By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

So DF did their first Series X vs PC in watchdogs Legion test and the results are.... quite surprising!

Watchdogs Legion on Series X is Comparable to a 2060 Super with RT ON where as in games such as Gears of War 5 without Ray Tracing, it's comparable to a 2080.

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 13 November 2020

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

What's so surprising about it? Performance on par with a 2080 is what we were promised. The RT performance is something new and,while it doesn't bode well for AMD right now (XsX has 52 CUs and the 6800XT has 72, so the performacne won't be much better), we can't really take any conclusions as it's still too early.

Plus it's an Ubisoft game, we know that they can't optimize.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I wasn't expecting the Series X to be on par with a 2060 Super when RT is on. I was thinking it would be in between a 2070/2070 Super. This would mean that with games that have RT, the series X gpu might be slower than even a 3060.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I see. Well, as I said, it's too early to take any proper conclusions about the RT performance. And it's Ubisoft on top of that, we should wait until other studios launch multi platform games with RT to really see where things stand.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

im going with the idea that the dev environment for the series XS could use some work namely due to DMC and AC seem like they could also be optimised much better

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

So DF did their first Series X vs PC in watchdogs Legion test and the results are.... quite surprising!

Watchdogs Legion on Series X is Comparable to a 2060 Super with RT ON where as in games such as Gears of War 5 without Ray Tracing, it's comparable to a 2080.

Yeah this is worse than worse case scenario, let's see if call of duty brings any other result.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

haha, nice middle finger to Capcom.

I imagine they might C&D it, but hey, they cba giving PC the rest of the content, so modders may as well provide it instead.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

If consoles want optimized games they should've used Nvidia GPUs.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

In other news:

"The mining perf of 6800 XT is a bit higher than 5700 XT, much lower than RTX 3080."

https://twitter.com/kopite7kimi/status/1327125321422868480?s=20

For Nvidia people anyway...

Nvidia suffering from success.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.