By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

After seeing the ps5 press conference, I want that 3080 now more than ever

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
JEMC said:

How? The game will give you a $10 voucher and SR is $30.

On another note, looks like this gen we'll see a lot more "console exclusives" than last, maybe they all will be like this.

got another voucher thats valid untill januari

Nice!

I hope they're not jerks and you can use both vouchers on the same game.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

kirby007 said:
^ not really because its something new and fresh and not the same millionth gameplay incarnation with a different coat of paint

Which is ironic because the only reason why I've fallen out of love with FF and GoW is exactly because they are "new and fresh" instead of just doing what they have always done.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Captain_Yuri said:

Fuck Yes

Alright so never mind about that. Sony made a mistake in the video so Demon Souls will be Playstation 5 exclusive since they are in the habit of giving people the wrong information.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Moore's Law is Dead is usually full of shit but he was right about the GoW 5 being a 2021 game and being announced this month.

That announcement took me by surprise.

Around the Network

Treat the followuing as rumors:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X to feature 12 cores, Ryzen 7 5800X gets 8?
https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-ryzen-9-5900x-to-feature-12-cores-ryzen-7-5800x-gets-8
A new tweet from Patrick Shur, a software engineer actively sharing undisclosed details on future AMD Ryzen processors, suggests that the upcoming Zen3 based series will in fact adopt the 5000 series naming. This is not shocking news, as it has been rumored for a couple of weeks now. AMD would allegedly align Vermeer (desktop, Matisse successor) naming with Cezanne (mobile, Renoir successor). Both series would launch as Ryzen 5000 series. The 4000 series would therefore remain exclusive to Renoir FP6 (mobile) and Renoir AM4 (desktop) series.

Of course, the tweet that emerged yesterday does not prove anything. After all, no source has been provided. Yet it does align with what we have been expecting. Patrick discovered Ryzen 9 5900X and Ryzen 7 5800X processors, carrying 12 and 8-cores respectively. This would be the same core count as the current Ryzen 3000 series lineup

(...)

Such a naming schema does not leave a lot of room for an alleged 10-core processor, but one would guess it could launch as 5850X if it is launching at all.

Since there would be no changes to the core counts, AMD Zen3 is expected to bring new technologies and higher performance through other techniques. Our source has provided us with this list:

• Zen3 will be the first major redesign of Zen, focusing on performance/watt and scalability
  • Better IPC, 8 core per CCX, new IO chip with better memory controller, improved SMT, and more efficient boost
  • The new boost is not focusing on getting much higher clocks, it is designed to manage long workloads, it can be sustained for several minutes

Could a smaller boost that lasts more be enough to beat Intel in single thread situations, specially with an improved IPC?

NVIDIA ‘teases’ GeForce RTX 3080 with 20GB memory
https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-teases-geforce-rtx-3080-with-20gb-memory
It is no secret that NVIDIA is also preparing a 20GB model of the GeForce RTX 3080 graphics card. It has been speculated for weeks now and we had no problems confirming this information with multiple sources. The internal roadmaps clearly state PG132 SKU 20 board design (RTX 3080 20GB) but the launch date has not yet been set.

Based on the information that we have the RTX 3080 20GB will arrive after AMD Radeon RX 6000 series. This model is simply a response to the Big Navi, the 16GB model, rumored to be Radeon RX 6900 XT. The date was not communicated to AIBs, simply because NVIDIA did not know when the Big Navi launches. This of course has changed, because AMD already announced RX 6000 series will be unveiled on October 28th. The RTX 3080 20GB might launch shortly after Radeon products will be available.

The latest development in RTX 3080 20GB news is the just-released document by NVIDIA. Yesterday NVIDIA released 8nm Ampere (GA102) whitepaper where the RTX 3080 model is listed as ‘GeForce RTX 3080 10GB’. Nowhere else in the document NVIDIA lists memory configuration with SKU name, clearly indicating that there are more versions coming.

The GeForce RTX 3070, which is also listed in this document, lacks memory configuration in the product name. This is despite rumors that we will be seeing a GA104-based 16GB model too. However, the explanation for this is rather simple. The 16GB model will feature a different GPU configuration. The card will likely adopt Ti or SUPER branding so it is a completely different SKU. We have been told that this model will launch after both RTX 3060 Ti and RTX 3080 20GB.

I don't really agree with their logic to assume the existence of a 20GB model, but that shoudln't go against their "sources" saying that it exist. Maybe waiting for Zen3 to make a full system update could net better results.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Yeah this sucks. I'm absolutely not interested in a 3080 with more RAM but I would be if it also had higher performance. Of course we won't know until it's already too late.

Personally I can't really imagine a straight 3080 with double the RAM. It would have to be either a 3080ti or use GDDR6, which would be stupid.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Well this is bullshit, but hey, between SE getting chummy again with Sony, and seeing DMCV SE being shown off at their event, this isn't all that surprising.

Japanese pubs gotta be loyal to their own, right?. For years I've seen Jap pubs largely being more faithful to their own, over Western pubs and platforms, but this stupid shit has got to end. The era of Japan being at the forefront of gaming has passed. Stop trying to cling to a dead era and just follow through with what the rest of the world has been doing, Capcom.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"