Gate 3 developer sums up its players: 'They're all horny'
https://www.pcgamer.com/baldurs-gate-3-developer-sums-up-its-players-theyre-all-horny/
Swen Vincke, founder of Larian Studios, recently spoke to IGN about how Baldur's Gate 3 is going in Early Access, and what the developer has learned about its players. "They're all horny, I can tell you that," he said.

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 creative director is leaving DICE after 8 years
https://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-battlefront-ii-creative-director-is-leaving-dice-after-8-years/
Dennis Bränvall, Star Wars: Battlefront II's creative director since 2019, is leaving developer DICE after 8 years. Bränvall's work with DICE began on Battlefield 4, before he moved on to the Star Wars: Battlefront team as senior level designer on the first game. On Battlefront II, Bränvall first served as associate creative director, before becoming creative director last year.

Xbox boss Phil Spencer says things with Halo Infinite are going fine, actually
https://www.pcgamer.com/xbox-boss-phil-spencer-says-things-with-halo-infinite-are-going-fine-actually/
In an interview with Gamespot, Xbox boss Phil Spencer has told fans not to worry about Halo Infinite, despite the reports of departing developers.
"Sometimes what hits the press or when certain things get announced internally have actually happened months before. It's not always accurate when these things line up," he said.

Phasmophobia now lets dead players throw stuff, and a prison level is coming
https://www.pcgamer.com/phasmophobia-now-lets-dead-players-throw-stuff-and-a-prison-level-is-coming/
The latest patch for truly excellent spook-em-up Phasmophobia introduces a much-requested feature: the ability for players who have been killed by the ghost to mess with their still-living friends. Dying in the game is relatively rare, in my experience, but when it does happen the player in question spends the rest of that round in a blue 'limbo' where they can see the ghost and other players. Until this patch you were able to listen in, basically, but not much else.

The Hitman series turns 20 this month, boasts 70 million lifetime players
https://www.pcgamer.com/the-hitman-series-turns-20-this-month-boasts-70-million-lifetime-players/
November 21 is a big day for IO Interactive, as it marks the release date of Hitman: Codename 47, all the way back in 2000. By now, the Hitman series is seven games strong, with the eighth, Hitman 3, releasing in January 2021.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Captain_Yuri said:
vivster said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Nzxt z63/z73

I'm gonna pretend you mean the X73 and put it on my list.

Isn't z73 their newest model where you can put custom gifs, animations or temps on the lcd screen instead of jist the rgb?

But that's the only difference afaik. And is that worth 120 Euro more? Not to me at the very least.

It's not but Viv did say "Money is irrelevant." For Epeen, z73 is certainly gonna get people more nerdgasms if money/value is not a concern.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Cyran said:
vivster said:
Cyran said:
The EK-AIO 360 another one you should look into.

Is there a more exact product description? The ones I looked at are kinda weird and all come with a separate water reservoir, which I'm not a fan of.

You must of been looking at the now discontinue EK MLC Phoenix which was sorta a product without a consumer base.  No one wants a hybrid between AIO and custom.  Most people want to do one or the other.

The one I referring to is a true AIO

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-aio-360-d-rgb

Here a written review of it by Gamenexus 

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3596-ek-aio-drgb-360-240-review-liquid-coolers

Ah, there is the issue. I didn't find those because they're basically nowhere available.

Captain_Yuri said:
vivster said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Nzxt z63/z73

I'm gonna pretend you mean the X73 and put it on my list.

Isn't z73 their newest model where you can put custom gifs, animations or temps on the lcd screen instead of jist the rgb?

LED screens are incompatible with my closed case.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'm flirting with getting a BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 12. It's mega overkill at 1200W, but it is basically the best PSU money can buy right now. It's a PSU for a lifetime with its 10 year warranty and 80 Plus Titanium rating. It's full digital, making it even more durable and power efficient. Still a bit steep in price for 350€.But it's just soooo gooooood!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Certainly a psu to last a life time

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

For comparison, I'm currently running a 450 W Super Flower PSU... Other hardware being ancient helps! But it feels really strange to see you guys talking about even 600 W PSUs, let alone a 1200 W one. This is yet another component I'm expecting to need to upgrade as well once I get some upgrades to my PC.

A long time ago, I was under the impression that a 750 Watt is all I would need. Today, I am still under that impression as I was able to overclock a Strix 3090 just fine. But if I had an Intel i9 10900k at 5ghz. I wouldn't be so sure.In the end, if money is no concern, may as well get the best there is. It's not like the PSU will be running at 1200 watts all the time, only when it's needed.

Cyran said:

If the 3080TI was available now with those specs I would probably choose that over 3090 but if I can get a 3090 by mid December I going to do that.  My logic is I got leave that expire January 3rd so am taking off work December 18 - January 3rd. Normally I would do some traveling but COVID so instead 2 weeks of Cyberpunk 2077 assuming they don't delay it again. The money I would of spent traveling more then covers the difference between 3080ti and 3090 so totally worth it so I can have a good GPU to play Cyberpunk with when am off work.

You're giving yourself a treat and, if it can't be a travel due to the circumstances, it will be something else. Good for you.

That said, by December we should know more about the 3080Ti and what it could bring to the table, like higher clocks, so you'll be able to take a better decision once time comes.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
JEMC said:

For those of us more down to Earth, with smaller wallets than some of our colleagues here, this may be interesting, and also a bit baffling:

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 rumored with up to 12GB memory to launch in January
https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-rumored-with-up-to-12gb-memory-to-launch-in-january
It would appear that NVIDIA is planning to answer next-gen Radeon graphics cards increasing memory capacities. The manufacturer has recently provided a new roadmap with upcoming products to its board partners, going as far as January.

Four GeForce SKUs in January 

We have already confirmed that NVIDIA is planning to launch its GeForce RTX 3080 Ti in January, however, this high-end SKU is not the only model being planned for this month. In January NVIDIA is also planning to launch GeForce RTX 3060, RTX 3050 Ti, and RTX 3050. The 3050 Ti was originally planned for February, but it appears that the plans have been changed recently.

GeForce RTX 3060

At least four variants of PG190 board design have discussed internally. It would appear that this board will be pin-compatible with both GA104 and GA106 GPUs. We already knew that the upcoming RTX 3060 Ti is using this board. NVIDIA also confirmed to AIBs that PG190 will be adopted by both RTX 3060 and RTX 3050 Ti. Those graphics cards will feature GA106 GPU.

When it comes to RTX 3060 specifically, NVIDIA has recently updated the PG190 SKU 30 board (RTX 3060 6GB 14Gbps) to PG190 SKU 40 (6GB 16Gbps). Only to update it last week to PG190 SKU 50, now featuring 12GB 16Gbps configuration. All these SKUs have different memory configurations. The changes to the CUDA core count (3840) are not listed and thus not expected.

GeForce RTX 3050 and RTX 3050 Ti

The cut-down GA106 GPU (GA106-300) will be used by GeForce RTX 3050 Ti. This card will also have a 192-bit memory bus, but the memory capacity is expected at 6GB. The graphics card is rumored to offer 3584 CUDA cores.

Lastly, the RTX 3050 is rumored to use a cut-down GA107 GPU. This is an entry-level SKU expected to ship with 2304 CUDA cores. Right now, NVIDIA is planning 4GB GDDR6 memory for this SKU (the GPU has a 128-bit bus). A leaker Koptite7kimi recently posted that this card will have a TGP of 90W.

There's a chance we could get a 3060 cerd with more memory than a more expensive 3070. Or maybe not, maybe they'll rethink it and cancel that sku like they cancelled the 16 and 20GB versions of the higher end cards.

I do expect the 12GB 3060(Ti) GPUs to only come in limited numbers, atleast until GDDR6X has gotten cheaper and the production capacity has catched up to their demands - which I don't expect to happen any sooner than summer next year.

On the other hand, considering the meager difference between the 3060 and 3050Ti (3840 vs 3584 Cuda cores, so only 8% less in that regard), the 12GB would be able to make all the difference here on the longer run. I'm fully expecting the 3050Ti to become NVidia's volume card for this generation due to being much more affordable than the bigger cards but also powerful enough to keep up in most games, so exactly what OEMs are looking for.

Either way, the 3060 is in a weird and bad position. Too little power advantage against the 3050Ti out of the box and with 12GB getting into the price range of the next bigger card means that both the 3050Ti and the 3070 will eat up most of it's market share. It certainly won't reach those 15% the 1060 had on steam with such a narrow market for itself.

The core count of Nvidia cards this gen is quite weird, with lots of cards very close one to another despite the doubling that Ampere has brought. I'm not even sure the 3070 is safe as the 3060Ti is "close" in specs and can have a memory advantage (maybe Nvidia will limit their number, but AIBs can ship the cards they want and, if more wanted, can make as many 12GB models as they please).

Both the 3050Ti and 3060Ti could become the more popular cards, if their price is right.

vivster said:
I'm flirting with getting a BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 12. It's mega overkill at 1200W, but it is basically the best PSU money can buy right now. It's a PSU for a lifetime with its 10 year warranty and 80 Plus Titanium rating. It's full digital, making it even more durable and power efficient. Still a bit steep in price for 350€.But it's just soooo gooooood!

That's a beast of a PSU, and quite big as well. Will it fit in your case?

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

By the way, TechPowerUp has made an article analysing why their AMD 5000 series CPU reviews had gaming results that were so different than the ones from other sites.

Turns out that moving from a 3200 CL14 to a 3800 CL16 RAM kit and brought big improvements, and those improvements increased again moving from Turing to Ampere.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/intel-10900k-vs-amd-5900x-gaming-performance/

Zkuq said:
For comparison, I'm currently running a 450 W Super Flower PSU... Other hardware being ancient helps! But it feels really strange to see you guys talking about even 600 W PSUs, let alone a 1200 W one. This is yet another component I'm expecting to need to upgrade as well once I get some upgrades to my PC.

Captain_Yuri said:

A long time ago, I was under the impression that a 750 Watt is all I would need. Today, I am still under that impression as I was able to overclock a Strix 3090 just fine. But if I had an Intel i9 10900k at 5ghz. I wouldn't be so sure.In the end, if money is no concern, may as well get the best there is. It's not like the PSU will be running at 1200 watts all the time, only when it's needed.

There is an important consideration with PSUs. They are peak efficient at about half load. With a 5900X and a high clocked 3080 my system power should get close to 600W at full gaming load. Since it is a dedicated gaming PC I will only ever have it under heavy load with almost no idle time. So for me getting a PSU that's twice as much us my gaming load is not as stupid as it sounds.