By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

JEMC said:

On another note, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the latest rumor/leak about Navi:

AMD Navi 21 “Big Navi GPU” For Radeon RX 6900 XT Reportedly Features 16 GB VRAM, Radeon RX 6000 Cards With Navi 22 Get 12 GB VRAM

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-6000-series-navi-21-16-gb-navi-22-12-gb-gpu-vram/

The specifications for AMD's Radeon RX 6000 series graphics cards have reportedly been confirmed by Rogame. According to his information, AMD's next-generation RDNA 2 (Navi 2X) lineup of GPUs would initially feature two chips with vastly different memory configurations.

That means that either Big Navi uses a 256 or 512-bit memory bus, more likely the former if rumors are to be believed, and that regular Navi goes for 192 or 384-bit, again probably the former as i don't recall AMD going with 384-bit before. I'm not sure if the bandwidth will be enough for those chips.

Redgamingtech leaked this before, 256-bit bus + big cache for big navi (n21) and I think just normal 256-bit bus for navi22. It's possible amd could cut off 2 memory controllers on N22 for 12GB Vram like they did for navi10. But I don't think they will.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Around the Network

did they lose the orginal source for crysis that they had to use the console version?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Todd Howard put in an order for millions of new brown leather jackets.

Last edited by green_sky - on 21 September 2020

Trumpstyle said:
JEMC said:

On another note, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the latest rumor/leak about Navi:

Redgamingtech leaked this before, 256-bit bus + big cache for big navi (n21) and I think just normal 256-bit bus for navi22. It's possible amd could cut off 2 memory controllers on N22 for 12GB Vram like they did for navi10. But I don't think they will.

Or maybe Navi 21 will have an asymmetric memory design like the Series X and feature a mix of 1 and 2 GB chips for a 320 or even 384-bit bus.

kirby007 said:
did they lose the orginal source for crysis that they had to use the console version?

If I remember correctly, the console version used a newer engine so maybe porting it from the console version was easier than the original pc version.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Because it fits so great and because it's one of the greatest videos of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPN0qhSyWy8

Last edited by vivster - on 21 September 2020

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Trumpstyle said:
JEMC said:

AMD Navi 21 “Big Navi GPU” For Radeon RX 6900 XT Reportedly Features 16 GB VRAM, Radeon RX 6000 Cards With Navi 22 Get 12 GB VRAM

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-6000-series-navi-21-16-gb-navi-22-12-gb-gpu-vram/

The specifications for AMD's Radeon RX 6000 series graphics cards have reportedly been confirmed by Rogame. According to his information, AMD's next-generation RDNA 2 (Navi 2X) lineup of GPUs would initially feature two chips with vastly different memory configurations.

That means that either Big Navi uses a 256 or 512-bit memory bus, more likely the former if rumors are to be believed, and that regular Navi goes for 192 or 384-bit, again probably the former as i don't recall AMD going with 384-bit before. I'm not sure if the bandwidth will be enough for those chips.

We've seen those numbers before, but this is the first time that a legit leaker states that the numbers have been confirmed.

Also, if you disable two memory controllers of Navi 21 for Navi 22, you get 256-2*32=192-bit memory bus.

haxxiy said:
Trumpstyle said:

Or maybe Navi 21 will have an asymmetric memory design like the Series X and feature a mix of 1 and 2 GB chips for a 320 or even 384-bit bus.

Do you really think that an asymetrical memoru configuration would work well outside a closed ecosystem like a console?

Captain_Yuri said:
kirby007 said:

If I remember correctly, the console version used a newer engine so maybe porting it from the console version was easier than the original pc version.

At this point, I have more faith in the remaster that modders announced a couple weeks ago than in this official one.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Crysis remastered needed to be Direct X 12/Vulkan. Direct X 11 is archaic and inefficient.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pcgameshardware.de did another test with pcie4.
https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Geforce-RTX-3080-Grafikkarte-276730/Specials/PCI-Express-PCIE-30-40-Benchmarks-1358388/

Looks like you can expect an average of 2% more performance. I would assume that is gonna increase even more in the next few years.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

*** NEW CONTEST ***

TechPowerUp and be quiet! Present Pure Base 500DX Giveaway https://www.techpowerup.com/272388/techpowerup-and-be-quiet-present-pure-base-500dx-giveaway

This contest is for US & CANADA Only.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.